+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC cap has been reached?

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Acrylicus said:
**UPDATE**

I just spoke to the CIC call center on the phone, they informed me they have been flooded with this question and have asked Ottowa.

Their ETA on an answer is the end of next week.

Apparently it takes over a week for Ottowa to respond to an internal email. Sounds efficient.
looks like they are pretty quick,,,

just updated the page,,, and removed the message,,,

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Acrylicus said:
**********UPDATE**************

THE PAGE HAS BEEN UPDATED AS OF TODAY, THERE IS NO LONGER A MESSAGE THAT THE CEC IS FULL
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/cec.asp

REJOICE
That's good news for now. But regardless if the cap seemed reached or not, it is still better to submit your CEC application as soon as possible. At least some people here can help you with your application, based on theirs and other people's experiences. The information about EE already started to open up, but it could take more than 6 months or even much longer before we hear the first few success stories from those high in-demands in EE. Imagine if you are on the other end of spectrum...

Good luck all~

Acrylicus

Dec 21, 2012
retwant said:
That's good news for now. But regardless if the cap seemed reached or not, it is still better to submit your CEC application as soon as possible. At least some people here can help you with your application, based on theirs and other people's experiences. The information about EE already started to open up, but it could take more than 6 months or even much longer before we hear the first few success stories from those high in-demands in EE. Imagine if you are on the other end of spectrum...

Good luck all~
My application was received on 01/12/2014 - hopefully I'm in the green.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Thank you guys for the update and bringing this matter up which forced CIC to remove immediately. Infact, I would say love you all

lau2014

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
05-12-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
02-09-2016
guys .....CIC will process the majority of complete permanent residence applications received (i.e. those including all the necessary supporting documents) in six months or less.... is about CEC?

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
lau2014 said:
guys .....CIC will process the majority of complete permanent residence applications received (i.e. those including all the necessary supporting documents) in six months or less.... is about CEC?
I think you are looking at the EE page. It's not specific to CEC, but could be any of the streams.

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
lau2014 said:
Its concerning Express Entry 2015.

alyahmed

Oct 2, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm Copying a post from -- Jafaa83 --

Quick update on the cap...They removed the note from the link which is all panicking us since yesterday. Special thanks to @ Pearl1 for posting it on the first hand news as he found it.

Please see link.....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/cec.asp

now all just can relax and follow the link for cap status : www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/applications-accepted.asp

we can all relax now :D :D :D :D :D

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
se7en said:
Thank you guys for the update and bringing this matter up which forced CIC to remove immediately. Infact, I would say love you all
We all shared the same experience and thanks to everyone who shared their grief, sadness and soothing comments for being here at this time.

alyahmed

Oct 2, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaffa83 said:
We all shared the same experience and thanks to everyone who shared their grief, sadness and soothing comments for being here at this time.
Everyone here is very helpful, I thank all of you for sharing the information you had. I was really freaking out yesterday LOL. but today I feel much better :)

dream_hunter

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DECEMBER 1, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
again! : ??? :eek: :'(

Andrew1982

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Hi Guys,
I have just got this email, it seams that the cap has been reached and the ´cool´ thing is that they cashed out my money draft and returned my application...

application received in Sydney on Oct 22.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that your application was returned with all attachments on January 21, 2015 as the Global Cap for Canadian Experience Class has been reached. A letter of explanation was provided along with the application package.

Please note: all returned applications are sent via regular mail to the mailing address as entered on the application package. There is no tracking number. Once the application is mailed, its delivery is the responsibility of the postal service. Applications are not sent via courier.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

AQS
Client Service Unit
Citizenship and Immigration
Centralized Intake Office
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
Andrew1982 said:
Hi Guys,
I have just got this email, it seams that the cap has been reached and the ´cool´ thing is that they cashed out my money draft and returned my application...

application received in Sydney on Oct 22.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that your application was returned with all attachments on January 21, 2015 as the Global Cap for Canadian Experience Class has been reached. A letter of explanation was provided along with the application package.

Please note: all returned applications are sent via regular mail to the mailing address as entered on the application package. There is no tracking number. Once the application is mailed, its delivery is the responsibility of the postal service. Applications are not sent via courier.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

AQS
Client Service Unit
Citizenship and Immigration
Centralized Intake Office
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
Have you received your application back already. When was your draft cashed?