+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR or UK HSMP?

tunnytox

Mar 27, 2009
adnan_hsn,
You are very right, UK is in a mess at the moment and that's why I have decided to pursue my Canadian PR despite being in the UK on HSMP for 2 1/2 years, I believe Canada will give me peace of mind and future for my children

A

adnan_hsn

tunnytox said:
adnan_hsn,
You are very right, UK is in a mess at the moment and that's why I have decided to pursue my Canadian PR despite being in the UK on HSMP for 2 1/2 years, I believe Canada will give me peace of mind and future for my children
Exactly, UK is perhaps the only country whose own people are abandoning it for the sake of their children. You would rarely hear of a Canadian or an Australian parent thinking that way.

CanSun

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
UK PR actually takes 5 years if you qualify for Tier 1 - which I assume most skilled immigrants will.

Both Canada and UK are good and so is Australia and the USA. But the problem in Canada is - if you dont have North American qualifications or experience - it is very difficult to get a good job. Most immigrants from outside of North America usually start off way below their actual qualification level and experience level and work their way up - which sometimes is a very long process.

The Canadian government is trying to change that but it will be a while till it actually happens.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanSun said:
UK PR actually takes 5 years if you qualify for Tier 1 - which I assume most skilled immigrants will.

Both Canada and UK are good and so is Australia and the USA. But the problem in Canada is - if you dont have North American qualifications or experience - it is very difficult to get a good job. Most immigrants from outside of North America usually start off way below their actual qualification level and experience level and work their way up - which sometimes is a very long process.

The Canadian government is trying to change that but it will be a while till it actually happens.

Cansun, Very good analysis. UK is not that bad .(The way some guys are trying to portray it).

minus360

Star Member
Mar 19, 2009
London, England, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2009
Doc's Request.
July 2009
File Transfer...
April 2009
Med's Request
Sep. 2009
Med's Done....
Oct. 2009
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
March 2010
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
June 2010
There is a high probability of getting Canada's PR than UK's...I'd go for both though.

Good luck.