+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I show deposit accounts jointly owned by me and my mother for funds proof?

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
forcanada said:
I don't know who is right, you or stAnger
As far i know, an affidavit or deeds are official documents prepared on stamp papers. This is what i did for both ontario and cic.

If the above member was successful by doing it on a plain paper than i reckon its upto you to select any one option.

forcanada

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
StAnger said:
As far i know, an affidavit or deeds are official documents prepared on stamp papers. This is what i did for both ontario and cic.

If the above member was successful by doing it on a plain paper than i reckon its upto you to select any one option.
Thanks.
I would like to hear Asivad Anac's opinion as well.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
StAnger said:

My application is still in que for nomination. This was advised to me by Asivad and he did what he told me for his PR application with CIC.

forcanada

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
rafzy said:
My application is still in que for nomination. This was advised to me by Asivad and he did what he told me for his PR application with CIC.
And he got PR.
I think that I would follow your advice.

admodi86

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rafzy said:
I submitted my POF of fixed deposit account both on my and my father name with my oinp application and it has been accepted by them as i have been issued with an aor.

You will need to attach a conscent paper acknowledged by your co-account holder that they have no problem accessing yhis money and you are free to use this entire money as per your wishes.
Thanks !

Mukamut

Dec 16, 2015
Harsimran05 said:
Thanks for the Reply.
But I got to know that if Funds are in Spouse/Common Law Partner Account who is accompanying with the primary applicant, can show his/her statements as POF.
And an Affidavit (which states the consent) from the person who is transferring funds to my account will do.

Below are the details which I got.

Acceptable proof of funds are:

-bank accounts in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;

-cashable investments in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;

-cashable fixed deposits in your name of the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner.

Not acceptable are:

-bank accounts in someone else's name;

-bank accounts which are joint in your name and someone else (other than your accompanying spouse/common-law partner);

-bank accounts in the name of your spouse who is not accompanying you to Canada ;

-property valuations;

-vehicle valuations;

-jewellery valuations.

You are not required to carry your funds in cash when you arrive in Canada. You are, however, required to show documentary evidence that you have the funds available (in bank accounts or cashable investments), and that they can be transferred to Canada.
Hi sir, I would like to know if the pension or provident fund statement is acceptable as pof.in my country you can only cash it once you resign from your current work.but you can get a statement showing how much you have in your your provident fund account.
Thanks for your reply

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mukamut said:
Hi sir, I would like to know if the pension or provident fund statement is acceptable as pof.in my country you can only cash it once you resign from your current work.but you can get a statement showing how much you have in your your provident fund account.
Thanks for your reply
The funds should be readily available. Unfortunately, in your case you cannot show PPF as they are bound.

Mukamut

Dec 16, 2015
StAnger said:
The funds should be readily available. Unfortunately, in your case you cannot show PPF as they are bound.
Thank you for your quick reply. I guess I will have to change my job so that I can cash in on my funds before starting with the expres entry.

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
forcanada said:
And he got PR.
I think that I would follow your advice.

You may have to be careful here as am sure your case is completely similar to Asivad's case. In his case, his Dad transferred the cash to his account and he got his dad to do a gift deed. He was initially refused (either wrongly or correctly) based on his POF, before he got the visa on his second application. Mind you, as at his second application, the fund was already sitting in his account for over 6 months. However, if there has been other successful precedents similar to your case, by all means, you can go ahead.

davinwalia

Mar 9, 2016
Hi Harsimran,

I have the same kind of situation, where my wife is the primary applicant and i am the accompanying partner, my doubt was can i show all the POFs which are joint between me and my wife to CIC with me giving a LOE that i authorize to use all my funds.

If possible do provide me your contact no. I can reached on 9599367773 or davinwalia@gmail.com, we can discuss more on this.

regards
DS

Jun 28, 2018
A few years late into this discussion and unfortunately I have the same question. Can someone clarify what the final recommendation is on the consent letter from my mother (I jointly own deposits with her).

Should I:
- Get a release/consent letter typed and signed by my mother, or
- Get a notarized affidavit from my mother with the release/consent?

Please clarify. Thanks in advance.

anandekraj

Jun 6, 2018
A few years late into this discussion and unfortunately I have the same question. Can someone clarify what the final recommendation is on the consent letter from my mother (I jointly own deposits with her).

Should I:
- Get a release/consent letter typed and signed by my mother, or
- Get a notarized affidavit from my mother with the release/consent?

Please clarify. Thanks in advance.
Did you get any reply on this or what you did.... As is m in same situation