+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calling all the aspiring Filipino International Students... Please help...

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
mangohorse320 said:
Elysanda hi

You mentioned that you want to study post graduate in international business mgt, how long will it take to finish this course?
12 months... =)

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
I'm planning to go for next fall2015, I need to save much much money. It's very diffuclt to have a visa rejection record. By the way, how much should I keep in my bank?

iaaancruz

May 7, 2014
Hi Good day,

I hope you dont mind if i join in in this topic.

I would like to ask for any help with regards to my plan to study in canada, i have insufficient funds and therefore could not pass my requirements as proof of funds is needed in the visa application.

I was supposed to start on Sept 3 this year, but I am unable to submit my visa requirement due to such problem. Can anyone give me a tip on how to overcome this shortage of funds? :( :( :(

Many thanks!! :)

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
iaaancruz said:
Hi Good day,

I would like to ask for any help with regards to my plan to study in canada, i have insufficient funds and therefore could not pass my requirements as proof of funds is needed in the visa application.

I was supposed to start on Sept 3 this year, but I am unable to submit my visa requirement due to such problem. Can anyone give me a tip on how to overcome this shortage of funds? :( :( :(

Apply student loan. Don't your school grant you some funding?

iaaancruz

May 7, 2014
tipsy said:
Apply student loan. Don't your school grant you some funding?
I am not eligible for student loan/funding since I am not a PR or Citizen in Canada. I have been searching for organizations that could help me fund my studies through student loan programs. Since student loan programs has flexible terms (ie 10 years to pay, start paying back after graduation...). However, I dont think I would be able to be granted a loan through a bank,msince banks need collateral, and i dont have that mich asset.

excalibur001

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS global, Makati, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2014
LANDED..........
Augus 10 2014
iamvenus said:
Review program for international nurses yung kinuha ko. It's only for a year pero may work program pa kami after.

Have you decided which school you're applying to?
hello venus san school ka nag apply.. plano ko din kumuha ng course na yan kaso sa bc ako

excalibur001

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2014
LANDED..........
Augus 10 2014
iaaancruz said:
Hi Good day,

helloooo! nag review kasi ako sa niner... and they say na nagpapahiram sila ng pera for the show money and such thing.. you just have to pay with kaso with interest na sya

rb107f

May 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Quick question, meron bang school na they accept IELTS General, like colleges? I plan to enroll sa Seneca or Conestoga.

wandermom

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!

My first time to comment here but I've been reading the posts here for almost a month now. I am planning to apply for SPP by Dec of this year on my own (no assistance from an agency).

Can you suggest a school in Vancouver that's a DLI? Planning to take a Healthcare program specifically Pharmacy Assistant program. I contacted Sprott College (which is a DLI) but unfortunately they are non PGWP eligible institution. I want to be able to apply for PGWP after finishing the said program.

Hope somebody can help me here :)

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
rb107f said:
Quick question, meron bang school na they accept IELTS General, like colleges? I plan to enroll sa Seneca or Conestoga.
Nope, you have to take the IELTS Academic test. But some colleges will accept you without IELTS if you agree to take ESL classes with them pero mas mahal yata yon.

excalibur001

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2014
LANDED..........
Augus 10 2014
wandermom said:
Hi everyone!

My first time to comment here but I've been reading the posts here for almost a month now. I am planning to apply for SPP by Dec of this year on my own (no assistance from an agency).

Can you suggest a school in Vancouver that's a DLI? Planning to take a Healthcare program specifically Pharmacy Assistant program. I contacted Sprott College (which is a DLI) but unfortunately they are non PGWP eligible institution. I want to be able to apply for PGWP after finishing the said program.

i want to help you but i cant post a link

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
wandermom said:
Hi everyone!

That's odd, I'm pretty sure Sprott Shaw is a PGWP eligible institution. Maybe it's your program that won't allow you to be eligible for a PGWP? As far as I know it has to be at least 8 months in duration.

wandermom

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
excalibur001 said:
i want to help you but i cant post a link
can you send me a pm instead? thanks!

humdrumdum said:
That's odd, I'm pretty sure Sprott Shaw is a PGWP eligible institution. Maybe it's your program that won't allow you to be eligible for a PGWP? As far as I know it has to be at least 8 months in duration.
I was also quite surprised to learn that from their (Sprott Shaw) representative here in the Philippines. The program duration is 37 weeks, that's about 9 months, right? Need to find school to apply to that's PGWP eligible. Any suggestion?

Salamat sa reply ninyo sissies :)

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
I think mas okay to verify with Sprott Shaw Canada, kasi kahit sa website nila they are talking about PGWP. And it's a DLI, as fas I know, all DLI's are eligible for PGWP, course-dependent talaga ang PGWP eligibility... :/

I think the only other school offering the exact same program is Vancouver Career College, but for me, less reputable school siya. Kung college talaga hinahanap mo, stick with the more well known ones like BCIT, Kwantlen, Langara, Douglas, and VCC... Pili ka na lang sa programs that they offer kasi at least kung maghahanap ka ng trabaho, kilala yung school.

wandermom

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
humdrumdum said:
I think mas okay to verify with Sprott Shaw Canada, kasi kahit sa website nila they are talking about PGWP. And it's a DLI, as fas I know, all DLI's are eligible for PGWP, course-dependent talaga ang PGWP eligibility... :/

I think the only other school offering the exact same program is Vancouver Career College, but for me, less reputable school siya. Kung college talaga hinahanap mo, stick with the more well known ones like BCIT, Kwantlen, Langara, Douglas, and VCC... Pili ka na lang sa programs that they offer kasi at least kung maghahanap ka ng trabaho, kilala yung school.
I tried inquiring at Sprott Shaw Canada but I was redirected to their office here upon learning I am based in the Ph.

I also inquired at MTICC, they offer the Pharmacy Assistant program but unfortunately they are not PGWP eligible. I also asked if they can suggest a program that is PGWP eligible but the Admission Assistant I communicated with said their College does not qualify for PGWP and that I would want to look at the Public Schools :(

Thank you for the advice sis humdrum. Im still waiting for the reply of the schools you suggested.