+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can any one reply and help out Pls. Many PPL Seems to be wondering and tensed we

jaysainath

Apr 12, 2013
Can any one reply and help out Pls. Many PPL Seems to be wondering and tensed weather they will get visa after uk policce caution for shoplifting/theft .....if any one who has got or refused share about it will increase awareness and one can take informed decisions so kindly share your exepriece

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Sorry.. but what exactly r u talking about?
R u a shoplifter who did something in the UK ?

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I don't fully understand your question but it sounds like you (or a friend) committed some crimes in the UK and are now seeking entry or residency in Canada? My advice is be honest with CIC, and investigate with them as to whether you are inadmissible/need to apply for rehabilitation. Since the crimes were committed in the UK, CIC can easily find out about them, so hiding them is not an option. Criminal inadmisibility is not always permanent so don't shoot yourself in the foot by misrepresenting the facts.

Read these to determine if you are inadmissible, and how to overcome convictions:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/index.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/conviction.asp

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
I didnt understand that either. UK police "caution"? Do you mean "to get charged with an offence" or a warning? Very unclear and non-descript.

If you have committed an offence, it will be on your record. When they run checks, it is likely that they will find it. So, I would certainly declare it. Whether it will negatively impact your application is up to the officer and what he determines the weight of the offence to be. Meaning, if its a misdemeanor, it may not necessarily be the end...but if its felony larceny, they may very well be SOL.

Provide more detail and maybe people could respond better.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Winterfox said:
Sorry.. but what exactly r u talking about?
R u a shoplifter who did something in the UK ?
Doesn't look like a post related to this forum. My understanding is that he/she is asking whether shoplifting chargers/convictions would affect chances of British citizens getting visa applications rejected in Canada (do British even need an entry visa?)

Or maybe he's asking for NOC code for shoplifting.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
thisisauser said:
LOL ;D

+1

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
from_mumbai said:
NOC code for shoplifting... hahahahaha
AHAHAHHHHA ... MAN UR HILARIOUS

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thisisauser said:
Doesn't look like a post related to this forum. My understanding is that he/she is asking whether shoplifting chargers/convictions would affect chances of British citizens getting visa applications rejected in Canada (do British even need an entry visa?)

LOL! Here I was trying to be objective....people give him/her a break! We don't know the whole story. It could've been a one-time offence. It could've been food for a baby, it could've been a bone-headed teenage stunt!

Full disclosure: I've never stolen anything, and don't support crime, but we really don't know :-X

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
jaysainath said:
Can any one reply and help out Pls. Many PPL Seems to be wondering and tensed weather they will get visa after uk policce caution for shoplifting/theft .....if any one who has got or refused share about it will increase awareness and one can take informed decisions so kindly share your exepriece
I would say, first, apply for your UK police clearance and find out whether or not it appears in your record. (If there was no conviction, it might not - in that case, no worries.)

jaysainath

Apr 12, 2013
life is not predictable and no one konws what comes ....judging other poerson without back groud is unfair

Q is Shoplifting - only once -genuine mistake- how it can affect canada PR file... is any one from uk applied for workpermit or PR with police caution - is not conviction in uk and covered by ROA 1974 but how it affects immegraton or work visa.. if any once has got inspite of police caution of shoplfting will instill person who is going through delima once can be reformed and can take better decision without fear of refusals....

Request to all who beloinged to uk and got in to such trouble and still got the visa to shed some light pls... your input can make one person to stand on feel again and once can have hope to start new life in canada