+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizens By Birth Sponsoring a Partner Thread.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hello forum members,

Could you please share your timeline if you are a Canadian by birth and sponsoring your partner. This is in no way to discriminate about other status you might have in Canada, I think it would be nice to hear about how applications are treated if you are a born Canadian. Are applications processed faster? Are they much easier approved? Were you denied sponsoring a partner? Thx

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
They are not faster. Being a citizen by brth has no bearing on an application. Period. Ppl are denied for various reasons citizen or not

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello forum members,

Could you please share your timeline if you are a Canadian by birth and sponsoring your partner. This is in no way to discriminate about other status you might have in Canada, I think it would be nice to hear about how applications are treated if you are a born Canadian. Are applications processed faster? Are they much easier approved? Were you denied sponsoring a partner? Thx
As said above, no difference. All applications are treated the same.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
As said above, no difference. All applications are treated the same.
Agreed 70%... I think it would be nice to hear from Canadians by birth and see how their applications are going? You guys say that applications are all treated equal? How would you know this? Do you have 100% proof they are?

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Agreed 70%... I think it would be nice to hear from Canadians by birth and see how their applications are going? You guys say that applications are all treated equal? How would you know this? Do you have 100% proof they are?
I AM canadian by birth. My processing took over a year. VERY straight forward case. Point being is that being born canadian or not all apps are treated the SAME

Reactions: StephanH

Rockhound

May 14, 2019
I agree with the others, Canadian by birth experiences no faster treatment. I have been lurking on the forum for a while and the only thing that may make a difference for some, is the Visa Office which processes the application, once it is transferred from Sydney. If your case gets sent to CPC-M (Mississauga), you MAY experience a faster decision. That seems to hold true for this Case Processing Center. NDVO (NewDelhi Visa Office)for the Indian PAs seems to be fairly expedient too. From what I have seen from the 2018 spreadsheet is that those that get transferred to MVO (Manila Visa Office) are taking 9-11 months. Some have been processed faster, but most are not, it would seem.

I am a January applicant and my wife is also Filipina. Our file was transferred to MVO in mid March. Medicals and Biometrics are complete as well as ADR (additional document request) of an AOM (Advisory of Marriage)from PSA and a foreign Police certificate since my wife worked in the Middle East in the past. Both were submitted and Pre arrival email was received at the end of April. No further updates since and given the previous applicants timelines at MVO, I suspect no further updates until September or October unfortunately.

Reactions: StephanH and scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You are hearing from Canadians by birth. I am Canadian by birth. My process (husband's application) was no faster than others who were PRs or naturalized Canadians at the time the application was processed. Application was very straight forward - husband was American.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
I agree with the others, Canadian by birth experiences no faster treatment. I have been lurking on the forum for a while and the only thing that may make a difference for some, is the Visa Office which processes the application, once it is transferred from Sydney. If your case gets sent to CPC-M (Mississauga), you MAY experience a faster decision. That seems to hold true for this Case Processing Center. NDVO (NewDelhi Visa Office)for the Indian PAs seems to be fairly expedient too. From what I have seen from the 2018 spreadsheet is that those that get transferred to MVO (Manila Visa Office) are taking 9-11 months. Some have been processed faster, but most are not, it would seem.

I am a January applicant and my wife is also Filipina. Our file was transferred to MVO in mid March. Medicals and Biometrics are complete as well as ADR (additional document request) of an AOM (Advisory of Marriage)from PSA and a foreign Police certificate since my wife worked in the Middle East in the past. Both were submitted and Pre arrival email was received at the end of April. No further updates since and given the previous applicants timelines at MVO, I suspect no further updates until September or October unfortunately.
They did not require an interview? and are you using a representative? I know a Canadian that married in Feb/Mar 2019, went back to Canada and returned 2 weeks ago. He completed his application with an agent here in Cebu back in March, and his wife already got her Bio/Med done. no interview... that was quite fast considering we are in May. I'm not sure if it was sent to MVO. I will ask him next time.

Samantha F

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
My husband is a Canadian by birth, and not only did our May application take a bit on the longer side, but they also sent it back to us due to a missing signature.

We know of another couple who did their application in March (same situation, husband natural born Canadian, wife from the US like me.) Not only was theirs faster, but they received their AOR, biometrics request, etc. all while forgetting to put the exact same handwritten signature down.

Being a natural born Canadian doesn't seem to have anything to do with it from our experience. It's just all based on the office your application goes to, and a lucky dice roll on which officer you get.

Rockhound

May 14, 2019
They did not require an interview? and are you using a representative? I know a Canadian that married in Feb/Mar 2019, went back to Canada and returned 2 weeks ago. He completed his application with an agent here in Cebu back in March, and his wife already got her Bio/Med done. no interview... that was quite fast considering we are in May. I'm not sure if it was sent to MVO. I will ask him next time.
I am a Canadian Citizen by birth and I am not using a representative. Currently MyCIC/GCKey states no interview required, but it could change. I am not too surprised that the people that you know had their medical done so fast. We applied early Jan and received AOR, SA, and Med request before the end of Feb. It is how expedient the officer in Sydney is, where the file gets transferred to, and how fast the officer in that office works. One applicant with a Filipina PA that also applied in early Jan had their case transferred to Mississauga and already has received their passport request and received their COPR. The rest of us that were transferred to MVO are all still waiting.

Reactions: StephanH

tdsw26

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Toronto, ON
Canadian by birth and it makes no difference, we are all in the same boat.

Most applications have medical done within 3 months of app rec'd date, it would seem. This is normal. After the medicals/biometrics, the real waiting starts.

Reactions: Sulwyn

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
I’m Canadian by birth and i’ve been waiting for 15 months. Nothing is special about my application.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
My husband is a Canadian by birth, and not only did our May application take a bit on the longer side, but they also sent it back to us due to a missing signature.

We know of another couple who did their application in March (same situation, husband natural born Canadian, wife from the US like me.) Not only was theirs faster, but they received their AOR, biometrics request, etc. all while forgetting to put the exact same handwritten signature down.

Being a natural born Canadian doesn't seem to have anything to do with it from our experience. It's just all based on the office your application goes to, and a lucky dice roll on which officer you get.
I’m Canadian by birth and i’ve been waiting for 15 months. Nothing is special about my application.
Still waiting? Why is it dragging so long?