Canada border in buffalo

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Did I write somewhere that my father in law died in my home country and I returned to my home country?
As harsh as it may sound, your reasons for returning to your country really don't matter.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It would be helpful to get a more complete history like how long you have been in the US, what is your status, etc Yes you can/need to explain that you returned to your country due to the death of your father-in-law. Unfortunately it still will be a problem because the main reason people are granted asylum is because their life is in danger in their own country. If you are able to return for something like a funeral it proves that you don't feel like you life is at risk in your own country.

aries1

Jul 27, 2016
It would be helpful to get a more complete history like how long you have been in the US, what is your status, etc Yes you can/need to explain that you returned to your country due to the death of your father-in-law. Unfortunately it still will be a problem because the main reason people are granted asylum is because their life is in danger in their own country. If you are able to return for something like a funeral it proves that you don't feel like you life is at risk in your own country.
Thank you sir for your advice. Really appreciate it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think we are all a bit confused about what your situation is and therefore it is vary hard to provide good advice.

Aug 9, 2017
Hey All,
Can someone plz give me some info on applying for asylum through Viva La Casa in Buffalo? I am in the USA but in Florida. My sister in law is a Canadian citizen and she is willing to come to the border. Don't want to take the journey unplanned as I have three kids with me.What papers do I need and what will happen there? Anybody experienced it recently?
How many days do I have to stay there?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Aug 9, 2017
hello,
you can't apply at the border based on your sister in- law, however I need to know two things in order to further assest you.
1- does your husband travelling with you ?
2- how old are your kids?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would contact the organization directly. Seems like the organization and their timelines are constantly changing.

mosor

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Hey All,
Can someone plz give me some info on applying for asylum through Viva La Casa in Buffalo? I am in the USA but in Florida. My sister in law is a Canadian citizen and she is willing to come to the border. Don't want to take the journey unplanned as I have three kids with me.What papers do I need and what will happen there? Anybody experienced it recently?
How many days do I have to stay there?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Well you're wife needs to be with you, since she will meet a safe third exception through her sister and then you will meet a safe third exception through her.

Viva La Casa has creates scheduled appointments between you and the Fort. Erie refugee processing unit. You'll arrive at your appointed time. Have your sister in law come at that appointed time so she can be interviewed too. Bring all your travel documents, marriage certificates, birth certificates and national identity documents. If your sister in law once made a refugee claim, then have her bring her basis of claim. If your documents are not in English, having them translated and notarized will help a lot.

When you get there you will fill out forms. Basic family history, address you will be staying in Canada. You'll need your past ten years of address, employment history and education history too for the forms. Once you fill out the forms, you will be interviewed regarding your eligibility to the refugee protection division. Nothing else gets decided at this time. Everyone will be photographed, and everyone 18 years or older will be fingerprinted.

If you are found eligible, you will given a hearing date for you to attend. You'll also be informed that you will need to send your basis of claim, contact address and undergo a medical within 15 days.

herson

Aug 16, 2017
Guys look at my comment who need more help, I am USA border now want to cross with my family please help. I came from Philippines we have all proof just want to know what will happen when we will cross illegal from usa to Canada please give me brief details thanks. we have 5 family member with kids.