+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBC is taking side of international students and TFW, EXPRESS ENTRY FLawed!

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
RamsayBolton said:
Who are they? who are begging for additional points? who only has diploma? I'm talking about international students with bachelor degree who don't have enough time to land a good job in their first year after graduating. I'm talking about people who are already here in Canada, and already working fulltime and paying taxes for more than 1 year.
What I'm trying to outline is that PGWP is 3 year WP. Don't you think that 1 year is more than enough to find a job to gain 2-year experience? If postgrad fails to find a job in one year, why the heck (s)he should have an advantage over those who has a diploma issued by foreign institution?

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Basically, I can't understand why those who spend parents' money on education in Canada should have any additional points. They get PGWP - it's a good opportunity to gain +50 points. If they can't get 2 year Canadian experience out of 3 years - they're not competitive on Canadian job market.

Alpha4906

Jul 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anarsoul said:
So, they aren't able to find a job and they wasted their possibility to gain +50 points. And now they're begging additional points based only on the fact that they've got Canadian diploma. Could you explain once again how come they are better than outland candidates?
Hello Friends,

I am not sure why we are arguing on this topic that who is better? I'll not say that giving immigration to outlanders is bad but I'll say that Govt. must think about international students.

I also came here as international student. My application is already in process under EE.

When international student come here they pay lot of fee for that. Once they are here they do studies full time and work in the over night shifts as labourer etc. Some students pay there fee by loans which they have to return after studies.

I am not saying that they are better than anybody else but by the time they are done with there studies and work permit period. They are already use too to the living style here and it is hard to go back to the home country. Which becomes same as they came here because they have to start everything from the scratch.

One more think if Govt. have to change the rules. They must change it after certain date as future student will be aware of that what they have to do in order to get the immigration as every student is not enrolled in 2 year program to get 3 year work permit.

Last thing that compare the person "who paid school fee and the person who is paying just processing fee for application".

I think majority of students came here to settle not to go back.

Thank you

Alpha4906

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Hi Alpha4906,

Alpha4906 said:
I also came here as international student. My application is already in process under EE.
Exactly. So you took your opportunity and got points for Canadian experience. Good for you!

When international student come here they pay lot of fee for that. Once they are here they do studies full time and work in the over night shifts as labourer etc. Some students pay there fee by loans which they have to return after studies.
Well, I used to work part-time while studying. 6-8hr of studies + 4-6hr of work 6 days a week. Many students do the same in my home country. Why people like me don't get any additional points?

I am not saying that they are better than anybody else but by the time they are done with there studies and work permit period. They are already use too to the living style here and it is hard to go back to the home country. Which becomes same as they came here because they have to start everything from the scratch.

One more think if Govt. have to change the rules. They must change it after certain date as future student will be aware of that what they have to do in order to get the immigration as every student is not enrolled in 2 year program to get 3 year work permit.

Last thing that compare the person "who paid school fee and the person who is paying just processing fee for application".

I think majority of students came here to settle not to go back.
Studying in Canada is not a way to immigrate.

Alpha4906

Jul 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anarsoul said:
Hi Alpha4906,

Exactly. So you took your opportunity and got points for Canadian experience. Good for you!

Well, I used to work part-time while studying. 6-8hr of studies + 4-6hr of work 6 days a week. Many students do the same in my home country. Why people like me don't get any additional points?

Hi anarsoul,

Thank you for your response. So what do you think what should be done with international student? Please consider previous CEC rules.

Regards

Alpha4906

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Alpha4906 said:
Hi anarsoul,

Thank you for your response. So what do you think what should be done with international student? Please consider previous CEC rules.

Regards

Alpha4906
Nothing. PGWP is enough.

RamsayBolton

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anarsoul said:
Hi Alpha4906,

Are you implying that all international students here in Canada just spend all their parents money and don't have to work hard? my friends and I, we all had to work part-time as waiters, painter or landscaper to help our parents with the tuition, rent and other bills. It's not a dream here in Canada. You are not the only one that have to work hard.

Speaking of finding a job, international undergrads have to compete not only with other grads with but also with native people. You keep saying that everyone should be able to find a job in their first year after graduate, but based on that logic, then there will be absolutely no such thing called unemployment in Canada. If even native white Canadians have hard time finding job, then it's twice as hard for an international undergrad. There are also other factors as a company goes bankrupt, or oil prices fall (as in Alberta where they cut thousands of jobs).

Studying in Canada is not and should not be seen as a way to immigrate, but studying in Canada can be recognized as a first investment and an intention to stay in Canada. We are here to contribute to Canadian economy since the very first day we set foot on it.

seab

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
The degree of difficulty associated with find a skilled job after graduation has remained unchanged since the new program started. The big cities are very competitive and you can't blame Canada for giving Canadians preference for jobs.
There are many skilled jobs in smaller communities across the country. I took a high paying job in a small town (two hours north of Edmonton ) in order to get my work experience. I know this example is extreme and not everyone can afford to pick up and move across the country but it is a valid option for many international students that are looking for work. Once I got my experience I returned to Toronto and successfully became a PR.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
vicksandhu said:
"There should be a way to recognize [work experience] in the system by assigning more points to individuals who are working here and studying here," he said. "That's where Express Entry is failing."
They give credit for work permits. If they gave credit for study permits, anyone who wanted to immigrate could simply be a student. Work permits are competitive, and study permits are not.

Why bother having an immigration system if it's easy to bypass it?

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
RamsayBolton said:
Why is it flawed? Why does Canadian government have to prioritize outland applicants?
They don't. They prioritize good applicants. There are way more people outland than inland, so all things being equal, the outlanders are going to be more qualified. Students tend to be less established in their careers, as well.

while they already have all those good educated and already paying taxes international graduates in the country already.
The students use services, and those services are paid for with taxes. Why should you get credit for paying for what you use? It would be different if it was like the US (which taxes nonresidents), but the taxes you pay help pay for the roads you drive on, the medical care you use, and so on.

Remember, the Canadian government doesn't have to spend a single dollar to train, to educate, to take care of housing or to provide any benefits for us international students.
Nor do they have to spend a single dollar to train, to educate, to take care of housing, or provide benefits for many of the outlanders, either. There are some costs to processing the PR application itself, but that applies to inlanders, and the fee now covers it.

We came here on our own, worked our asses off four years of college, and found a job in a completely new country.
Your degree is more likely to be honest, and your job is easier to verify, so in that sense it makes sense to give more weight. Students, however, tend not to have unique skills, so they end up taking jobs from Canadians. Why should they be rewarded for that.

You paid for a degree, you worked for a degree, you earned a degree. People getting what they pay for doesn't make them better people, nor is it a reason for special consideration.

Not every international students can max out the IELTS test and achieve 2 years working Canadian experience before their PGWP expired, so the new system indeed only selects the best candidate both inland and outland.
That's a good thing. Speaking as someone who was an international student, many of the people I go to school with have very poor language skills and adaptation. Many are in programs that are not academically challenging, as they just want a degree to get the work permit. It would be absurd for Canada to turn away a qualified, educated, skilled job creator from overseas in order to give the slot to someone who can barely speak English, and who will be taking a job from a Canadian in an already challenging market.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
Alpha4906 said:
Follow the rules, and send them home.

When students get their study permit, they are investigated. They need proof of funds to show they will not be a burden, and ties to their home country to ensure they will leave when their studies conclude.

It's right there on the study permit - "Must leave Canada by [Date]".

Study permits are a temporary program to let you get an education - anything else is an extra bonus. You pay for college, you go to college, you do the work, you get a degree. That's all that is promised, and all that one can rightfully demand.

tejasmhaskar

Nov 15, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
The strategy for outland applicants should be as follows:
Get a Masters/PhD
Be awesome in your field with 3+ years of relevant experience
Cracking the IELTS should be least of the worries for anyone who intends to settle down in North America
You cant do much about your age :)
With all of this in your hand, you ll probably cross 470 (if you are single)
Looking at the recent two draws, it seems to me that CIC wants to fast track those apps who opt for PNP ($1500 additional revenue for the provinces). Thats a no-brainer.

I saw a couple of idiotic statements from some folks in this thread. Its hard to believe that people with a Canadian diploma (not even a grad degree) feel that they deserve the best. From my personal experience, I can safely say that American and Canadian job market is highly competitive. People with MSc and PhD cant land a job right away (and these are the smart ones). Why do international students with just a two year diploma from a Tier II college (not even a Univ) feel that they deserve a job right away? I think I am missing something out here!

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
tejasmhaskar said:
Why do international students with just a two year diploma from a Tier II college (not even a Univ) feel that they deserve a job right away? I think I am missing something out here!
Exactly.

If you aren't someone with very good educational credentials, then you need to either find a province you can be an asset to (PNP), or a job that needs you and can't find Canadians (LMIA).

It's supposed to be competitive, and even with CEC, candidates will do best if they have strong educational credentials.