+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Processing Pilot: TRV Processing time withing canada

arsipk

Nov 6, 2012
Hi,
I was international student and graduated in may 2012. Currently I am working full time and I have valid work permit until may 2015. I booked my ticket to back home for 18th december 2012. Because my visa was expired I applied for it on 27th september which was received by CPP on 1st october (canada immigration confirm they received my application on 1st oct). My question is simple. what are the odds of me receiving my passport back before 18 december 2012. Its really really urgent for me and I would really appreciate someones help on this. The processing time on CIC website is 97 days which to me is ridiculous. Is this 97 business days? although i am screwed in any case if this value is followed. Thanks

-Arsalan

ThreeSquareImm

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, this is 97 business days. Following the posted processing times online is your best option. It could be less, but I wouldn't count on it.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

arsipk said:
Hi,
I was international student and graduated in may 2012. Currently I am working full time and I have valid work permit until may 2015. I booked my ticket to back home for 18th december 2012. Because my visa was expired I applied for it on 27th september which was received by CPP on 1st october (canada immigration confirm they received my application on 1st oct). My question is simple. what are the odds of me receiving my passport back before 18 december 2012. Its really really urgent for me and I would really appreciate someones help on this. The processing time on CIC website is 97 days which to me is ridiculous. Is this 97 business days? although i am screwed in any case if this value is followed. Thanks

-Arsalan
I have no idea what you are looking at, since CIC hasn't posted the processing times for TRVs at CPP Ottawa. It is about 30 days.

arsipk

Nov 6, 2012
PMM said:
I have no idea what you are looking at, since CIC hasn't posted the processing times for TRVs at CPP Ottawa. It is about 30 days.
Hi,
Thank for your point. but i have a question. In the cic website under 'check application processing times. Isnt the 101 days processing time given for VISITORS also applicable for the TRVs at CPP ottawa.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

arsipk said:
Hi,
Thank for your point. but i have a question. In the cic website under 'check application processing times. Isnt the 101 days processing time given for VISITORS also applicable for the TRVs at CPP ottawa.
No, visitor applications go to Vegreville, TRV applications go to Ottawa.

och

Oct 27, 2012
Hello It takes about 21 days from when they receive it and when u get it back. The info on the website is misleading

arsipk

Nov 6, 2012
my application was received by cpp-ottawa on 1st october and its 20 november now, thats almost 50 days. I did not even received any call in case i missed any information. What really disappoints is the fact the cpp-ottawa office give no information at all regarding application status.

och

Oct 27, 2012
arsipk said:
my application was received by cpp-ottawa on 1st october and its 20 november now, thats almost 50 days. I did not even received any call in case i missed any information. What really disappoints is the fact the cpp-ottawa office give no information at all regarding application status.
Thats strange because I emailed them a couple of times and I got responses. I applied on the 27th of October and they gto my application on the 30th they issued my passport on the 16th of November. Try to email them.

arsipk

Nov 6, 2012
Thanx. I mailed them and right today i got reply that my visa is stamped and i will get my passport back shortly