+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply again without withdrawing my previous application ??

ahmed_ca

Dec 6, 2008
I applied to the FSW before 28/2/2008 ,,, and the AOR letter stated that i should wait for 48 months ,,, and it has been 2 years now of waiting in the backlog ,,,

My question can apply again in the new system ( as my job is on the 38 list ) without withdrawing my old application (parallel application) ??

I sent an email to the embassy since about 5 days and no answer till now

I received an email since about one month from the embassy if I want to withdraw my application ,, does this mean anything ? will they start processing my application any time soon?

I am sure there are a lot of people out there in my same situation ,, let's share our ideas and updates information here.

pal4canada

Dec 6, 2008
I am in the same boat

and I am hesitated to withdraw my application because I don't want to lose my waiting time (if any thing gone wrong with my second application) ,,,

I think CIC should accept our new application (as we will pay twice) and when they inform the visa office for processing our application ,, they should inform us to withdraw our first application (thus they will be reducing the backlog) ,,, this is only my opinion

any experts ,,, plz share your opinion

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can not have 2 FSW applications running at the same time. If you check on the CIC website the normal processing time for the visa office you applied through and it looks like you have less than a year to wait, you might leave your application running. If it looks like more, you might want to consider withdrawing and applying again.

ahmed_ca

Dec 6, 2008
Leon said:
You can not have 2 FSW applications running at the same time. 
thanks for all who replied

to Leon ,, I couldn't find anything on the CIC website that says that I am not allowed to have 2 applications at the same time ,,, but also I didn't find anything mentioning that it is allowed ,,

If you have a link or anything which says it is not allowed ,, plz post it here

thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/immigrate/skilled/skilled-faq09.asp they say that you can withdraw and apply again. If having 2 application was an option, they would have said you don't have to withdraw, you can just apply again. If you are not sure, contact the visa office or embassy and ask. You have to also take into consideration that they are trying to make the system faster, not slower. If everybody has two applications going, you are using up double the resources to have them both processed at the same time.

tuxbuddy

Dec 5, 2008
I'm also keen to know if this is possible. The following thread at BritishExpats says that it is possible to run two applications concurrently:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575701&page=4

Look for the reply by Ron Lieberman on Dec 1st 2008, 4:11 pm. Since this is an interpretation of another Immigration Lawyer, I'm not sure if this is true. It will be great if somebody in this forum asks this question directly to CHC.

Tuxbuddy

eg2ca

Apr 25, 2009
Yes you can apply again and have 2 applications.
I already applied again and got my AOR 3 days ago. find below a replay from the visa section canadian embassy in egypt for this enquiry;

Dear Madam/Sir,

Please note that an applicant does not necessarily have to withdraw the initial application to submit a new application. The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) does not prohibit multiple applications. The applicant has the choice to withdraw the initial application or to continue with both applications. If processing has not begun in the initial application and the applicant decides to withdraw the initial application, the fees paid can be refunded.
If you would like to re-apply for immigration under the new regulations, kindly visit our website http://www.international.gc.ca/cairo/cic-en.asp for further information. Your application as a federal skilled worker would only be put in process if you have experience in one of the occupations listed at this address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tuxbuddy said:
I'm also keen to know if this is possible. The following thread at BritishExpats says that it is possible to run two applications concurrently:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575701&page=4

Look for the reply by Ron Lieberman on Dec 1st 2008, 4:11 pm. Since this is an interpretation of another Immigration Lawyer, I'm not sure if this is true. It will be great if somebody in this forum asks this question directly to CHC.

Tuxbuddy
CIC has already answered the questions in Operations Bulletin 101

"8) Can applicants have both a pre-C-50 FSW application and a C-50 application?

Yes, applicants may have multiple FSW applications. The applicant can choose to either maintain the first application and submit a new C-50 application with a new processing fee; or withdraw the first application and submit a C-50 application. If an applicant chooses to withdraw their pre-C-50 application before processing begins, they will receive a refund.

Missions should inform applicants that they cannot advise whether the original FSW application or the C-50 application will be a faster process. Missions should avoid recommending a particular course of action to applicants.

PMM

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great post and very informative replies."This is a kind of Breaking News for a lot of people", including me. I am flabbergasted though, as I asked the same question a few months back and got a reply like the one Leon has given.
I do qualify under the New Immigration Law but never wanted to withdraw my initial application for 2 reasons:

1) I have been waiting for quite sometime now (ca.18Months) and have paid more than CAN$2000.00 (including the RPR fee) @ the beginning.
2) I also received a letter from the CIC requesting confirmation of my continued interest in Immigrating to Canada, to which I replied positively to i.e Yes.

Now the question is:
After this letter, If I apply under the new rules, get through the initial stages and my case is forwarded to the CIC of my country for further processing. If I then decide to withdraw my initial application will they refund my initial application payments, or will I have to forfeit it due to the fact that I had already accepted by replying "Yes" to the letter in which they requested my continued interest.

The fact of the matter is that I think CIC could have easily sifted out applications that Pre-dated Feb2008 and qualified according to the new rules. (This is my opinion and should not be seen as Criticism).

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they have already started processing your old application, you will not get the processing fee back if you withdraw it but you will get the right of landing fee back (if you had paid that already).

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
If they have already started processing your old application, you will not get the processing fee back if you withdraw it but you will get the right of landing fee back (if you had paid that already).

When exactly is "started Processing your application"?

Because my "ecas" status has been we started processing your application on XX.XX.XXXX since day1.

Does this mean that they have started processing the application?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's one thing I don't think they have ever really defined. For the old FSW where you sent in a simplified application, I think the time they consider that they start processing is when they ask for your documents. Some CIC offices because of long processing time had actually started to send out letters before asking for documents telling people that this was the last chance to withdraw and still get a refund.

ecas says "in processing" since day one, that is true but you don't really think they have been working on your file for 18 months? Maybe very slowly :)

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LEON,
Of course, I don't think and believe that they have done anything about my case other than do a "Data Entry into their Database".

Well, I did receive such a letter which I mentioned in my earlier post.

I think that I will loose/not get a refund of the CAN$1100, for me and my spouse anyway, if I decide to file a new application and then at a later stage withdraw my first application.

Anyways, "GOD's TIME IS THE BEST TIME".
I'll let time decide for itself, as I firmly believe in the proverb, "EVERY DISAPPOINTMENT IS A BLESSING IN DISGUISE".

(NOT YET ANYWAY, LOL)

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Yes, You can have both PRE and POST C-50 applications at the same time. This is now evident though quite unclear a few months ago.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BobbyB said:
I think that I will loose/not get a refund of the CAN$1100, for me and my spouse anyway, if I decide to file a new application and then at a later stage withdraw my first application.
I think you are right. I think you will lose the processing fees if you withdraw now.

wpc71 is absolutely right. It was quite unclear a few months ago whether you could have two FSW applications going at the same time or even whether you could have FSW and PNP going at the same time. Now it's clear that you can have probably as many applications going as you want which is good news for a lot of people. You can ride two horses at the same time if you don't mind paying the processing fees.