+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can visitor's visa can convert to super visa?

mrs_peters

Jan 8, 2012
Hi there,

My mom got her multiple TRV.. and her stay here is only til march, and we are planning to extend it.,
my question is would be possible to apply the super visa or switch the TRV to super visa while my mom is here?

canada.insurance

Jan 3, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! Your mum can come back and apply for Super Visa in home country or from Canada -the process takes only from 4-8 weeks which will be valid for up to 10 years, it will allow an her to remain in Canada for up to 2 years at a time, without the need to renew their status. More details you can read here. But in order to receive the Super Visa one of the most important government requirements - the parent or grandparent must also provide a written commitment of financial support from child Canada and complete an Immigration Medical Examination. If you have any questions or need assistance purchasing your travel insurance, we're here to help.

T

torontonian999

mrs_peters said:
Hi there,

My mom got her multiple TRV.. and her stay here is only til march, and we are planning to extend it.,
my question is would be possible to apply the super visa or switch the TRV to super visa while my mom is here?
Hi there,

If your mom came here with a TRV, then she can extend her status for up to 2 years through the Super Visa program from within Canada. She does NOT need to leave Canada and come back in order to be able to stay here through the Super Visa program. Just make sure she meets all the criteria (having medical insurance, show child's minimum income and she will also need to pass medical exam when requested by CIC Alberta).

Please, check the Super Visa FAQ from the CIC website and they have explained it there.

Good luck!

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you can I have a client doing this right now, you also need to purchase mandatory emergency medical insurance if you have not already done so.
Contact me for details

Gary Goldshmidt
Stone-Hedge Financial Group Inc.
Toll Free 1.888.410.4393
Toronto Local Tel 416.410.4393
Email:gary@stone-hedgefinancialgroup.ca

mrs_peters

Jan 8, 2012
My mom got her Medical done already before she got here, because the Embassy requested it.
Does she need to have another Medical Exam here?

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
Gary Goldshmidt said:
Yes you can I have a client doing this right now, you also need to purchase mandatory emergency medical insurance if you have not already done so.
Contact me for details

Gary Goldshmidt
Toll Free 1.888.410.4393
Email:gary @ stone-hedgefinancialgroup.ca
Hi,
one question, for how long i will have to buy health insurance for my mother to apply for super visa?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stupidrim said:
Hi,
one question, for how long i will have to buy health insurance for my mother to apply for super visa?
Minimum of one year.

Proof that you have private medical insurance valid for a minimum of one year from a Canadian insurance company and that:
Covers health care, hospitalization and repatriation;
Provides a minimum coverage of $100,000; and
is valid for each entry to Canada and available for review by a port of entry officer.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa-how.asp

mystyle319

Mar 27, 2013
Gary Goldshmidt said:
Contact me for details

Gary Goldshmidt
Toll Free 1.888.410.4393
Email:gary @ stone-hedgefinancialgroup.ca
can you do it vise versa? like from super visa to regular visa?

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No you cannot convert a super visa to a regular visa. A super visa allows for visits of up to two years versus a regular visa which is only valid for visits of up to six month.

Jun 8, 2017
Hi Gary and other members!

Could you please advise that is it possible now to apply for supervisa , while having a valid multiple entry visa (expired in Nov 2018)?

Armiti

Apr 30, 2018
Hi
My mom has multiple visa.she stay in Canada 6 months and I extend her visitor visa 6 months more.(Total 1 year until September).

Can I apply for super visa on extend stay visa? Or my mom has to leave on the date is mentioned in extending visa letter?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes you can try to extend 30 days before the expiry of her extension. Be prepared that at a certain point it will likely be refused. She remains a visitor so can't stay forever.

Armiti

Apr 30, 2018
Yes you can try to extend 30 days before the expiry of her extension. Be prepared that at a certain point it will likely be refused. She remains a visitor so can't stay forever.
Hi,
I received 2 different answer you said yes another friend said no!!!
I am confused.which answer is correct!!