Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
Asivad Anac said:
If they feel the need to verify something, they will start with the information provided in the reference letter and probe further if and when needed.
Got it.
Thank you Asivad Anac.

sgemini

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad Anac,

One of my previous employer has refused to provide any kind of reference letter to ex-employees. I worked there for 2 years: from 2008 to 2010. I have got the offer letter, Relieving letter, increment letter and few salary slips. However, I have nothing to prove my roles and responsibilities. Please advise what to do in this case.

thanks in advance

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sgemini said:
Hi Asivad Anac,

One of my previous employer has refused to provide any kind of reference letter to ex-employees. I worked there for 2 years: from 2008 to 2010. I have got the offer letter, Relieving letter, increment letter and few salary slips. However, I have nothing to prove my roles and responsibilities. Please advise what to do in this case.

thanks in advance
You will have to prove that you worked under a particular NOC and that is possible only by submitting a detailed reference letter which outlines your job responsibilities.

There is a workaround which has been suggested multiple times on this forum which involves notarizing letters from ex-supervisors and colleagues - search around for threads on that.

sgemini

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks a ton. I will search the forum for detailed instructions. :)

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
Hi anac mam...
My exp. Letter dated wrong by mistake by HR..
They signed it with date 01/08/2015... As i have worked till 31,aug,15...
HR is saying he will correct it by hand making 9 of 8...
But i m afaraid it will looked overwritted..
So what u suggest....

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$unn¥123 said:
Hi anac mam...
My exp. Letter dated wrong by mistake by HR..
They signed it with date 01/08/2015... As i have worked till 31,aug,15...
HR is saying he will correct it by hand making 9 of 8...
But i m afaraid it will looked overwritted..
So what u suggest....
Do you lose any points because of that missing month?

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
Actually Hr signed and dated 01/08/15... Whereseas it supposed to be 01/09/15.... Becoz i worked there from june,2011 to 31/08/15....
And both dates are mentioned in iexperience letter with working hours

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$unn¥123 said:
Actually Hr signed and dated 01/08/15... Whereseas it supposed to be 01/09/15.... Becoz i worked there from june,2011 to 31/08/15....
And both dates are mentioned in iexperience letter with working hours
This will not be a problem as it covers more than 4 years, won't make any difference to your points.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
No mam ....
Actually ..suppose ur my BOSs and i worked for u till yesterday 30/09/15.. So experience letter must be dated on today (01/10/15) or afterwards....but if u write date of previous month(01/09/15) below ur signature.. Thats d problem..
Plz help and suggest any solution to get me out..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$unn¥123 said:
No mam ....
Actually ..suppose ur my BOSs and i worked for u till yesterday 30/09/15.. So experience letter must be dated on today (01/10/15) or afterwards....but if u write date of previous month(01/09/15) below ur signature.. Thats d problem..
Plz help and suggest any solution to get me out..
I understood that.

What I'm trying to point out is that this letter is valid for your experience acquired between June 2011 to August 2015 which is more than 4 years. Even if this doesn't cover the month of September, it doesn't make difference to your CRS score or your program eligibility score. So you can certainly use this letter. It is a minor detail, don't worry about it.

If you're still worried, get a fresh letter instead of trying to correct the date on this letter.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
With due respct I totally agree with ur words
But it is also written rhat this person has worked here till 31/08/15...
So question arises how boss dater in back date whicb is 01/08/15.
Sorry 4 repeating...but i hope u will undsrstNd that ur words matter any on other thing in this topic

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$unn¥123 said:
With due respct I totally agree with ur words
But it is also written rhat this person has worked here till 31/08/15...
So question arises how boss dater in back date whicb is 01/08/15.
Sorry 4 repeating...but i hope u will undsrstNd that ur words matter any on other thing in this topic
I'm aware that is an inconsistency but it is a minor detail. Is there a date on top of the letter? Does that say 1st September instead? The officer is likely to treat this as a typographical error.

As I said earlier, if you're worried get another letter. Just don't overwrite - that attracts more suspicion than a typo error.

skroncan

Jul 7, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
You can use the same letter. You will be able to claim experience only acquired till 3 months ago (as on date of that letter).
Dear Asivad and all the Champion, star, and hero members,
I have a couple of queries regarding post-ITA preparation. And yes, thanks for helping out for OOPNP documentation though not yet nominated.

A) Work experience related queries:
As you mentioned, if I send most of the documents which I sent for OOPNP (3 months ago) to CIC now I will only be able to claim the experience till the date of its issuance. For claiming work experience period, I accumulated more than 5 years of experience three months ago and I have all the work related documents (letter of reference + jobs and responsibilities letter + company profile + employment contract + pay stubs + Form 16 for taxation) in OOPNP-style ready with me.

Q1) In your opinion, should I simply upload the existing documents or arrange for all fresh documents?
Q2) Do I really need to claim three months more experience? Is it worth?
Q3) Will CIC guys be OKay with three months old documents?

B) Proof of fund related queries:
You strictly and absolutely made it clear that for OOPNP the funds should be readily available, so fixed or term or savings deposit were the only options. Now, for EE it is mentioned on CIC website that funds can be in the form of stocks, bonds, investments, etc.

Q1) Can I now show the funds in my provident fund account? These funds will be available within 30 days from the date of my resigning from the current organization. So, these fund will be in savings account before I arrive in Canada.
Q2) If your answer to above question is NO then can I show 80% of funds in fixed and savings deposit and 20% of funds from provident fund account?
Q3) CIC asks for details of all the bank accounts I am holding. I am holding 3 active accounts and 4 dormant accounts. Is CIC interested in all of them? Am I under some kind of oath for declaring all of them?
Q4) Indeed, in one active account I am in debt due to a home loan. Property papers have been mortgaged with the bank. Do I need to show this account too? If yes, then there is no way I can show a positive proof of fund! Moreover, the EMI each month is paid from my salary account so if CIC goes through the statement then they can easily figure out a fixed amount debiting 10th of each month. What to do???

I would highly appreciate the effort you guys put in to read the queries and reply meticulously.
Kudos in advance to all those who will reply.
Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skroncan said:
Dear Asivad and all the Champion, star, and hero members,
I have a couple of queries regarding post-ITA preparation. And yes, thanks for helping out for OOPNP documentation though not yet nominated.

A) Work experience related queries:
As you mentioned, if I send most of the documents which I sent for OOPNP (3 months ago) to CIC now I will only be able to claim the experience till the date of its issuance. For claiming work experience period, I accumulated more than 5 years of experience three months ago and I have all the work related documents (letter of reference + jobs and responsibilities letter + company profile + employment contract + pay stubs + Form 16 for taxation) in OOPNP-style ready with me.

Q1) In your opinion, should I simply upload the existing documents or arrange for all fresh documents?
Q2) Do I really need to claim three months more experience? Is it worth?
Q3) Will CIC guys be OKay with three months old documents?

You can upload the same. It won't make any difference because now you have 600 additional points so even if the work experience is off by a few points here and there, it won't matter to your application processing.

B) Proof of fund related queries:
You strictly and absolutely made it clear that for OOPNP the funds should be readily available, so fixed or term or savings deposit were the only options. Now, for EE it is mentioned on CIC website that funds can be in the form of stocks, bonds, investments, etc.

That is mentioned in the context of bringing funds into Canada. Not in the context of POF.

Q1) Can I now show the funds in my provident fund account? These funds will be available within 30 days from the date of my resigning from the current organization. So, these fund will be in savings account before I arrive in Canada.

Check with rajkamalmohanram on this front. They got a response from NDVO.

Q2) If your answer to above question is NO then can I show 80% of funds in fixed and savings deposit and 20% of funds from provident fund account?

You can showcase POF across multiple accounts and asset classes.

Q3) CIC asks for details of all the bank accounts I am holding. I am holding 3 active accounts and 4 dormant accounts. Is CIC interested in all of them? Am I under some kind of oath for declaring all of them?

No. Strictly unnecessary to declare everything to CIC - just enough to showcase your POF.

Q4) Indeed, in one active account I am in debt due to a home loan. Property papers have been mortgaged with the bank. Do I need to show this account too? If yes, then there is no way I can show a positive proof of fund! Moreover, the EMI each month is paid from my salary account so if CIC goes through the statement then they can easily figure out a fixed amount debiting 10th of each month. What to do???

No. Leave this out of POF. CIC cannot question your spends - that will be ridiculous.

I would highly appreciate the effort you guys put in to read the queries and reply meticulously.
Kudos in advance to all those who will reply.
Thanks