+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calling all the aspiring Filipino International Students... Please help...

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Actually that's true, public institutions fare better with PGWP applications and kahit in SP applications in general :) Mahirap kasi maging convincing kung hindi kilala yung school...

Do you want Pharmacy-related talaga yung course? Do you have any back-up options? :)

wandermom

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want it talaga :) my next option is to take nursing/practical nursing. basta 1year program lang muna coz that's all we can afford as of the moment. wala pa rin reply from the schools. sana mkahanap din ako right program for me.

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
From what I've heard saturated na rin kasi talaga ang nursing sa Canada :/ Kahit Canadians mismo ang dami ring nagnunursing... Right now ang alam kong hinahanap talaga nila is Occupational Therapy :)

Good luck in finding a suitable course! I would advise to directly look at the programs they offer to international students, minsan kasi limited lang talaga yung choices mo. I know sa Langara and Kwantlen open to international students lahat ng programs nila. For Douglas, VCC, and BCIT, you'd have to look at their list.

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
hi everyone... =)

a BIG THANKS to all of you guys... this forum helps me a lot and inspires me to have my own successful story... =) got my VISA APPROVED in 15 days... =)

thanks a lot guys! pray and pray and pray... have faith in HIM... he will surely answer our prayers... =)

all the best... God bless us all... =)

excalibur001

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS global, Makati, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2014
LANDED..........
Augus 10 2014
elyxandria said:
hi everyone... =)

a BIG THANKS to all of you guys... this forum helps me a lot and inspires me to have my own successful story... =) got my VISA APPROVED in 15 days... =)

thanks a lot guys! pray and pray and pray... have faith in HIM... he will surely answer our prayers... =)

When do you plan to leave and where will you study and what course?

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
excalibur001 said:
When do you plan to leave and where will you study and what course?
I'm for January intake and might leave on December...
International Business in Red River College (Winnipeg)

wandermom

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elyxandria said:
hi everyone... =)

Happy for you sis! Good luck. Sana ako rin soon. Langara lang ang nag reply that they are PGWP eligible.

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
wandermom said:
Happy for you sis! Good luck. Sana ako rin soon. Langara lang ang nag reply that they are PGWP eligible.
thanks... thanks...
positive vibes lang lagi.... you'll be having your visa soon... best of luck... =)

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
ei congrats to all the successful applicants and for those who are still waiting for their results... be positive... all your visa will be coming soon... have faith... =)

by the way, question lang po.... and advise na rin... kc my visa has been approved last July pero for January intake pa po ako... is it still possible if I will apply for OWP for husband and for my 10month old baby? para if ever kasabay ko na rin po silang aalis on December?

then if possible po, saan ko po ba sila dapat iapply? here in the Philippines or in Vietnam?

My husband is a Vietnamese citizen and still working on board while my baby is a Filipino citizen...

I badly need your advises... Thanks a lot in advance... God bless us all... =)

Venice1508

Jul 4, 2015
Hello guys!

I am new to this thread. I am inquiring on behalf of my boyfriend who is applying for SP for fall2015. I would like to ask how much money does his parents need to show on Bank Certificate? He's admitted to 4 yr Engr @ University of Regina but he was told he needed to provide proof of funding that will cover his entire stay (4yrs). That's going to be lots of $$$ in one bank certificate. Hs's paid CAD 18000 of first yr tuition and currently has CAD 20000 on his parents bank excluding their properties and other assets. This is all what he is waiting for before he lodges his application.

That being said, for those people who already submitted their application. I wonder if you only showed proof of fundings for 1st yr? I just don't want him to get denied with insufficient funds.

Btw, I live in Winnipeg so if you have any questions, you can ask me :)

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
^^on the CIC webpage, it states tuition plus $10,000 for living expenses for a 12 month period, minimum. But for visa approval purposes, I think he really has to show ability to pay full tuition plus support himself while he's out there.

The good news is, he can show several different bank certificates from his sponsor/s

For my application, I presented tuition for two years (the duration of my program) plus over CAD20,000 for living expenses. There are others who said they only submitted for the first year, but personally, I would not risk it.

Venice1508

Jul 4, 2015
Thanks Scorpio,

I appreciate your response, I figured he has $35000 on his bank certificate + 18000 fully paid for his first year. He also presented affidavit of support and properties (car, land, condos, houses) from his parents. Do you think that would be sufficient?

Plus I have one more question, his passport is expiring in 2019 but he couldn't renew it just yet because it needs to be expiring at least in a year to be renewed. Do you think this will affect his visa since its expiring during his stay there? I figured he could always renew it while in Canada

Thanks for all the insight :D

Jacky0024

Feb 27, 2018
Hi guys. Im just new here. I want to apply sp in canada. Can u suggest school na dli at pgwp po. Balak ko sana kumuha ng business ad .Kasi po itutuloy ko ung course q na un, kasi undergrad ako sa pinas... Thanks po