+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I transfer my Canadian visa application process from india to USA?

bhargavhima

Nov 20, 2021
Hi ,

I have applied Canadian visitor visa for my parents in july and still we didn't get to hear back from canadian immigration. Now due to some emergency reason they are traveling to usa. Can i move their canadian visitor visa application from india to usa?

Is there any other way that we can get visitor visa from usa for my parents?

Its urgent hope here i get some good advice.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I don't think there's a way either to "request" a TRV application to be transferred between countries by virtue of travelling there as tourists. Only way to do what you intend is to cancel their Indian application (which might also take a while) before applying from the U.S.

I don't think having their TRV processed in the U.S. is a good idea either since they'll have no long-term ties to the U.S.... Processing times for TRVs from the U.S. is 37 days.

I get your frustration with the process in India being as slow as it is.

IMO the best thing they can do at this point is wait for the result from their current application and if it happens while they're in the U.S, request for the visa stamping to be done in the U.S.

Then again, the listed times for TRVs out of India is 208 days, which is insane.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am not sure how much time it will take in that and not sure if they will refund my fees or not
Don’t think you will get your fees refunded. If you are happy waiting then there is no need to withdraw. It has already been a few months since you could reapply so it’s unclear how much time, if any, it will save but applications through the new portal have been faster.

bhargavhima

Nov 20, 2021
Don’t think you will get your fees refunded. If you are happy waiting then there is no need to withdraw. It has already been a few months since you could reapply so it’s unclear how much time, if any, it will save but applications through the new portal have been faster.
Okay.Got it.Now my question is my parents are traveling to usa 9th dec and if i apply through new portal from usa will it work? Or they have to be in india only?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Okay.Got it.Now my question is my parents are traveling to usa 9th dec and if i apply through new portal from usa will it work? Or they have to be in india only?
They can apply from the US but there is a very good chance they won’t receive a response by then. Would keep your other application and hope that one gets processed. With such a tight timeframe I wouldn’t want to withdraw the other application just in case it suddenly gets processed.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi ,

I have applied Canadian visitor visa for my parents in july and still we didn't get to hear back from canadian immigration. Now due to some emergency reason they are traveling to usa. Can i move their canadian visitor visa application from india to usa?

Is there any other way that we can get visitor visa from usa for my parents?

Its urgent hope here i get some good advice.
In general, you should be able to submit passport for visa stamping in USA. You can wait for the passport request letter and deal with it then, obviously depending on where you are and timing.

bhargavhima

Nov 20, 2021
In general, you should be able to submit passport for visa stamping in USA. You can wait for the passport request letter and deal with it then, obviously depending on where you are and timing.
Yes,I will wait for the passport request. In new visa application is there medical examination? Because they just completed their fingerprints