+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't upload a valid IMM5708 to extend my visa

FK2014

Dec 10, 2014
Hi,

I have a working holiday visa valid from 20.05.2014-20.05.2015 and I would like to extend my stay but change my visa status from working holiday to tourist. Because as a German citizen I should be able to stay as a tourist, if I can prove to pay my expenses.

So I applied to extend my stay.
But my problem, I can't upload document IMM5708E (Version 06/2014)

I tried it with Fire Fox and got an error message "You have not completed the mandatory fields or you have not completed them correctly. Error description Document is not a valid .pdf"

I also tried it with Internet Explorer and got a little bit more information.

"You have not completed the mandatory fields or you have not completed them correctly. Error description Your status epiry date in the answer you provided previously does not correspond to the Restoration in your form."

The question in IMM5708E is - I am applying for one or more of the following:
1 extension of my temporary resident status
2 restoration of temporary status as a visitor
3 initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

Because I will stay longer as a visitor not as a worker I choose number 2 and answered the following question how long my visa is valid with "from 20.05.2014 to 20.05.2015'. Later I have to answer 'Indicate how long you plan to stay in Canada' I answered, because I would like to stay longer 'from 20.05.2015 to 30.09.2015'. But if I upload the document I get the error above.

I tried to answer my planned stay in Canada with my completed stay from 20.05.2014 to 30.09.2015, but I am only allowed to take a date from today or in the future.

As I choose question number 1 it ends up the same. So I have really no idea what is wrong and who I can ask for help. Because MyCIC answwers only for technical support and even if they will answer me it can take some weeks.

I hope someone out here can help me or even give me an advice who could.

Thank you very much in advance for everything!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Re: Can't upload IMM5708 and find my mistake

FK2014 said:
"You have not completed the mandatory fields or you have not completed them correctly. Error description Your status epiry date in the answer you provided previously does not correspond to the Restoration in your form."

The question in IMM5708E is - I am applying for one or more of the following:
1 extension of my temporary resident status
2 restoration of temporary status as a visitor
3 initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

"#2 - restoration" is not correct - restoration means your permit has already expired and you have to pay extra to restore your status along with the new permit.
The difference between 1 and 3 - you got me...

Later I have to answer 'Indicate how long you plan to stay in Canada' I answered, because I would like to stay longer 'from 20.05.2015 to 30.09.2015'.

Once you fix the first problem, this should be OK.

You won't be able to upload it if you don't validate it...

FK2014

Dec 10, 2014

Hi jes_ON

thank you for the answer, I tried it with number 1 and I get the same error. Something has to be wring with the date of my visa or the date I like to stay in Canada but I dont know. The error also sad my document isn´t valid. But after I validat the document it shows me that it is valid in the right upper corner. So I feel competly helpless, because is doesn´t make any sens I think.

FK2014

Dec 10, 2014

I tried it today a couple times but the error is the same.
What I don´t understand is, my document is valid. I can see it in the right upper corner and I also have the last page which only creats them self if the document is valid that you can see the barcode.
So why does the website try to tell me this document isn´t valid?

All my other documents are uplloaded.

I will fly to Haida Gwaii on the 30th and from there it will be a real pain, try to fix this application thing, because I don´t have often Wifi.

Thank you for every idea. The things I could find here in the Forum doesn´t work, Fire Fox, Internet Explorer, Adobe update.