+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Called for interview

rami3332

Jun 15, 2020
My wife and kids got citizenship a few months ago. I applied this year and called a few times to expedite and submit a request( since we want to leave on summer break abroad).
I worked in a Canadian university so I submitted that instead of English and I took the citizenship online on March 20th /2024. Why do you think I was called for an interview? is that routine ? random?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
It isn’t random. Interviews happen if an officer:

“needs to verify the applicant’s identity, authenticate photocopies of documents on file with originals that are presented at the interview, and/or obtain information to determine if the requirements for a grant of citizenship have been met, including screening for language ability, if applicable.”

Without more detailed info, we can’t tell you why you were called in for an interview, but my guess would be that they want to verify your language ability.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Don't sweat it. Many candidates get an interview. Used to be 100% of them before covid (myself included), and like for the vast majority, it should be a short meeting where the officer will quickly pass through your documents while having a simple chat, asking routine questions about your life. If you speak French or English so you're able to easily give an answer to "where did you go on your last vacation and did you enjoy it?", you'll be ready to go.

rami3332

Jun 15, 2020
Don't sweat it. Many candidates get an interview. Used to be 100% of them before covid (myself included), and like for the vast majority, it should be a short meeting where the officer will quickly pass through your documents while having a simple chat, asking routine questions about your life. If you speak French or English so you're able to easily give an answer to "where did you go on your last vacation and did you enjoy it?", you'll be ready to go.
Thank you for your kind reply, I did sweat :eek: and was worried about how to prepare for it.

rami3332

Jun 15, 2020
It isn’t random. Interviews happen if an officer:

“needs to verify the applicant’s identity, authenticate photocopies of documents on file with originals that are presented at the interview, and/or obtain information to determine if the requirements for a grant of citizenship have been met, including screening for language ability, if applicable.”

Without more detailed info, we can’t tell you why you were called in for an interview, but my guess would be that they want to verify your language ability.
Thank you for your kind reply. I will get as prepared as possible, will print all the needed documents. Thank you for your time.