+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my wife extend her visitors visa in canada?

anrose17

Jan 5, 2013
chala said:
Anyone can apply for a visitor visa extention. It's what we have done 2 times already and that's how we have legal status to live together in Canada during processing of the Outland application for PR.
Dear Chala , we are on the same boat ... i also applied via Outland (Oct 2013) but i am now living with my common -law spouse here in Canada (who is a Canadian citizen ) , im on visitor visa. Can i ask u a question ? I\ll be applying my visitor visa extension for the 3rd time , can i mention in my reason for extension that I'm living with him ? Because we applied under " common-law " ... In my 1st two extensions , my reason was " as tourist exploring other areas of Canada" and was both approved :) but this is to established that we are in a common-law relationship ( living together for a year) ...

for the 3rd extension , i am not so sure of what reason to mention .... your help pls ....

Guys with the same experience , pls help me as well ... thanks a lot !

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
State that you are requesting the extension because you've applied for PR and include proof of the PR app.

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
anrose17 said:
Dear Chala , we are on the same boat ... i also applied via Outland (Oct 2013) but i am now living with my common -law spouse here in Canada (who is a Canadian citizen ) , im on visitor visa. Can i ask u a question ? I\ll be applying my visitor visa extension for the 3rd time , can i mention in my reason for extension that I'm living with him ? Because we applied under " common-law " ... In my 1st two extensions , my reason was " as tourist exploring other areas of Canada" and was both approved :) but this is to established that we are in a common-law relationship ( living together for a year) ...

for the 3rd extension , i am not so sure of what reason to mention .... your help pls ....

Guys with the same experience , pls help me as well ... thanks a lot !
As Canuck_in_Uk stated just tell them you are a PR applicant. (They probably already know that anyway)
I am reasonbly certain that you will get another extension. Perhaps by then you will have your PR anyway.
Good luck. Let me know how it goes with the extention app

jimmykitty2013

Oct 1, 2013
ronalem

I have same concern as you have

I am about to send the application for sponsor my wife (outside Canada class - China).
I kind of heard from someone (or more than one, either people had experience or some immigrantion consultant), during the process of Application spouse PR application, it is likely to be refused on visitor application, because visitor visa suppose to be issued for the one who have tie to the home country and no intend to staying in Canada when visa expires, and because it is husband and wife relationship, it is obvious intend not for visiting. that is why we hesitate on applying visitor visa while be separated for the possible waiting period of half year to 1 year. Please let advice from your experience or what you have heard. Or anyone has the same concern/thought/experience

appreciated

thanks

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
If you have read this Forum you will know that there are many PR applicants who received visitor visa extentions during the PR processing. Just remember that your status in Canada is a Visitor until you receive your PR. What the visitor visa extention does is give you legal status to stay in Canada beyond the normal 6 months for those from visa exempt countries. I believe that is why CIC issues these visas as a convenience until your PR processing is completed.

jimmykitty2013

Oct 1, 2013
thanks Chala,

I will worry less if it is just an extend visa for my wife. Things is that my wife had never been in Canada, I was talking about first visitor visa, if we wanted to apply, so that we dont have to be separated for the half year to 1 year waiting time during the PR process

thanks again

JimmyKitty

pisces1981

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 7, 2013
File Transfer...
June 28, 2013
Med's Done....
May 25, 2013
Passport Req..
March 17, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 17, 2014
LANDED..........
April :)
jimmykitty2013 said:
thanks Chala,

I will worry less if it is just an extend visa for my wife. Things is that my wife had never been in Canada, I was talking about first visitor visa, if we wanted to apply, so that we dont have to be separated for the half year to 1 year waiting time during the PR process

thanks again

JimmyKitty

I applied for a multiple entry visa after i have submitted my PR application and I was granted. I dont think that should be a problem.