+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BWOP - AUGUST 2015 APPLICANTS ....

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
hars_ptl said:
I just got update via email. but who cares if they send after a week . I m just happy its approved.
HI ,

I have a question for you.
In your GCMS notes, is the eligibility field set to "Passed" ?

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
mhariz_star00 said:
Guys I just share my situation my BOWP was refused last December 3. I apply last Aug. 11 using AOR. The reason was notice of receipt of APR does not constitute Acknowledgement of Reciept because application was still prospective.. What makes me disappointed was they just refused my BOWP without opening my file. I didn't get any update about my application since AOR. Almost 4 months no update at all even medical passed. I can't view also my e-CAS. Very frustrating because we have no more status. We have a new baby and we have no more source of income. We don't have any back up plan coz we are very confident that AOR is enough.. Before my work permit expire my employer apply me for LMIA but he cancel the application when we apply the BOWP coz he is confident also that our application will approved. And now we are planning for next possible step if we apply for LMIA again.
Bud, all i would say is do not appeal without a lawyer. They refused my appeal last week on Nov 30, 2015 stating the law that came into effect on Dec 1, 2015. There is not much you can do about it. After decision on your appeal they will tell you that now your case is closed in entirety. So go see a lawyer at the earliest and ask the lawyer to file for an appeal.

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
hssam said:
It stated

"As a foreign national in Canada you are not eligible to apply document of this type until you receive confirmation that your application for permanent residency is approved in principle."

I have got an acknowledgement via Email and I have obtained BOWP already using that.
The current application was just extension of the previos BOWP. I am not sure what they want.

Guys, Can you plz suggest If I have any other options to appeal or question this decision.
They put the same reason on my GCMS system as well telling CIC call centre agents to tell me that I have to approved in principal for BOWP to be approved. DO NOT File for review without a lawyer. Go see a lawyer and ask him to submit a letter for review asap.

I asked for review and a week later they refused it again. there is not much you can do about them.

georgedy0920

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
T4 & NOA for Y2014, Mar 16, 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Feb 02, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Feb 26, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 9, 2015 MR received on ECAS
Passport Req..
Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
May 1, 2016
hussy74 said:
Bud, all i would say is do not appeal without a lawyer. They refused my appeal last week on Nov 30, 2015 stating the law that came into effect on Dec 1, 2015. There is not much you can do about it. After decision on your appeal they will tell you that now your case is closed in entirety. So go see a lawyer at the earliest and ask the lawyer to file for an appeal.
Hi, sorry to hear that. May I ask a question?
If the BOWP got rejected and person is under the implied status. What is the next step? The person has to quit job right away and leave Canada at the day he received this decision?? I am very nervous about this.. My PGWP just expired and I applied BOWP in Aug and haven't got anything yet. Thank you..

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
georgedy0920 said:
Hi, sorry to hear that. May I ask a question?
If the BOWP got rejected and person is under the implied status. What is the next step? The person has to quit job right away and leave Canada at the day he received this decision?? I am very nervous about this.. My PGWP just expired and I applied BOWP in Aug and haven't got anything yet. Thank you..
That is a very difficult situation. You would have to apply for restoration of status as a temporary resident within 90 days of the expiry of your status as mentioned on the refusal letter. You would not be able to work in such situation. Just call CIC and ask them if you have received positive eligibility assessment on your PR application or not. This is what you would want to do right away. try to get a good agent to tell you this information.

georgedy0920

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Feb 02, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Feb 26, 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
May 1, 2016
hussy74 said:
That is a very difficult situation. You would have to apply for restoration of status as a temporary resident within 90 days of the expiry of your status as mentioned on the refusal letter. You would not be able to work in such situation. Just call CIC and ask them if you have received positive eligibility assessment on your PR application or not. This is what you would want to do right away. try to get a good agent to tell you this information.
I called CIC last week after I noticed the new rule of BOWP, the person in phone said the eligibility not started yet and I should wait. As you mentioned, if CIC send the refusal letter, I still have time to apply for the restoration of status as temporary resident and I dont need to leave Canada right away?(I understand I have to resign the job). Because if in that way, I still can find someone in Canada to do the restoration, otherwise it is too hard to contact if I am in my own country due to expenses and jet lag..

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
georgedy0920 said:
I called CIC last week after I noticed the new rule of BOWP, the person in phone said the eligibility not started yet and I should wait. As you mentioned, if CIC send the refusal letter, I still have time to apply for the restoration of status as temporary resident and I dont need to leave Canada right away?(I understand I have to resign the job). Because if in that way, I still can find someone in Canada to do the restoration, otherwise it is too hard to contact if I am in my own country due to expenses and jet lag..
You have to apply for restoration of status within 90 days of status expiry from within Canada.

georgedy0920

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Feb 02, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Feb 26, 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
May 1, 2016
hussy74 said:
You have to apply for restoration of status within 90 days of status expiry from within Canada.
Ok.. Thank you. But I guess that one wouldn't be too helpful... If you don't mind I ask, how long you been in Canada since CIC rejected your BOWP application? Did your restoration work? Thanks for your information..

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
hussy74 said:
HI Hussy,

How did you apply for a review ?
Can you please help me to know the process ?

moe1360

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
hssam said:
HI Hussy,

How did you apply for a review ?
Can you please help me to know the process ?
Hi hssam,
do you mind if I ask how long have you been working in Canada?
I wonder if the 4 year work permit limitation applies to you.

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
moe1360 said:
Hi hssam,
yes if WP is employer specific. Doesn't matter if it is Open WP. I guess but not sure

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
moe1360 said:
Hi hssam,
HI, I have been working over 4 years on the work permit.
I am not sure but i think the 4 year rule doesn't apply for everyone.
I guess some skilled categories like NOC 0 or NOC A are exempted from the "4 year WP" thingy.

sf1234

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-01-2015
Med's Request
05-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016 RPRF Upfront..: 07-03-2016
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
hssam said:
HI, I have been working over 4 years on the work permit.
I am not sure but i think the 4 year rule doesn't apply for everyone.
I guess some skilled categories like NOC 0 or NOC A are exempted from the "4 year WP" thingy.
The 4 year limit also does not apply if you have an active PR application. From that website under exceptions:

Permanent resident applicants who have received a positive selection decision or approval in principle

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
sf1234 said:
The 4 year limit also does not apply if you have an active PR application. From that website under exceptions:

Permanent resident applicants who have received a positive selection decision or approval in principle
"Approved in Principal" is the main issue. if we had that we wouldnt have been denied the BOWP.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hussy74 said:
"Approved in Principal" is the main issue. if we had that we wouldnt have been denied the BOWP.
do you know what are the y referring to when they say "approved in principle" ?