+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can go to home country without pr card with NO TENSION

gilldevinders

Feb 9, 2013
I landed on 5 feb 2013 and planning to go back soon. If pr cards come that is good enough , we will get them from courier or if someone is coming to home country he or she will carry for us. But if pr cards will not come and cic will call us on to come and sign again or to take your pr card yourself physically. Then what ? And another question is can the Canadian embassy at my home country reject my pr by not giving me the travel document. Can I travel without tension to get TD ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Like I said, get a US visa and you can return to Canada through USA.

Otherwise, if you are not visa exempted, you need a travel document.

gilldevinders

Feb 9, 2013
But I don't have the us visa. And I need TD to come back. But what's meaning As written in CIC that travel document is for single entry. That's mean it will be use for once. Or for a single person in a family as me my wife and my son we all are going without or card . As we landed on 5 feb 2013 for first time

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once you have US visa and arrive in the US, you can ask a friend to pick up you by car and return to Canada without travel document. If you feel tension to get TD in your home country, then try getting US visa!

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK if you are new pr and not from visa exempt country. even you will be rejected for us visa as one of my friend did that. To get US visa and not get rejected either apply after 1 yr. of stay in Canada or after 1 yr. being pr to canada you will be able to get us visa.
if you really have to go and you are visa exempt then go for us visa as steaky mentioned if not your options are:
1. don't get into trouble with TD it's along process. your home country don't have a right to stop you or take decision on your pr status.
2. you can get pr mailed to you with the help of your family/friends.
(but double check that option as far as i know fed ex/ups can't mail these kind of (pr card) documents but still you can check before leaving)
but it's better if you can wait 57 days according to current timeline get pr card and then go back
best of luck.

realtexdex

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
So crossing into Canada on foot at the rainbow bridge can be done with COPR too right? The rule says, they can allow a person into Canada with only COPR if they drive in a personal car; does that include a rented car as well?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey farid-,

It's not true. Regardless whether or not apply after a year in Canada or otherwise, one can still try to get US visa. Whether or not one would be approved, depends very much on the person.

aakriti

Feb 4, 2013
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Feb
AOR Received.
25th Feb
File Transfer...
8th march
Med's Done....
13th Jan
Passport Req..
3rd Aprril
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
waiting
i agree with you steaky it very much depends on persons previous travel history which country they are coming from and lots of stuff indeed if they are not from visa exempt country it happened with one of my friend from India. can be different for may be someone coming from Europe etc. i just thought to share it so one can make a better decision
but i also agree with you depending on person..

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once you are at the land entry and can satisfy the officer you are a PR, he/she will let you in regardless of what docs you have.