+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can live in a province other than who sponsored for immigration?

shabbs83

May 7, 2016
Hi,

i am applying for my immigration, and my scores seems low, so i wanted to know if i am able to get immigration through any province PNP programe, do i have to only reside in that province?

Suppose i got selected by Ontraio province, so do i only have to live there when i arrive in Canada. If yes, then whats minimum period length i have to stay in Ontario?

Thanks

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
Re: Can live in anywhere if got immigration through selected province

On paper you can live anywhere because you have permanent residence.

However ,not staying in the province that sponsored you kinda makes you look like an *** though because it's gonna look like you just used them to get to Canada.
We owe them our visas after all so in return we should give it a chance. :) some provinces require two to five years...it depends hehe. If you can prove to the government that things are not working out despite all efforts made then they will allow you to live elsewhere

shabbs83

May 7, 2016

Thank you for your response.

If i stay in a province other than which sponsored me, will i get into any legal issues or not. Will it affect my PR or citizenship.?

Awaiting your sincere advise.

Thanks

runaway982

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014

Where can I read about the time length required to live in certain province? I want to know what are my obligations prior to the nomination acceptance.

Thanks in advance

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013

LokiJr01 said:

However ,not staying in the province that sponsored you kinda makes you look like an *** though because it's gonna look like you just used them to get to Canada.
We owe them our visas after all so in return we should give it a chance. :) some provinces require two to five years...it depends hehe. If you can prove to the government that things are not working out despite all efforts made then they will allow you to live elsewhere
100% wrong information

As soon as you get Pr you can move

Bcz it is under mobility rights act no 6

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014

LokiJr01 said:

This is my opinion as well. And I don't think the mobility right should be interpreted literally when there is a provincial nomination in play...that is the impression I got after attending the Canadian Orientation Abroad seminar. But that is just my opinion.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Better to stay in the nominated province, if you are unable to get a job for long time, then you can move out.

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
Some people like to just call statements false -_-
Anyway what Canada is giving you is a permanent residence visa so yes...you can live outside the province who sponsored you and there will be no legal issues involved.

But think about it...why did you apply to that province in the first place? Just to get to Canada? For me it's a very selfish thing to do. We owe them that much so the least we can do is to try and make a living through the province who sponsored you.

If this does not bother you, think about other migrants who plan to apply for PNP in the future. If the sponsoring province notices that applicants are using their PNP only to get to Canada and live elsewhere they might end up tightening their policies which will affect everyone.