+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR or UK HSMP?

tunnytox

Mar 27, 2009
I am really confused about what option to take, I am presently in the UK on HSMP visa and due to get permanent residence in 3 years time, meanwhile i have been notified by the CIC to submit updated information regarding my application. i am not sure if it worth the pain to leave UK for Canada as I appear to be settling fast here with my Family. Can someone share any similar experience with me please?, I will also welcome advise from other forumites. many thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are sure about not wanting to go to Canada anymore, you can cancel your application and at least get your landing fees back (if you'd paid them already). If you want to keep your options open, you can let the Canada application roll. When you get the PR visa, valid for one year from your date of medical, you can go to Canada and "land" just before it expires. Then go back to the UK. From the time you activate your PR status by landing in Canada, you have 3 years before you lose your status again so if things are not looking good for you in the UK, you can still go to Canada.

tunnytox

Mar 27, 2009
A million thanks for this advise, I never knew one may delay landing for up to 1 year, i thought I would have to leave for Canada in abt 3 months! after PR has been granted

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends on how long it takes them to issue the visa after medicals. You might have 8 or 10 months to land.

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
tunnytox,

Do you seriously think that you will get Permanent residency in UK in three years?

I Wont trust the Home office and UKBA, considering the fact that they change their Rules once a week.......

Shubra

Mar 7, 2009
Tunny,

Hey am planning to Apply for UK, its now Tier1 i hope, how is the IT in UK? can you please farward me the official website for UK immigration and few details if you dont mind?

Thanks.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shubra said:
Tunny,

Hey am planning to Apply for UK, its now Tier1 i hope, how is the IT in UK? can you please farward me the official website for UK immigration and few details if you dont mind?

Thanks.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/

tunnytox

Mar 27, 2009
Shubra, BobbyB has given you the right website, but be aware that UK are currently in deep recession, not many jobs are available now save only some few healthcare jobs. However, you may still try because no one can really tell. I wish you goodluck

AshaBindu

Apr 18, 2009
Hi,

Can any one of you help me in deciding between Canadian PR or HSMP Visa?

I am about to file the applications but not able to decide which one to choose.

Currently what is the situation in UK? Will I be able to get the Job there?
What is the effect on Canadian IT Industry?
If I apply now I will get the PR visa in about 6 to 8 months
Will that be ok if I opt for Canadian PR Visa?

What to choose? Please help me

Thanks in advance

Asha Bindu

tunnytox

Mar 27, 2009
AshaBindu

To be honest I find it diificult to advice you on which country to choose, but what I know is that
1. The UK tier 1 will be processed much faster than a Candian PR
2. There is no guarantee of you getting jobs now in the UK due to recession except probably if you are experience or qualification in healthcare.
3. Canadian PR may delay but offer more opportunites and peace of mind compared to the UK tier 1 especially at this volatile period when the UKBA are changing their rules almost everyday.

I hope this helps

A

adnan_hsn

Also wana mention that UK PR can take upto 7 years whereas, Canada - about half of that.

thayyib

Star Member
Jan 23, 2009
Hi,

I have lived in UK for about 4 yrs, did my Masters and worked in IT. Now in India for about 5 yrs. It is easier to go and live in UK, but I would say the discrimination is deep rooted in UK though it is not visible outside. No matter how long you live their they won't accept you. I am in the process of FSW for Canada. I would prefer Canada for long run for its quality of life and peace of mind. If you are in IT, the job prospects are pretty much same. The living cost might be less in Canada compared to UK. My friends in UK are telling that the crime rate is increasing tremendously every year.

I would suggest keep the option open, as the money for processing is a kind of investment and not a big figure as such. Myself applying for Canada and also for Australia (if in-case my family dont get along with the weather).

Cheers...!

A

adnan_hsn

And I dont wana sound biased but if you care even a little bit about your next generation, please dont come to UK. The amount of public death this country has incurred scares me to death which me and my children will have to work VERY hard to pay off.