+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - August 2014 application

joshi9

Oct 1, 2014
Kiranmayi said:
Really? Did CIC call center guys confirmed that it was an error?

But for me it seems correct update because it was clearly mentioned in RPRF email that found application is eligible but Security and others are still in progress. 'This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose. '

Lets see how it goes...

I asked about my eligibility also and the call center rep said eligibility is in process.. Dont know whom to trust!

sdabadie

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Kiranmayi said:
Really? Did CIC call center guys confirmed that it was an error?

But for me it seems correct update because it was clearly mentioned in RPRF email that found application is eligible but Security and others are still in progress. 'This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose. '

Lets see how it goes...
I received the same email, have not yet received my MR. I paid it immediately upon receipt of the email. Even if it is an error, my RPRF is outstanding and will be until my application is finalized so figured I may as well pay it! I highly doubt that CIC could/would make an error like this. If anything, they don't share enough information, as opposed to accidentally spamming people. I am also an Aug 2014 applicant.

prunchie

Jan 23, 2015
engenc said:
Any one among August 2014 applicants who did not receive either MR or RPRF as me? I see people from September/October 2014 have already received RPRFs without MRS? COuld someone comment ongoing trend?
Yes, I'm a mid august 2014 applicant and in the same situation as yourself. No medical or RPRF request. Does not appear I was included on this batch email either! :(

SinaCEC

Dec 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Doc's Request.
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Uploaded 02-18-2016
Interview........
Upfront RPRF: March 1st, 2016
The Email format I got today:

"Date: January 18, 2016

My Name

My Address:

Canada

UCI: *******

Application: E000******

Email:*****@GMAIL.COM

Please review your mailing address above and advise us of any updates.

Dear My Name,

This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.

Has your family composition or personal circumstances changed since our last correspondence?

· Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation or death of the sponsor, principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
· You or any of your family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

If any of these conditions apply, you are required to inform our office immediately. If available, please include in your email the evidence that supports the change and send it to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Right of Permanent Residence Fee

We wish to remind you at this time that your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is outstanding. You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF must be paid once for yourself as a principal applicant and once for your spouse or common law partner, if you have one.

If you delay the payment of the RPRF, your security or medical results may expire, which would delay the issuance of your visas. We therefore encourage you to pay the RPRF as soon as possible, by following these steps:

ÿ Go to our Online Payment webpage

ÿ Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed

ÿ Select the “Immigration” link, followed by “Right of Permanent Residence Fee”

ÿ Enter the number of fee payments (1 or 2) in the box beside the fee of $490

ÿ Click “Submit”

ÿ Proceed to pay your fees by selecting “Pay” and then follow the instructions to pay with Visa, American Express or Mastercard.

Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format. Once the process is complete, please attach your receipt to an email, with your application number in the title, and send it to the address CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais@cic.gc.ca

The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you choose not to use your visa.

Your response to the above requests is required within 30 days.

Thank you for your immediate attention to these matters.

Regards,

GCMS Code
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca"

Did you all get the same email?

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
Can someone who got RPRF email previoulsy (not today) please copy and paste the email content to just compare whatwas written previously and now. So that we may find difference.
Thanks!

CECFeb17

Nov 19, 2014
I just, literally 3 min ago, finished the conversation with CIC agent re this strange email of RPRF payment request. She verified that the Ottawa Office made a mistake this morning to send this email to massive amount of people including old files that are already closed or files they have not seen yet. It was somebody's error on CIC's end at 11am.

teb

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kiranmayi said:
Can someone who got RPRF email previoulsy (not today) please copy and paste the email content to just compare whatwas written previously and now. So that we may find difference.
Thanks!

I got my RPRF requested on January 8th, 2015, the same day CIC received my medical results.

I did NOT receive the email today

Details Below

Please review your mailing address above and advise us of any updates.

Dear ,

This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.

Has your family composition or personal circumstances changed since our last correspondence?

· Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation or death of the sponsor, principal applicant or any accompanying family member;

· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;

· You or any of your family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

If any of these conditions apply, you are required to inform our office immediately. If available, please include in your email the evidence that supports the change and send it to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Right of Permanent Residence Fee

We wish to remind you at this time that your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is outstanding. You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF must be paid once for yourself as a principal applicant and once for your spouse or common law partner, if you have one.

If you delay the payment of the RPRF, your security or medical results may expire, which would delay the issuance of your visas. We therefore encourage you to pay the RPRF as soon as possible, by following these steps:

ÿ Go to our Online Payment webpage

ÿ Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed

ÿ Select the “Immigration” link, followed by “Right of Permanent Residence Fee”

ÿ Enter the number of fee payments (1 or 2) in the box beside the fee of $490

ÿ Click “Submit”

ÿ Proceed to pay your fees by selecting “Pay” and then follow the instructions to pay with Visa, American Express or Mastercard.

Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format. Once the process is complete, please attach your receipt to an email, with your application number in the title, and send it to the address CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais@cic.gc.ca

The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you choose not to use your visa.

Your response to the above requests is required within 30 days.

Thank you for your immediate attention to these matters.

Regards,

GCMS Code
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

www.cic.gc.ca

engenc

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
29-12-2014
CECFeb17 said:
I just, literally 3 min ago, finished the conversation with CIC agent re this strange email of RPRF payment request. She verified that the Ottawa Office made a mistake this morning to send this email to massive amount of people including old files that are already closed or files they have not seen yet. It was somebody's error on CIC's end at 11am.
If we look at from bright side of this incident, at least CIC has re-started to process old CEC applicants files. any process would bring some mistakes :)

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
teb said:
I got my RPRF requested on January 8th, 2015, the same day CIC received my medical results. Details Below
Thanks for sending.

Seems exactly same email what we received today. So, for me, its looks like it was an error in sending to all. As someone said it was an bulk email for bunch of people whose eligibility was passed but we all received it coz of a mistake.

Guys cool down and dont pay it (if you are not yet paid) until we hear some update on this.

joshi9

Oct 1, 2014
engenc said:
If we look at from bright side of this incident, at least CIC has re-started to process old CEC applicants files. any process would bring some mistakes :)
Man, hats off to your optimism!

smc007

Nov 12, 2014
I got same email with 'SinaCEC'.

I paid as I finishied reading this email and I think eventhough I paid this now, it shouldn't be a problem as long as it is not a scam. :)

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
I also just noticed that the RPRF requests has my OLD address from Quebec in the letter. But they already have my new address in the system and in ECAS. Weird. I included that in my response.

Deep2693

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
BRAMPTON
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Doc's Request.
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2014
Med's Request
09-02-2016
Med's Done....
10-02-2016
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
4-3-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
OhWow said:
I also just noticed that the RPRF requests has my OLD address from Quebec in the letter. But they already have my new address in the system and in ECAS. Weird. I included that in my response.
HI
GUYS WHO FILED FROM JULY TO DECEMBER GOT SAME E-MAIL TODAY.
AND THE RECEIPT WE ARE GETTING AFTER PAYMENT IS ALSO OFFICIAL...........ANY WORDS IF THIS IS A SCAM OR ERROR........

anjieun

Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
20-01-2015
OhWow said:
same here

vik302

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
Doc's Request.
25 feb
AOR Received.
06 jan 15
Med's Request
01-03-2016
Med's Done....
09-03-2016
Interview........
Rprf req 03 march 2016
Passport Req..
24-03-2016
Just called my consultant he told he hot several emails today and told me you can pay the fee..i think we should wait for a week