+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC APPLICANTS - Nov 2020 *JOIN HERE *

Jheez

Feb 19, 2021
Could someone tell me how can we check status online or talk to ircc for current update ?
Try calling around 8am on weekdays and speak to an agent or else ask for call back option and they normally call back in half an hour. online updates these days are not real time, there is no change on my file online since Dec 2020 but I check every few days and the agent lets me know the progress.

dirgh02

Aug 23, 2016
[
Hello @legalfalcon
I read on some other thread about travel history, as I did flag polling for my work permit and I crossed border 3 or 4 times in a span of a week at niagra falls, and I didn’t mention that on my travel history, will it cause any problem, if so shall I raise web form and attach my I94 log with LOE,
Below is my status which I got when I called IRCC
AOR Nov 24
Medical- Passed
Biometric- Exempt
Info sharing- In progress (Since last 3 months)
Eligibility- Recommended Pass
Criminality- Passed
Security- Not started

please help @legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
[
Hello @legalfalcon
I read on some other thread about travel history, as I did flag polling for my work permit and I crossed border 3 or 4 times in a span of a week at niagra falls, and I didn’t mention that on my travel history, will it cause any problem, if so shall I raise web form and attach my I94 log with LOE,
Below is my status which I got when I called IRCC
AOR Nov 24
Medical- Passed
Biometric- Exempt
Info sharing- In progress (Since last 3 months)
Eligibility- Recommended Pass
Criminality- Passed
Security- Not started

please help @legalfalcon
Did you enter the US or did you just return from the US border.

First off there is no such thing known as flagpole. When you went to the US border but turned around, you simply withdrew your application to enter, and thus there was no refusal. This is called administrative refusal, where the person withdraws their application to enter.

An administrative refusal is you withdrawing your application to enter US. It is not a visa denial and neither is it a refusal. Also, you were not fingerprinted, nor were you subject to admission examination.

A US visa refusal, even if it happens, has no impact on your Canadian PR, unless you committed a crime, an immigration fraud etc. Since you did not enter the US, you do not have to enter it in your travel history.

dirgh02

Aug 23, 2016
Did you enter the US or did you just return from the US border.

First off there is no such thing known as flagpole. When you went to the US border but turned around, you simply withdrew your application to enter, and thus there was no refusal. This is called administrative refusal, where the person withdraws their application to enter.

An administrative refusal is you withdrawing your application to enter US. It is not a visa denial and neither is it a refusal. Also, you were not fingerprinted, nor were you subject to admission examination.

A US visa refusal, even if it happens, has no impact on your Canadian PR, unless you committed a crime, an immigration fraud etc. Since you did not enter the US, you do not have to enter it in your travel history.
I did not enter USA I just turned around at the border.
Thanks a lot for your prompt response @legalfalcon

Reactions: legalfalcon

GV27

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Hello everyone,
Has anyone ever got any ghost updates on weekend midnights? I got it at 11.45pm on Saturday night (yesterday). Just wondering if it’s application update or a system update on website or so.?

Reactions: Augustiner

Augustiner

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
I've got the same thing, I guess it is the system. I saw the GU "profile updated" but had difficult time to go inside when click view the application. Thank you for asking because it is my question also. Now I know it is not just me. I am about to call them tomorrow but I guess not then.

GV27

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
I've got the same thing, I guess it is the system. I saw the GU "profile updated" but had difficult time to go inside when click view the application. Thank you for asking because it is my question also. Now I know it is not just me. I am about to call them tomorrow but I guess not then.
Oh! Thanks for your reply. Even I was thinking to call, but now I guess it’s for others too. Might be a system update then.

royab1993

Mar 18, 2021
Congrats @royab1993 Is there any other e-mail saying your application is approved or something you received before COPR email ?
Thanks, I got two emails at the same time, one from cic, saying we sent you a message....
and the other one from CIC-Ottawa -Immigration sending the Pr letter.

I talked to an agent on Friday to update my address and said that I have passed everything and should wait for the emails.