+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PFL for misrepresentation

Wisewords

Jun 2, 2024
Hello Guys please I really need your help here. I got a PFL a week ago about my failing to state in my visit visa application about my US visa refusal. The US refusals wasn't about any fraudulent documents, I was just advised to get more travel experience. I am from Ghana. Fr the last 7 years I have been traveling extensively to the Schengen countries(Europe). But I just failed to state it. Last year 2023 I was in Europe fr summer. I Replied stating the reason for my US visa refusal . What are my chances of RICC approving my visa. I have been restless for days,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Guys please I really need your help here. I got a PFL a week ago about my failing to state in my visit visa application about my US visa refusal. The US refusals wasn't about any fraudulent documents, I was just advised to get more travel experience. I am from Ghana. Fr the last 7 years I have been traveling extensively to the Schengen countries(Europe). But I just failed to state it. Last year 2023 I was in Europe fr summer. I Replied stating the reason for my US visa refusal . What are my chances of RICC approving my visa. I have been restless for days,
Unfortunately it's really impossible for any of us to guess the outcome. It is mandatory to declare all past refusals regardless of the refusal reason.

Wisewords

Jun 2, 2024
Unfortunately it's really impossible for any of us to guess the outcome. It is mandatory to declare all past refusals regardless of the refusal reason.
hmmm I pray it goes successfully, because I have no criminal record

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This has nothing to do with criminal records. It's about failure to declare a previous refusal (misrepresentation in your application).

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Please dont come to conclusions, I may be pardoned
If you have no criminal record , what would a pardon be connected to ?

You have to understand what the term misrepresentation implies when it pertains to an immigration refusal & pfl

https://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/making-immigration-appeal/Pages/appealing-removal-order-based-misrepresentation.aspx#:~:text=Misrepresentation means giving information that,immigration law to your case

Misrepresentation means giving information that is both:

• untrue, misleading, or incomplete; and
  • could cause an error in applying immigration law to your case
This could be information that you gave or withheld directly.

Fourth bullet point pertains to your situation

Examples of misrepresentation could be:

• not mentioning a family member
  • not mentioning a change in family status that took place between the date you applied for your permanent residence visa and when you became a permanent resident such as a marriage or birth of a child
  • providing a false document
  • declaring employment experience that you do not have
  • not mentioning a refusal of a visa to visit Canada or any other country

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
Respond to the PFL and explain why did you failed to declare your old refusals.
You need to give a strong reason. The decision to put a 5 year ban OR to forgive OR to just refuse the visa is from the Visa officer. No one can predict.

But very high chances is that you will get refused and 5 years ban.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If there is nothing to hide why didn't you declare the US visa refusal. It's not like you didn't know about it.
It's not that casual as "just failed to state it". And it doesn't matter even if you actually have a valid US visa, you still need to declare all previous refusal.
IRCC doesn't care as much on why your US visa was refusal, the PFL is to explain why you hide this information and not telling the whole truth when you applied.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
35 days after responding to PFL .. no response. Its been mix emotions. I am just praying n hoping fr a positive outcome
Good luck. For what it's worth, this is quite normal. It can take a number of months to hear back since your application is now classified as non standard. Hope you have a positive outcome.

Wisewords

Jun 2, 2024
Day 43 of responding to a pfl.. no response still, my fingers are crossed and I am praying n hoping for the best