+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIPS OR GCMS

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
Sorry if this has been covered before. But i am confused about whether the way to apply for them is the same form (link is given below) or are they different

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
GCMS

Click on my signature - its with video instructions and relevant links to the form

varmamech324

Jun 3, 2013
user828 said:
GCMS

Click on my signature - its with video instructions and relevant links to the form
@USER828 :

I want file GCMS to get the proper reasons behind my VISA refusal. I have couple of doubts, can you please help on that.

1. After filling the IMM5744E.pdf file and take printout and sign it and scan again. Do we have to upload this scanned document to Document attachment page? or just fill the details on IMM5744E.pdf file and upload ?

2. I don't have Client ID number. I left that column as empty, There is an another field for File Number, i mentioned there my Visa Application number. Is that okay?

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
varmamech324 said:
@ USER828 :

I want file GCMS to get the proper reasons behind my VISA refusal. I have couple of doubts, can you please help on that.

1. After filling the IMM5744E.pdf file and take printout and sign it and scan again. Do we have to upload this scanned document to Document attachment page? or just fill the details on IMM5744E.pdf file and upload ?

2. I don't have Client ID number. I left that column as empty, There is an another field for File Number, i mentioned there my Visa Application number. Is that okay?
In my refusal letter it mentioned my UCI and Application No., which I'm assuming is the client ID and file no. respectively?

varmamech324

Jun 3, 2013
Kais767 said:
In my refusal letter it mentioned my UCI and Application No., which I'm assuming is the client ID and file no. respectively?
I tried with UCI number as Client ID Number, but its saying its invalid number. The Client ID number should be in format XXX-XXX-XXX some thing like this.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Client ID is 0000-0000
But if you dont have its, its OK, must have file #

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
varmamech324 said:
@ USER828 :

U need to upload the consent form for sure

varmamech324

Jun 3, 2013
user828 said:
U need to upload the consent form for sure
Can you please help me, Which form I have to upload?

IMM5744E this for "Complete this form if you authorize the Access to Information and Privacy(ATIP) Division at Citizenship and Immigration Canada(CIC) to release your personal information to someone other than yourself"

varmamech324

Jun 3, 2013
Proof of Right of Access
To prove that you have the right to make a request, you must provide one of the following documents: a copy of your Canadian passport or your permanent resident card, or an official document that demonstrates you are currently living in Canada (i.e. a driver’s license, bill with proof of address, work/study/visitor permit, etc). Only one (1) document is required. Your Social Insurance Number (SIN) will not be accepted.

Upload document
Before you can proceed, you must attach a Proof of Right of Access document to your online request.

Proof of Right Access : This is Mandatory. we have to upload some document. Please let me know which document should upload. I want to file GCMS note for my refusal.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
varmamech324 said:
Can you please help me, Which form I have to upload?

IMM5744E this for "Complete this form if you authorize the Access to Information and Privacy(ATIP) Division at Citizenship and Immigration Canada(CIC) to release your personal information to someone other than yourself"
IMM5744 = is when the sponsored person is allowing the sponsor ( you ) to request the file info on their behalf. If you are asking for your own file then no issues, no need for this form

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
varmamech324 said:
Proof of Right of Access
To prove that you have the right to make a request, you must provide one of the following documents: a copy of your Canadian passport or your permanent resident card, or an official document that demonstrates you are currently living in Canada (i.e. a driver's license, bill with proof of address, work/study/visitor permit, etc). Only one (1) document is required. Your Social Insurance Number (SIN) will not be accepted.

Upload document
Before you can proceed, you must attach a Proof of Right of Access document to your online request.

Proof of Right Access : This is Mandatory. we have to upload some document. Please let me know which document should upload. I want to file GCMS note for my refusal.
Proof that you have the right to make a request:
Proof may include a copy of your Canadian passport, your permanent resident card, or an official document that demonstrates you are currently living in Canada (i.e. driver’s license, bill with proof of address, or work, study and/or visitor permit).
If you have a mailing address in Canada, you will NOT be required to provide proof.
====================================

If you are in Canada, you don't need to

varmamech324

Jun 3, 2013
user828 said:
Proof that you have the right to make a request:
Proof may include a copy of your Canadian passport, your permanent resident card, or an official document that demonstrates you are currently living in Canada (i.e. driver's license, bill with proof of address, or work, study and/or visitor permit).
If you have a mailing address in Canada, you will NOT be required to provide proof.
====================================

If you are in Canada, you don't need to
I am not in Canada, I applied for TRV at New delhi last month, it got refused. I want to know the exact reason behind the refusal.

Only who are staying in Canada, they only can apply for GCMS Notes?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
varmamech324 said:
I am not in Canada, I applied for TRV at New delhi last month, it got refused. I want to know the exact reason behind the refusal.

Only who are staying in Canada, they only can apply for GCMS Notes?
I guess you didn't read the first rule in the form

To be eligible to make a request under the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act, you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently present in Canada.

But don't bother for trying to see GCMS notes on a refused TRV - it doesn't tell anything and will have the same reason what they wrote on your refusal. Its only worth it for sponsorships etc

1ne

Jul 18, 2013
user828 said:
But don't bother for trying to see GCMS notes on a refused TRV - it doesn't tell anything and will have the same reason what they wrote on your refusal. Its only worth it for sponsorships etc
Really? I can't post link but I will quote it. He found some good info.

kartickstar said:
Dear friend

i got CIAPS /GCMS report but still its very confusing they send information on base of first time iappiled TRV...2nd time i applied they didnt mention the deatil for TRV so how i can judge what is the problem iam attaching with this information regarding what they send to me please reply me so i can apply again 3rd time

travels are limited to UAE where he worked , saving are limited from PA and host , recently large amount in bank statement in PA account , no kids -young , highly mobile ,recently married ,first met spouse is doing POST DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP ,iam not satisfied that applicant would be able to achieve financially sustainability nor am i satisfied that the applicant would return after authorized period of stay . Application refused .

previous : travel SE ASIA other country traveled ,UAE VALID VISA : ,NONE , previous refusal :NONE purpose in Canada : purpose of travel : family travel in Canada : spouse traveling with (not associated to the application ) : spouse financial information :total personal saving 8500 CAD invitor information

this all mention in the report really im confuse they metion both the visa rejection or first visa rejection and what we can do to get visa

thanking u
kartick

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Its only expanded to what they say in the original refusal, if its travel history - its obvious that the applicant knows where he has travelled - what I meant to suggest is that it won't show something "hidden" for what they have already told them