+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you travel while awaiting for PPR?

sunshinejan

Jul 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone traveled while waiting for PPR? What is the procedure?
Do you need to raise CSE and let them know about the new change in travel history?

Will it slow down the process if the app is in background check already?

Selinah

Nov 21, 2015
Feel free to travel, I will not affect your application since you only need to show police cert for countries you lived in for more than 6 months.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
sunshinejan said:
Has anyone traveled while waiting for PPR? What is the procedure?
Do you need to raise CSE and let them know about the new change in travel history?
Will it slow down the process if the app is in background check already?
1. Yes, there is no procedure.
2. No, you don't need to send CSE.
3. Nope unless you are traveling to syria/iraq/afganistan etc that may raise security concern.

sunshinejan

Jul 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riasat.abir said:
1. Yes, there is no procedure.
2. No, you don't need to send CSE.
3. Nope unless you are traveling to syria/iraq/afganistan etc that may raise security concern.
Thanks for the reply.
I am really concerned about this, cause I don't want to slow down the app processing even more, cause it's already 8 months so far.

But do you know if there's an official statement as per what info needs to be updated with them?

patnikrishna

Feb 17, 2015
NOC Code......
sunshinejan said:
Thanks for the reply.
I am really concerned about this, cause I don't want to slow down the app processing even more, cause it's already 8 months so far.

But do you know if there's an official statement as per what info needs to be updated with them?
1. search this forum for similar questions. only if this doesn't work, try point 2.
2. call up IRCC if possible. if not, raise a CSE and then your CSE can be helpful for others in the future as well.
3. if no / delayed / unsatisfactory reply by IRCC then travel and then update the information to them.

hope this helped.

RDL

Jan 13, 2016
You can even request for an extension if in case they issue a PPR and you are not back in your home country yet (but of course you need to provide them proof of these trips when requesting for an extension). :)