+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Casablanca93

Star Member
Dec 23, 2018
Hey guys this is so frustrating , they got my application on June 11, cc was charged 4 business day later , now it’s been more than 20 business day and my application still under review , by the way I got on June 26 my documents back which they stated my application has been mailed already , now I need to travel for urgency , anybody knows what should I do ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey guys this is so frustrating , they got my application on June 11, cc was charged 4 business day later , now it’s been more than 20 business day and my application still under review , by the way I got on June 26 my documents back which they stated my application has been mailed already , now I need to travel for urgency , anybody knows what should I do ?
You can call and request for urgent processing based on your travel.

lennxi

Aug 7, 2024
have you got it?

lennxi

Aug 7, 2024
I sent my passport application through mail on 27th Jun'2024, and the application was Delivered on 3rd Jul'2024. My credit card got charged today on 10th Jul'2024 however, when I checked online and tried to retrieve the Reference number to check the status as I didn't receive any email or reference number but no luck?
is it normal that credit card got charged but not able to find my application status online?
have you got it by now?

jiaojidengdai

Dec 23, 2021
Can someone share the recent timeline? My application was received on July 3rd. CC was charged on July 9. Since July 9, the status has remained as "We have received your application and are now reviewing it" It, Never changed until now. Is this normal?

lennxi

Aug 7, 2024
Can someone share the recent timeline? My application was received on July 3rd. CC was charged on July 9. Since July 9, the status has remained as "We have received your application and are now reviewing it" It, Never changed until now. Is this normal?
If this is your first application it might take much longer

jiaojidengdai

Dec 23, 2021
Thank you for your reply. Yes, This is my first application! I see the standard time is 20 business days, but mine has already exceeded 25 business days. I don't know how much longer I will have to wait!

If this is your first application it might take much longer

IPULL

May 30, 2023
Hi everyone, I have applied by mail in July. According to Canada Post it was delivered on the 11th. End of July they have sent only my e-certificate back and a file number? Nothing since then :(

lennxi

Aug 7, 2024
Hi everyone, I have applied by mail in July. According to Canada Post it was delivered on the 11th. End of July they have sent only my e-certificate back and a file number? Nothing since then :(
I applied in mid June and still nothing. So good luck but keep us posted if you hear anything please!

nom123

Jun 10, 2018
Here is my timeline for my new born passport application by mail:
July 04 2024: Application received at their office
July 10 2024: CC was charged
August 13 2024: Passport received

arubio92

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Here is my timeline for my new born passport application by mail:
July 04 2024: Application received at their office
July 10 2024: CC was charged
August 13 2024: Passport received
Did you receive any update on the passport tracker?
They received my documents on the 19th of july and I haven't got any update or received the passport. They did send my canadian citizenship certificate back on the 31st of july I picked it up

IPULL

May 30, 2023
Did you receive any update on the passport tracker?
They received my documents on the 19th of july and I haven't got any update or received the passport. They did send my canadian citizenship certificate back on the 31st of july I picked it up
I had the same timeline as you, my tracker never changed. Therefore I went in person to Service Canada and within 2 days I received my passport.