New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 June 2014
Passport Req..
10 June 2014
Hey folks,
I am applying for TRV through the online application system and I just received a passport request. I live in NYC, I am applying from NYC and this is where I am going to send my passport. My question is: Is there a way of getting around the VAC for transmitting my passport? I seriously don't see why I have to paying $34 so that the VAC can take my passport from their office in Manhattan and bring it to the Canadian Consulate a couple of blocks away, also in Manhattan, when I live here and I can do it myself......
So... is there a way of avoiding their Passport delivery service and submitting my passport myself or is this really the only way since June?

Thank you! ;)

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Use the search bar for vac new york! I believe the consulate in NY doesnt stamp visas any more! So you might end up paying more if u mail it to the consulate and it comes back unstamped, you will have to use the vac! You cant drop it off in person, u dont have to use the vac either u can use a courier, but first u have to figure out where to send it
swords1010 said:
Hey folks,
I am applying for TRV through the online application system and I just received a passport request. I live in NYC, I am applying from NYC and this is where I am going to send my passport. My question is: Is there a way of getting around the VAC for transmitting my passport? I seriously don't see why I have to paying $34 so that the VAC can take my passport from their office in Manhattan and bring it to the Canadian Consulate a couple of blocks away, also in Manhattan, when I live here and I can do it myself......
So... is there a way of avoiding their Passport delivery service and submitting my passport myself or is this really the only way since June?

Thank you! ;)

swords1010

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 June 2014
Passport Req..
10 June 2014
Hey, ortom,
Thank you for your reply. I am pretty aware where the VAC is. It is just that I need to send it from my address in Manhattan, to the address of the VAC in Manhattan, so that they can deliver it to the Consualte in Manhattan. But then, I also need to send them a check for $34 for the whole luxury to another address - again in Manhattan. Doesn't that sound like the biggest stupidity to you? :eek: I'm just curious if I can avoid that whole bureaucracy... ???

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Even if u drop it off in person at the VAC u will have to pay the 34$, bcs the vac is simply facilitating the interaction btwn you and CIC, they dont actually stamp yhe visa themselves! If u look through the forum u will be able to find another way oyher than using a vac to get ur passport stamped! It might be by the second page of the forum
swords1010 said:
Hey, ortom,
Thank you for your reply. I am pretty aware where the VAC is. It is just that I need to send it from my address in Manhattan, to the address of the VAC in Manhattan, so that they can deliver it to the Consualte in Manhattan. But then, I also need to send them a check for $34 for the whole luxury to another address - again in Manhattan. Doesn't that sound like the biggest stupidity to you? :eek: I'm just curious if I can avoid that whole bureaucracy... ???

swords1010

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 June 2014
Passport Req..
10 June 2014
I completely understand the function of the VAC in this case and in general. I also get the whole idea behing the $34 fee...
I just don't need any intermediary between me and the local Visa centre, when the Visa centre is located in the same borough of NYC, where I live. ::)

Alright, i'll dig a bit more back through the pages.... :'(

ortom said:
Even if u drop it off in person at the VAC u will have to pay the 34$, bcs the vac is simply facilitating the interaction btwn you and CIC, they dont actually stamp yhe visa themselves! If u look through the forum u will be able to find another way oyher than using a vac to get ur passport stamped! It might be by the second page of the forum

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
It will still cost u money through another courier, are u sure the visa office is in New York? I dont think thats the case anymore! The visas might be stamped in LA! Im not sure how accurate this info is as I remember going through some thread about visa from new york but not sure if I recall correctly! Also what was the visa fee for you? I paid $300 I beleive for both my parents that included vac fee for biometrics and passport! Are u sure you need to pay the $34?
! Buy I
swords1010 said:
I completely understand the function of the VAC in this case and in general. I also get the whole idea behing the $34 fee...
I just don't need any intermediary between me and the local Visa centre, when the Visa centre is located in the same borough of NYC, where I live. ::)

Alright, i'll dig a bit more back through the pages.... :'(

swords1010

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 June 2014
Passport Req..
10 June 2014
ortom said:
It will still cost u money through another courier, are u sure the visa office is in New York? I dont think thats the case anymore! The visas might be stamped in LA! Im not sure how accurate this info is as I remember going through some thread about visa from new york but not sure if I recall correctly! Also what was the visa fee for you? I paid $300 I beleive for both my parents that included vac fee for biometrics and passport! Are u sure you need to pay the $34?
! Buy I
I am not sure if you read my post really.... ??? I don't need another courier. In fact, I don't need any courier whatsoever - I can literally walk from my door to the Visa office in New York. :-X Also, I have applied online and I have already paid my visa application fee (100 CAD). I am not required to give biometrics. The $34.10 that I am talking about is the stupid fee for using the VAC's Passport delivery service, which is the only service I would need, since the rest of my application is proccessed electronically. ::)

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
I did read ur posts but the part u are not understanding is that there is no in person service! You have to use either a VAC or a courier, there is no other option! You might be able to walk there but that doesnt mean u can drop off ur passport there! And again the consulate in new york does not stamp visas anymore!
swords1010 said:
I am not sure if you read my post really.... ??? I don't need another courier. In fact, I don't need any courier whatsoever - I can literally walk from my door to the Visa office in New York. :-X Also, I have applied online and I have already paid my visa application fee (100 CAD). I am not required to give biometrics. The $34.10 that I am talking about is the stupid fee for using the VAC's Passport delivery service, which is the only service I would need, since the rest of my application is proccessed electronically. ::)