+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can anyone tell me what stage am I in?

randomdude

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Thanks for sharing this. I noticed that 'Estimated remaining processing time' status bar on your profile. Did you have that as soon as you get the AOR because I can't see it in mine and didn't even know it existed until I saw your screenshot.
I don't remember if I got the time bar right after I got the AOR. I didn't check my account back then as frequently as I am doing these days. Apologies if this is not helpful.

randomdude

Star Member
May 15, 2019
So this Background check is a term that is not mentioned in the GCMS, believe in stages.
About security, i have not seen a case in which security started before eligibility. The reason is security is done by CBSA and CSIS (Some times involved) and the application does not move to them till the time eligiblity is passed.
Why would Canada waste time and resources check the security of a person who is not eligible? That is what logic states.
What you said makes sense. I would like to believe it against what the agent told me.

Reactions: Immigration_guru

DMyrie

Star Member
May 8, 2019
So this Background check is a term that is not mentioned in the GCMS, believe in stages.
About security, i have not seen a case in which security started before eligibility. The reason is security is done by CBSA and CSIS (Some times involved) and the application does not move to them till the time eligiblity is passed.
Why would Canada waste time and resources check the security of a person who is not eligible? That is what logic states.
If security fails then your overall eligibility fails as well. This means that security can be in progress at the same time as eligibility.