+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't my dad be my sponsor instead of my husband??

Yazan283

Mar 12, 2019
Hello dears
Could some one clarify my status because I am really lost and I need help.
I am married and have one baby 1 year and half, I applied for a PS 2 years diploma with a co-op while I have a bachelor degree from UAE. I got accepted at Fanshawe University. Now I want to apply for the study visa.,my program will begin at September 2019.
My mom will come with me to take care of the baby at the beginning untill i send him to the daycare. My husband will not come with me at the beginning. he will come later to look for a job.
My questions are :
* my dad will be my sponsor not my husband as he is not settled and his bank statement is not strong enough to submit it so my dad will be my sponsor,, and I've heard that this will be a reason to be refused !!!! What can I do??!!
* I have a bachelor degree as I mentioned above, this point also can be my weakness point !!
I will be grateful if any one how I can submit a strong application and not having any weakness points?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello dears
Could some one clarify my status because I am really lost and I need help.
I am married and have one baby 1 year and half, I applied for a PS 2 years diploma with a co-op while I have a bachelor degree from UAE. I got accepted at Fanshawe University. Now I want to apply for the study visa.,my program will begin at September 2019.
My mom will come with me to take care of the baby at the beginning untill i send him to the daycare. My husband will not come with me at the beginning. he will come later to look for a job.
My questions are :
* my dad will be my sponsor not my husband as he is not settled and his bank statement is not strong enough to submit it so my dad will be my sponsor,, and I've heard that this will be a reason to be refused !!!! What can I do??!!
* I have a bachelor degree as I mentioned above, this point also can be my weakness point !!
I will be grateful if any one how I can submit a strong application and not having any weakness points?
Yes - your father can be your sponsor. It would be better if your husband and you had the funds yourself - but still possible to use your father as the sponsor.

Your mother cannot come to Canada to take care of the baby. This will be classified as working which is illegal for her to do as a visitor to Canada. You will need to make arrangements to place your baby in daycare from the start of your classes.

Yazan283

Mar 12, 2019
Yes - your father can be your sponsor. It would be better if your husband and you had the funds yourself - but still possible to use your father as the sponsor.

Your mother cannot come to Canada to take care of the baby. This will be classified as working which is illegal for her to do as a visitor to Canada. You will need to make arrangements to place your baby in daycare from the start of your classes.
And what about my degree issues . Is there anything wrong with studying diploma while I have a bachelor degree.. I read before that " down step maybe can be a weakness point for my application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
And what about my degree issues . Is there anything wrong with studying diploma while I have a bachelor degree.. I read before that " down step maybe can be a weakness point for my application.
If it's a post graduate diploma (rather than a regular diploma) and if what you are going to be studying is related to your previous education and/or work experience - then you should be OK.

Yazan283

Mar 12, 2019
If it's a post graduate diploma (rather than a regular diploma) and if what you are going to be studying is related to your previous education and/or work experience - then you should be OK.
It is a post secondary diploma of 2 years and a co op . And yes it is strongly related to my major... This can be strong sop?? Can the officer be convinced by these things??