+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC- NOC 1111

shistik

Dec 11, 2013
Hey guys,

I applied for my pr for the second time under the CEC. My previous application was completeness checked and returned but I never received it :p

I just recently sent in a new application. on schedule 8, I have included 3 years of work experience.

The first year, I was a bookkeeper for a public accounting firm and as such indicated the NOC code 1311.

I also indicated 1 1/2 years of experience at another public accounting practice as a chartered accounting ( articling student) and classified the job under NOC 1111

The problem is that I'm on a labour market opinion( former PGWP applicant) and my closed work permit states my occupation to be;

Accounting tech/chartered Acct

I do not want them to deem me as a n accounting tech. I did include my employment letter which clearly states that I am a CA student and also provided my time sheets which clearly indicate that I spent most of my time doing financial audits.

Any thoughts on this please...

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
I'm confused why you are reposting your question from yesterday?

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
Ok, from the post today, I am clear of your concerns. It depends on the duties outlined by your former employers, if that clearly states you were doing the audit, 1111 is your code. I think auditor is a distinguishable occupation, not like accountants which could be either senior accountant or junior accountant like bookkeeper, so you should be alright. But interesting to me is your occupation in your wp, to me acc tech and chartered acct are not in the same skills level? I hope the vo know about their work well.

you may list some duties in your letter if you want and we can clarify for you.

shistik

Dec 11, 2013
Thanks, much appreciated :)

Alright, the letter from my former employer indicates that I am a CA student registered with the ICAO, my salary info etc

It goes on to say that shayan is involved in preparing various financial reports and corporate tax returns. Its quite brief.

I sent my record of qualifying experience (RQE) forms as well i.e on which the partners have to indicate my competency in each of assurance, performance measurement, tax, management decision making, governance etc.

I also sent them a summary of my time sheets which was signed off by the training principal at my firm. It indicates my total audit, review and tax hours. All these documents are to be provided to the ICAO in any case.

I printed off my student record of the ICAO website and sent them that too :p

shistik

Dec 11, 2013
also...... the forms indicate that Ive chosen the external path ( licensable public accountant) and that I've met my 625 audit hours.

They aren't very clear are they...... one could be an articling student at CGA or a CMA's practise and still be eligible under (1111). The info page clearly indicates that articling students are to be included in this unit group.

As an accounting occupation , you are an accounting technician/staff accountant or team accountant-- whatever the firm decides on.

I believe until November 7th or 8th, I was eligible to apply for my pr under both the NOC codes, now obviously only 1111.

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
Well, thhe wp giving you 2 different NOC codes does not make sense to me.

Big firms give very standard letter, the letter you got is very brief which is not good. In this case the RQE would make your case stronger as you are applying as CA student if the vo understand the requirements to become the CA.

Question- have you passed UFE?

shistik

Dec 11, 2013
The supporting documents should suffice,

Its just that .. they may deem me ineligible just based on the fact that my work permit has me an as an ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN/CHARTERED ACC

I have a bad feeling about this.

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
Sorry to hear that. I would suggest you try to get a detailed letter from the firm and update cic once you get aor to be safer. Best luck!

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
shistik said:
The supporting documents should suffice,

Its just that .. they may deem me ineligible just based on the fact that my work permit has me an as an ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN/CHARTERED ACC

I have a bad feeling about this.
I am not saying they would reject you based on the fact your wp gives you 2 occupations, just feel strange. Probably it is supposed to be like this for CA student? But the key is never loose hope and your case is strong where I assume you worked in one big acc firm, which the vo has to take into consideration when assessing your case. Hope this helps. Keep positive! :)

janeloveeasy

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any good news ?
I am also working at a public charted accounting firm too, and it has been about a year and a half. I applied AINP in December 2013; however, there is no updated since they received my file. It has been 8 months already!
I applied as an accounting technician under AINP.

I wonder if I can apply CEC now as a staff accountant. My main duties are preparing financial statements and tax returns, corporate and personal tax returns. Also I am doing NTR and review. I did some audits before but just kind of helping my co-worker.

Am I eligible for NOC 1111 ?

many thanks !

RedPhoenix

Oct 22, 2016
Hi shistik

Did CEC accept your application with the NOC Code 1111? Since currently, I am in the same position as you were before.

I am an audit associate at a big four company, and I am not sure of my NOC code.