+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

lilyy00

Star Member
Sep 11, 2011
madamadam said:
Lilyy

it shouldn't be much longer for you. Our case says "in process" and we have already received a letter stating the visa is ready for issuance. They have not requested an interview or anything. Make sure when you get the notice to send in his passport that you add in the important things that the letter from the embassy doesn't say. You need to put in a cover letter with the applicant's name, address, phone number and Client numbers. Make sure you do this. The letter just says to send in the passport with two photos and gives specifications of the photo size and background but also doesn't say that the applicant's name and date of birth should be on the back of those photos.

I am so relieved I had an immigration lawyer handle the case. I would have found out the hard way otherwise.

Best of luck to all; it seems like there is some kind of push to meet quota as the year draws to an end. I am quite surprised, but definitely NOT complaining. I didn't think we'd see each other until closer to the one year mark after receiving the sponsorship approval letter. Our file was received in Ottawa May 19th and we already have the visa. Just flight details to work out.

I'm so happy and I wish the same happiness for each of you.

Keep us all posted

:p

thanks for your reply :)

i am so confused because in may when i received csq they stated that the application was sent to cairo visa office to be processed then on september 20 he received an email from case processing pilot in ottawa stating that PR application is processed then on my ecas it says that they started processing his application on october 3 so i have 3 different dates now :) we are waiting now for a call or a letter to send his passport to the embassy & i heard that visa issuance takes time :S long process indeed

freshprince60

May 25, 2011
HellooooZ .....is there any news or updates to the (21 Th of January) club??
in my case nothing happened since they requested some documents 2 month ago.
hope we all get good news soon
BEST LUCK 4 ALL

madamadam

Jul 6, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
????
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-11
Doc's Request.
waived
AOR Received.
19-05-11
IELTS Request
What's an IELTS????
File Transfer...
13-05-11
Med's Request
visa approved before expiry of meds, not requested
Med's Done....
16-02-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-10-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-11
LANDED..........
October 29, 2011
lilyy00 said:
thanks for your reply :)

i am so confused because in may when i received csq they stated that the application was sent to cairo visa office to be processed then on september 20 he received an email from case processing pilot in ottawa stating that PR application is processed then on my ecas it says that they started processing his application on october 3 so i have 3 different dates now :) we are waiting now for a call or a letter to send his passport to the embassy & i heard that visa issuance takes time :S long process indeed

Lilyy, The website is behind, it always is. It's only updated on Tuesdays as a rule. Don't worry about what it says on there. I had all the same questions for my immigration lawyer. Once you receive a notice saying your visa is ready for issuance then you are only as far away from completion as you can get your passport, photos and required documents to the embassy.

If they do not state an interview is required, then no interview will be required and if they do not request additional documents then they have all they need. My lawyer assures me that the case is complete.

Now to find a decent courier in Cairo is difficult. My husband called three and the best he could do was FedEx. They only deliver to the embassy on Mondays and Thursdays because they told him that this is the only time that the visa section of the embassy accepts packages. He couldn't get an answer from UPS or DHL. So, his passport and things will be delivered on Monday. The lawyer told us that given there are no additional requests from the embassy, just a letter stating that his visa is ready for issuance means that we will have the visa within the week following the delivery of his passport.

He and I talked and he is coming after Eid. He's already paid for his cow and wants to use this time to say goodbye to his friends and family. He also has a couple of cases to finish or reassign. He's a criminal defense lawyer. We are assured that he will be here by mid-November.

Have you called CIC directly? I have, sometimes you get more direct answers that way. The three modes of communication together can be confusing, so it's better to go straight to the source.

Good luck!

lilyy00

Star Member
Sep 11, 2011
madamadam said:
Lilyy, The website is behind, it always is. It's only updated on Tuesdays as a rule. Don't worry about what it says on there. I had all the same questions for my immigration lawyer. Once you receive a notice saying your visa is ready for issuance then you are only as far away from completion as you can get your passport, photos and required documents to the embassy.

If they do not state an interview is required, then no interview will be required and if they do not request additional documents then they have all they need. My lawyer assures me that the case is complete.

Now to find a decent courier in Cairo is difficult. My husband called three and the best he could do was FedEx. They only deliver to the embassy on Mondays and Thursdays because they told him that this is the only time that the visa section of the embassy accepts packages. He couldn't get an answer from UPS or DHL. So, his passport and things will be delivered on Monday. The lawyer told us that given there are no additional requests from the embassy, just a letter stating that his visa is ready for issuance means that we will have the visa within the week following the delivery of his passport.

He and I talked and he is coming after Eid. He's already paid for his cow and wants to use this time to say goodbye to his friends and family. He also has a couple of cases to finish or reassign. He's a criminal defense lawyer. We are assured that he will be here by mid-November.

Have you called CIC directly? I have, sometimes you get more direct answers that way. The three modes of communication together can be confusing, so it's better to go straight to the source.

Good luck!
yeah i called CIC directly i asked her the same question i asked you but she didn't give me direct answer all what she said is that my application is ok & there is nothing wrong with it ,THAT'S IT.
it is too hard our first year of marriage is all gone :S each one of us in a different continent
hope it doesn't take a year as i also heard that they issue the visa after one year of the medical which in my case will be march 2012 ( 12 months ) as this is the average time for cairo, can't wait 5 more months

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sponsorship Approval 13Jan15, file sent to Cairo
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Not Expected as this is a child sponsorship
sudanese one said:
hi every one yesterday i was asked what is next you don't believe that today i received phone call followed by an e mail they ask for my passport to issuing the visa
good luck every body and pray for it

keep it up
Congrats sudanese. Your process went quick and it means hope for the rest of us. Where will you settle in Canada?

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
madamadam said:
ELHAMDULELLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I got a call from my immigration lawyer. He asked me if I was sitting down

My husband is approved!!!!!!!!!!!

He will be here in two weeks. They waived the interview and everythng!

I'm so excited and I have to clean my whole house in preparation for him OMG, I'm freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats Dominique. I am so happy for you and hubby. I bet you can't wait to get him here. No news on our end yet, we're still anxiously waiting for an email telling us to arrange for passport pickup.

madamadam

Jul 6, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
????
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-11
Doc's Request.
waived
AOR Received.
19-05-11
IELTS Request
What's an IELTS????
File Transfer...
13-05-11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-02-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-10-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-11
LANDED..........
October 29, 2011
sheila la said:
Congrats Dominique. I am so happy for you and hubby. I bet you can't wait to get him here. No news on our end yet, we're still anxiously waiting for an email telling us to arrange for passport pickup.
Hi Sheila! I am assuming that you haven't hear anything since the interview then??

My husband's passport goes in by fedex today. My lawyer says it shouldn't be long and I am very impressed thus far with what amounted to a five month wait. Possibly because my file landed in Ottawa. Your hubby's passport went in on what date? You haven't received it back yet? Let me know because we are busily booking a flight and I don't want to think he'll be able to come only to get caught up in yet another waiting game......

madamadam

Jul 6, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
????
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-11
Doc's Request.
waived
AOR Received.
19-05-11
IELTS Request
What's an IELTS????
File Transfer...
13-05-11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-02-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-10-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-11
LANDED..........
October 29, 2011
Well, it's much better if you get processed before the medicals expire. If it's not done by then, you'd end up having to pay for another expensive round of medical testing. Things seem to be moving along rather suddenly and quickly right now. Maybe it's an end of year quota to fill.......lol. I am concerned because Sheila's husband's passport went in before my husband's and so far as I can tell, it has not been returned yet. Let's all pray for her because since she is the first in this current group, when her file moves, we can expect that ours will follow suit.

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
madamadam said:
Well, it's much better if you get processed before the medicals expire. If it's not done by then, you'd end up having to pay for another expensive round of medical testing. Things seem to be moving along rather suddenly and quickly right now. Maybe it's an end of year quota to fill.......lol. I am concerned because Sheila's husband's passport went in before my husband's and so far as I can tell, it has not been returned yet. Let's all pray for her because since she is the first in this current group, when her file moves, we can expect that ours will follow suit.
Thanks Dominique

My husband left his passport with the VO. He has not yet received approval but we are hopeful he will. They said to contact their office after 10 days if we still have not heard from them. That means this coming Thursday, he will be sending an email if he has not heard. He still has to make arrangements with delivery to get the passport if/when it comes. As I said, we are hopeful.

madamadam

Jul 6, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
????
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-11
Doc's Request.
waived
AOR Received.
19-05-11
IELTS Request
What's an IELTS????
File Transfer...
13-05-11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-02-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-10-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-11
LANDED..........
October 29, 2011
sheila la said:
Thanks Dominique

My husband left his passport with the VO. He has not yet received approval but we are hopeful he will. They said to contact their office after 10 days if we still have not heard from them. That means this coming Thursday, he will be sending an email if he has not heard. He still has to make arrangements with delivery to get the passport if/when it comes. As I said, we are hopeful.
Ahhh, so ten days? I am hopeful that we get ours soon after then. I look forward to see that your husband has landed safely in Canada. I like what you did with the spreadsheet btw, but it appears to need a few updates elhamdulellah!! When is hubby intending on flying to Canada? My husband and I have agreed on mid-November as he would like to be with his family and friends over one last Eid. It looks like around November 18 right now as a tentative date to give him time to arrange to ship his stuff ahead, pack up his place and say seeya to everyone he has to. I can't wait!

Mels

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2010
AOR Received.
21/01/2011
File Transfer...
13/01/2011
Med's Request
28/10/2011
Med's Done....
08/10/2010 and 13/11/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/02/2012
LANDED..........
15/03/2012
Hi freshprince60,

I am still in the same situation as you. We haven't received anything else since they forwarded our file to Ottawa.

We are waiting patiently for some news :'(

~ Melanie

A

ameenah06

Does anybody have an idea as to how much the medical exams cost to do in Egypt?

emadiano

Star Member
Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2011
Interview........
06-02-2012
Passport Req..
2-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013
LANDED..........
10-05-2013
hi ameenah06
the medical in egypt cost between 650 to 750 egyptian pound i make it in egypt but i dont remember how much but as i said its between 650 to 750 hope my answer is useful good luck

emadiano

Star Member
Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2011
Interview........
06-02-2012
Passport Req..
2-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013
LANDED..........
10-05-2013
hello
i thought to inform everyone my timeline
the time we send it was june 14 2011
they deliverd on july 18 2011
they send our approvel letter on octoper 7 2011
and now they said its in canadian embassy in cairo
i hope thats all information you was asking for
thanks for everyone

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.28/2011 approved for sponsorship
File Transfer...
Mar.11/2011 in cairo/started processing ott-pilot Sept.15/11
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Oct.30/2011/ results received Dec.10/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
Does anybody have an idea as to how much the medical exams cost to do in Egypt?

My hubby had two receipts one cost 120 egyptian pounds and the other 600 pounds total of 720egyptian pounds