+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - August 2014 application

mikkke

Oct 31, 2014
Hey guys,

Just a quick update.

I went over my 15th month on November 10th 2015. Since CIC issued my AOR on October 30th 2014, the only communication I had from them was additional documents requested on June 10th 2015 and that's about it.

Hopefully we'll get another update soon.. :mad:

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
Guys...I don't want to discourage but I feel like laughing/crying loud....
Saw a post in the EE forum...Guy called Harry20 got PR in 12 days yes 12 DAYS..... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Extract from his post:

I submitted my application on 14th oct and got PPR on 26 oct. I am Outland candidate.
Got my copr and passport last week.

andy103

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
ABS_1382 said:
Saw a post in the EE forum...Guy called Harry20 got PR in 12 days yes 12 DAYS..... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Extract from his post:

I submitted my application on 14th oct and got PPR on 26 oct. I am Outland candidate.
thats just too much to bear :( this is sad very sad i reckon we gather somewhere and protest this is too much what wrong have we done to deserve this .... contact the immigration minister daily or rally outside his office this is going beyond my boiling point

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ABS_1382 said:

Extract from his post:

My reaction, exactly :) .

CEC2014CEC

Nov 2, 2015
Hey Guys, I am new to this forum! Now this has become extremely annoying as EE are getting their PR's in less than 3 months over all - and we got stuck with no progress. Lets join our hands and reach out our Immigration Minister. I certainly noticed that no local MP's has the power to expedite our process. Guys plan a location where we can meet. I am in Toronto!

And the hell with BOWP is taking over months where people are getting frustrated over and over!

Please let us act now.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think, we'd better preparing waiting for years .

Assume your are the immigration minister, or PM

what's most important in your mind ? Worldwide reputation about refugees, people's election ticket, Get money for next election .

it won't be us at all ,

we have no election right ,

if they need more people, they can select it from EE. and show off EE .

You can choose to believe there is still fairness in Canada , but it is not true in real world.

Let's focus on Canada immigration system itself, that is root cause of current mess.

No one can answer why only old CEC slow, if they really care refugee, then all the EE , old FSW should stop work too .

So , for God's sake , please don't make assumption CEC are slow because they want to handle refugees.

no CIC call center or MP's letter answer in this way , your CEC slow because Canada is focusing on refugees.

gss89x

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 15 2014
AOR Received.
December 05 2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
12-Jan-2016, Ecas updated 22-Jan-2016 ( Upfront)
Passport Req..
14 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
30 March 2016
LANDED..........
12 April 2016
This article gives me little hope and it shows they are fully aware of application backlog from 2014. It also says they are working on it ( Obviously too slow). ::)

Part from the article:

Foremost among the forecasts made by CIC is that the total intake of economic immigrants to Canada through Express Entry is set to increase once the backlog of applications from 2014 has been cleared. This was first disclosed in a mid-year CIC report that was released in August, and was reiterated this month at the Immigration Law Summit.

http://www.cicnews.com/2015/11/important-updates-express-entry-selection-system-canadian-immigration-116607.html

andy103

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
gss89x said:
This article gives me little hope and it shows they are fully aware of application backlog from 2014. It also says they are working on it ( Obviously too slow). ::)

Part from the article:

Foremost among the forecasts made by CIC is that the total intake of economic immigrants to Canada through Express Entry is set to increase once the backlog of applications from 2014 has been cleared. This was first disclosed in a mid-year CIC report that was released in August, and was reiterated this month at the Immigration Law Summit.

http://www.cicnews.com/2015/11/important-updates-express-entry-selection-system-canadian-immigration-116607.html
if they know why the hell they aren't getting rid of the backlogs i blame the harper govt. for all this mayhem

andy103

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
CEC2014CEC said:
Hey Guys, I am new to this forum! Now this has become extremely annoying as EE are getting their PR's in less than 3 months over all - and we got stuck with no progress. Lets join our hands and reach out our Immigration Minister. I certainly noticed that no local MP's has the power to expedite our process. Guys plan a location where we can meet. I am in Toronto!

And the hell with BOWP is taking over months where people are getting frustrated over and over!

Please let us act now.
i wish i could come im not in toronto but i will help u in getting some people and you can visit the imm minister's office since they dont want to reply to emails. if i find someoone who wants to meet up i will redirect them to this thread hope that helps :)

leokumar007

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-08-19
AOR Received.
2014-12-11
File Transfer...
2015-01-01
Med's Done....
2015-08-27
Passport Req..
2016-03-01
VISA ISSUED...
2016-03-15
LANDED..........
2016-03-20
Hello guys,

I have heard from my friends who have applied under EE, that theirs also slowed down reason owing to 2014 applications being processed. Even though my friends have Canadian experience (>2 years), they are not being processed under EE-CEC rather processing under EE-FSW. So I am not too sure what exactly CIC is doing.

andy103

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
leokumar007 said:
Hello guys,

I have heard from my friends who have applied under EE, that theirs also slowed down reason owing to 2014 applications being processed. Even though my friends have Canadian experience (>2 years), they are not being processed under EE-CEC rather processing under EE-FSW. So I am not too sure what exactly CIC is doing.
should this be considered positive if this is the case it should be good

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
leokumar007 said:
Hello guys,

People who are eligible for both FSW and CEC are by default processed under FSW by CIC.

That is why, if a person is eligible under both FSW and CEC, it is prudent to mention the settlement funds as "CAD 0". This disqualifies the applicant for applying under FSW and hence S/he will be processed under CEC. :)

andy103

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
People who are eligible for both FSW and CEC are by default processed under FSW by CIC.

That is why, it is prudent to mention the settlement funds as "CAD 0". This disqualifies the applicant for applying under FSW and hence S/he will be processed under CEC. :)
can you explain this settlement things a little more i didnt get you ???

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
andy103 said:
can you explain this settlement things a little more i didnt get you ???
I was talking about the scenario in Express Entry. You must demonstrate you have unfettered access to settlement funds to support yourself initially in Canada.

You are exempt from this requirement if you have a LMIA backed job offer OR if you are currently working in Canada and are applying under CEC. A person who wishes to apply under FSW MUST show these settlement funds.

If a person is eligible under both FSW and CEC, by default, CIC will process their application under FSW only. BUT, if the person inputs 0 CAD in the settlement funds field, then he is automatically disqualified under FSW and hence it his/her application will be processed under CEC category.

Understood?