+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

cancelled as incomplete = refusal

lode

Apr 11, 2015
When applying for my express entry,
I forgot to upload my actual degree. Instead I uploaded the WES document. Yes, my mistake.

Now I reapply, in the personal history section, chapter statutory questions, there is now the heavy question:

"Has Lode xxxxxxxx ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"

So "cancelled as incomplete" does this count as a "refusal"?
If so, should I add a letter stating the reason why. It all seems so heavy. But I am paranoid now!

Thanks for answering!

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so far as i understand it, if the application package was incomplete, then it didn't go into processing. Therefore it was returned before work was done on it and you don't need to mention it.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lode said:
When applying for my express entry,
I forgot to upload my actual degree. Instead I uploaded the WES document. Yes, my mistake.

Now I reapply, in the personal history section, chapter statutory questions, there is now the heavy question:

"Has Lode xxxxxxxx ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"

So "cancelled as incomplete" does this count as a "refusal"?
If so, should I add a letter stating the reason why. It all seems so heavy. But I am paranoid now!

Thanks for answering!
The above post is incorrect. Cancelled as incomplete means you were refused therefore you should say yes. You were refused as a result of incomplete documentation.

lode

Apr 11, 2015
Re: cancelled as incomplete = refusal

Well, at least I see my confusion was not too abnormal:)

Anya654 I follow your reasoning, and will follow your advice.

Thank you very much!

rafaduha

Oct 5, 2017
Hi Ioda,

How did that work for you?

Cheers
Re: cancelled as incomplete = refusal

Well, at least I see my confusion was not too abnormal:)

Anya654 I follow your reasoning, and will follow your advice.

Thank you very much!

ShadowUU

Jun 19, 2018
Did you finally answer yes or no? Please reply because I am in the same situation at the moment.

Thank you