+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - 12 months or 1560 hrs

divya321

Oct 18, 2014
I am a student from Ontario who moved to Sakatoon in October after completing my one year of dipoma from centennial college and is now doing a job that comes under NOC B . I am currently on my work permit which expires in first week of OCTOBER,2015. I just wanted to know that to be eligible for canadian experience class, do I have to work full 12 months or I just have to complete 1560 hrs which I am hoping to complete by june end by doing overtime and 40 hrs a week? Moreover, going through a LMIA is a fast and better option or through Saskatchewan express entry sub category?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

divya321 said:
I am a student from Ontario who moved to Sakatoon in October after completing my one year of dipoma from centennial college and is now doing a job that comes under NOC B . I am currently on my work permit which expires in first week of OCTOBER,2015. I just wanted to know that to be eligible for canadian experience class, do I have to work full 12 months or I just have to complete 1560 hrs which I am hoping to complete by june end by doing overtime and 40 hrs a week? Moreover, going through a LMIA is a fast and better option or through Saskatchewan express entry sub category?
1. You have to work a full 12 months.
2, LMIA aren't fast, and difficult to obtain.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
you won't qualify for CEC without at least one full year of full-time skilled work experience (or the equivalent in part-time experience). You also need at least one year of full-time continuous skilled experience (in Canada or elsewhere) to qualify for express entry.

You might want to look into the Saskatchewan PNP -
http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/saskatchewan-experience

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
divya321 said:
Yes - you do have to work 12 full months despite working over 1560 hours.

divya321

Oct 18, 2014
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. So under these conditions what is the best option for me? Can my employer get my work permit extended? please advice me on this..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

divya321 said:
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. So under these conditions what is the best option for me? Can my employer get my work permit extended? please advice me on this..
1. After advertising the position for 4 weeks, plus keeping the advertisement active, your employer would have to apply for LMIA.

scoot

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
A guy at my work applied after working for only 10 months,on top of that he had 4 weeks holiday outside of Canada in that year,somehow he managed to picked for EE,I'm waiting to see if they pick up the difference.