+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Application Rejected - What are my options?

Jan 11, 2023
Sorry to hear about that and after such a long wait. Did you call IRCC at any point to find out the status or order gcms? Asking to guide us/others for the future to see if we could address issues earlier
Sorry, when I said aug 21 Aor I meant august 21st 2022. So it was processed in 6 months. No, I didn’t call IRCC or order gcms.

Jan 11, 2023
Sorry to hear that, did your job experience letter include the main duties listed on the NOC? Just trying to learn what may have caused the refusal
No, it only had a one sentence general description of my duties. I had submitted an affidavit along with the application stating that this is the letter the company provided and additionally stating the exact duties I performed. I guess they didn’t accept the affidavit. It was my rcic’s advice.

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
No, it only had a one sentence general description of my duties. I had submitted an affidavit along with the application stating that this is the letter the company provided and additionally stating the exact duties I performed. I guess they didn’t accept the affidavit. It was my rcic’s advice.
Ahh that really sucked, sounds like you tried to resolve the issue beforehand and they didn’t accept it. Maybe get a supervisor or collegue to submit an additional personal reference letter as supporting evidence in your next application or something

Jan 11, 2023
Ahh that really sucked, sounds like you tried to resolve the issue beforehand and they didn’t accept it. Maybe get a supervisor or collegue to submit an additional personal reference letter as supporting evidence in your next application or something
Yeah, actually I have other foreign experience and my score’s still high, so I’m planning to reapply and just exclude this particular job. I should still have enough points to be above the cut off for next draw. Just hoping another draw happens and that they don’t switch to occupation based draws by then.

Reactions: cz999

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019
Hi, my cec inland application was rejected today as well. AOR Aug 21. It was because my foreign work experience didn’t sufficiently match my NOC code (2171). I will have to reapply. This is such a big disappointment.
Really sorry to hear that. I have a similar concern.

By "because my foreign work experience didn’t sufficiently match my NOC code (2171)", do you mean it doesn't match your primary NOC code in EE profile, or it doesn't match the NOC code of that particular work exp?

I am assuming your primary NOC code is different from that of that particular work exp.

If they are the same, please ignore my question.

Jan 11, 2023
Really sorry to hear that. I have a similar concern.

By "because my foreign work experience didn’t sufficiently match my NOC code (2171)", do you mean it doesn't match your primary NOC code in EE profile, or it doesn't match the NOC code of that particular work exp?

I am assuming your primary NOC code is different from that of that particular work exp.

If they are the same, please ignore my question.
Sorry, I should have been clearer. Yes my primary NOC is different from this particular work exp.

What I meant was: the responsibilities outlined in the NOC 2171 did not match the contents of my experience letter submitted for that particular job.

It’s because I got the work exp letter from a portal - this is a big, Fortune 10 company so as you can imagine they will not provide personalised letters. The letter only had one general single sentence statement about my job duties.

I attached an affidavit explaining this and outlining my actual duties (which was aligned with the NOC) but my rejection letter stated the officer thought the probability of me working in that NOC was unlikely.

In my opinion, it was unfair. However, this system is inconsistent and non-transparent, so I’m not surprised. Makes me wonder what exactly I spent so much money and time for… doing an MBA in Canada to be rejected on a technicality like this.

Just moving forward with whatever I can do to remedy the situation and hoping my future application is handled by more competent officers.

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019
Sorry, I should have been clearer. Yes my primary NOC is different from this particular work exp.

What I meant was: the responsibilities outlined in the NOC 2171 did not match the contents of my experience letter submitted for that particular job.

It’s because I got the work exp letter from a portal - this is a big, Fortune 10 company so as you can imagine they will not provide personalised letters. The letter only had one general single sentence statement about my job duties.

I attached an affidavit explaining this and outlining my actual duties (which was aligned with the NOC) but my rejection letter stated the officer thought the probability of me working in that NOC was unlikely.

In my opinion, it was unfair. However, this system is inconsistent and non-transparent, so I’m not surprised. Makes me wonder what exactly I spent so much money and time for… doing an MBA in Canada to be rejected on a technicality like this.

Just moving forward with whatever I can do to remedy the situation and hoping my future application is handled by more competent officers.
Sorry to hear that.

I do think you should appeal for it.

If your foreign education, age etc. all match the work exp, the officer's suspicion is baseless.

Besides, did you list this work exp when you applied for a study permit before coming to Canada?
If yes, that is another reason to consider it authentic.

I also don't understand why the officer didn't even give you a chance to explain it and provide more evidence.

Jan 11, 2023
Sorry to hear that.

I do think you should appeal for it.

If your foreign education, age etc. all match the work exp, the officer's suspicion is baseless.

Besides, did you list this work exp when you applied for a study permit before coming to Canada?
If yes, that is another reason to consider it authentic.

I also don't understand why the officer didn't even give you a chance to explain it and provide more evidence.
Yes, I listed it in my study permit application, pgwp, and inland TRV applications. It’s bizarre.

I’m not going to appeal, I’m just going to apply again. I also have the option to apply for spousal sponsorship, which I’m going to do as a back up. Hopefully something clicks or I at least have some way to extend my work permit before the end of the year.

I’ll try to come back and update this thread so in the unfortunate event someone else goes through it, they would at least feel less alone

Jan 11, 2023
Yes, I listed it in my study permit application, pgwp, and inland TRV applications. It’s bizarre.

I’m not going to appeal, I’m just going to apply again. I also have the option to apply for spousal sponsorship, which I’m going to do as a back up. Hopefully something clicks or I at least have some way to extend my work permit before the end of the year.

I’ll try to come back and update this thread so in the unfortunate event someone else goes through it, they would at least feel less alone
Wanted to provide an update: I applied again as was selected under FSW this time on Feb 2nd. My PR was processed and approved in 26 days!! I’m so grateful and feel really lucky that I had a second chance to apply and get PR. This time, I left out all foreign work experience from work history (featured it in personal history instead) and applied only by claiming points for Canadian work experience.

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Wanted to provide an update: I applied again as was selected under FSW this time on Feb 2nd. My PR was processed and approved in 26 days!! I’m so grateful and feel really lucky that I had a second chance to apply and get PR. This time, I left out all foreign work experience from work history (featured it in personal history instead) and applied only by claiming points for Canadian work experience.
Congratulations! You deserve it!!!!

Yes, I feel like adding foreign work experience only prolongs the process. I wish I hadn't claimed my foreign work experience and just waited for an ITA with a lesser score (my ITA was in September, 2022) and it's been 5 months since I got AOR. Hopefully, if they reject me, they'll let me know soon so I can get back to the pool and not claiming the foreign work experience.

(One complication is that I didn't mention this job in my study visa, I mentioned it in my PGWP and TRV though)