+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my soon to be wife stay in Canada with me?

RefugeeUkar

Sep 18, 2021
Hello. I'm a protected person in Canada and I have an ongoing Pr application. My girlfriend is Korean and she is in Korea right now. We are planning to get married. If she come to Canada with visitor visa(eta) and we marry here, can I add her to my pr application? Can she stay here with me?

Unicornicaaa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Hi there.
You can add your dependenat anytime before CoPR.
Also you can sponser your gril friend after being permanent resident. These are two different path way.
Anyone who has visitor visa can stay just 180 days of a year in Canada commonly, but you can request to extend her stay.
Good luck.

RefugeeUkar

Sep 18, 2021
Hi there.
You can add your dependenat anytime before CoPR.
Also you can sponser your gril friend after being permanent resident. These are two different path way.
Anyone who has visitor visa can stay just 180 days of a year in Canada commonly, but you can request to extend her stay.
Good luck.
Thank you for your reply. So even though I add her to my pr application she needs to leave country after 180 days and she cannot stay here with me until I get my pr + I sponsor her. Do I understand correctly?

Unicornicaaa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Thank you for your reply. So even though I add her to my pr application she needs to leave country after 180 days and she cannot stay here with me until I get my pr + I sponsor her. Do I understand correctly?
Yep. Her status would be a visitor visa since she get her eCoPR.