+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can I apply for citizenship with lost passport?

jsingh89

Sep 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
2-Aug-2016
I would like to add here that I already requested my entry/exit records from CBSA, have my new Passport, and have print outs of my I94, I plan to take these documents along with me to my test/interview when the time comes.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013

hungnguyen

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hello @jsingh89 ,

all went well in my case. I had police certificate with me and i did mentioned about my lost passport during the time of application. Fortunately, i had scan copy of my lost passport (not all pages though) which was ok. The officer told me that she will ask for my entry/exit report from CBSA to further varify, however, she mentioned that it wont take longer. Less than a week after my interview, a decision was made.

Good luck with your application,

Arise
Hi Arise,

I also lost my old passport when my PR was being processed 2 years ago, but I had police report and copy of my lost passport and I also emailed IRCC the police certificate when they requested at that moment for my PR application. Do you think the lost passport will cause RQ or delay my citizenship application? Any advice from you is valuable for me.

Thanks,

saajusaajan

Jun 24, 2019
I had similar situation, applied last October, passport got stolen this past August and went for test 2 week ago. I didn't have the scan of all pages, only up to the date I applied for PR, so just brought those pages for interview along with police report. Most of my trips after getting PR were between US and Canada so I printed I94 which was accepted by officer during interview. Officer kept scanned copy of passport, police report as well as my I94 records. Application changed to DM 5 days after test. Oath invitation received today. Hope this helps.
But you had a new re-issued passport at the time of application ? <mine is like 1 month away and lost now