FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
glowingheart said:
there is a time limit that a foreign worker can be here but the year count starts i think feb 2011
about applying for CEC i think that my case is much closer tobe finalized tan a new application
they requested my meds in march and did them so they have to be in the final BG checks that can take from 1 week to a year ???

what i believe it will happen that they I can close this long chapter before winter

I have never applied for CAIPS when I was going to apply Buffalo closed so i knew everything was on hold

just have patience Ottawa wont be any different than Buffalo its still around 20 guys working in over 5000 files
the only positive is that new applications are on hold so they are not accepting new ones
this will help
hi bro
i just want to know what should i do in this situation
i got medical from buffalo office
and they received but after that i did not receive any ppr till now
but i am eligible for cec category
and my work permit is going to expire in 90 days
pls pls advise

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
Have your employer applied for a lmo?
If not my only sugestion is to wait untill 5 days before your wp expires and apply for a new one
It will be denied cause you dont have the LMO but If you send it by canada post and you have a delivery confirmation that it arrived before your wp expred you are under implyed status so you legaly can stay in canada and work until you get the responce from CIC vergerville

This can be from 60 to 90 days so hopefully befrore the next 6 months you have your ppr

I think its your best shot to remain legaly in canada untill ppr

Hopefully all the ones who did meds before the clousure will get ppr before the end of this month but its always better to have a plan B, C & z

ramcm31

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to CPP-Ottawa????
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-Aug-2011
Doc's Request.
12-June-2013
AOR Received.
31-Oct-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
9-Jan-2012
Med's Request
15-July-2013
Med's Done....
19-July-2013
Passport Req..
22-August-2013
LANDED..........
Currently in canada on work permit
glowingheart said:
Have your employer applied for a lmo?
If not my only sugestion is to wait untill 5 days before your wp expires and apply for a new one
It will be denied cause you dont have the LMO but If you send it by canada post and you have a delivery confirmation that it arrived before your wp expred you are under implyed status so you legaly can stay in canada and work until you get the responce from CIC vergerville

This can be from 60 to 90 days so hopefully befrore the next 6 months you have your ppr

I think its your best shot to remain legaly in canada untill ppr

Hopefully all the ones who did meds before the clousure will get ppr before the end of this month but its always better to have a plan B, C & z
Hi Glowing heart,

But i remember one of the rule in FSW2, your should have a valid work permit, when they grant you Permanent resident status, Right?

Copy & paste from CIC.gc.ca

If you are currently working in Canada on a work permit and
•Your work permit was issued by CIC based on a positive labour market opinion from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC),
•Your work permit is valid when you apply for a permanent resident visa, and
•Your current employer has made an offer to give you a permanent job if your application is successful.

Note: Your work permit must also be valid at the time your permanent resident visa is issued.

nadeem55

Aug 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
15-04-2011
Nomination.....
????
AOR Received.
25-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the initial application to CIO
File Transfer...
20-06-2011 to Buffalo
Med's Request
22-02-2013 from Ottawa
Med's Done....
27-02-2013
Interview........
Wavied :)
Passport Req..
05-04-2013 via Email
VISA ISSUED...
06 May, 2013
LANDED..........
11 May, 2013 Landed Immigrant :)
Hi ramcm31,

Yes, that's true, your work permit should be valid once you get your COPR, so you need to apply for LMO and when VO ask you to submit your renewed work permit, tell them, you're in process of renewal as you will be under implied status which immigration officer consider it, but the outcome of your work permit should be positive otherwise things will be turning on different situation.

I'm also on FSW-2 I applied at April 2011 and file transferred to Buffalo Jun-2011 my last work permit expired at Sep-2011 so extended again and get new work permit from Buffalo within a week for 2 years so I'm good upto May-2014.

Hope for the best and keep your finger crossed & ask suggestion from seniors.

Thanks,
Nadeem

ramcm31

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-Aug-2011
Doc's Request.
12-June-2013
AOR Received.
31-Oct-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
9-Jan-2012
Med's Request
15-July-2013
Med's Done....
19-July-2013
Passport Req..
22-August-2013
LANDED..........
Hi Nadeem,

Do you apply for work permit in Buffalo? Have you got LMO?

Are you in LMO excempted job?

I have to get LMO before applying for work permit & we have to send application to Vegerville, Alberta for workpermit.

Only TRV is processed in Buffalo, Right?

Ram

ramcm31

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-Aug-2011
Doc's Request.
12-June-2013
AOR Received.
31-Oct-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
9-Jan-2012
Med's Request
15-July-2013
Med's Done....
19-July-2013
Passport Req..
22-August-2013
LANDED..........
rajjj said:
hi bro
i just want to know what should i do in this situation
i got medical from buffalo office
and they received but after that i did not receive any ppr till now
but i am eligible for cec category
and my work permit is going to expire in 90 days
pls pls advise
Raj,

Dont waste even a single day, its expensive.

Request your HR to start advertising for your position now in JOBBANK.GC.CA & in local classifieds.

After 2 weeks, Request your HR again to apply for LMO. Meanwhile you need not wait for it.

Start today and apply for workpermit for you & applicable permit for your family members. You can do it online.

When you get your positive LMO upload it online.

If you really act fast you should get your workpermit hopefully in next 3-4 months.

Good luck.

PR2012

Star Member
May 14, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Oct-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Original doc
AOR Received.
10-Jan-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Original doc
File Transfer...
15-Feb-2012
Med's Request
08-Aug-2013
Med's Done....
11-Aug-2013
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
5-oct-2013
LANDED..........
11-oct-2013
Ram,
if you are already eligible for cec, why don't you think of applying that as well. I got my cec eligibility recently and seriously thinking about cec in next few days.. FSW category is really frustrating. And yes, we need to shell out the extra dollars!
How good it would be if the FSW applications gets automatically converted to CEC as soon as the applicant becomes eligible? ?Unfortunately, its not the case!!

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
ramcm31 said:
Hi Glowing heart,

But i remember one of the rule in FSW2, your should have a valid work permit, when they grant you Permanent resident status, Right?

Copy & paste from CIC.gc.ca

If you are currently working in Canada on a work permit and
•Your work permit was issued by CIC based on a positive labour market opinion from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC),
•Your work permit is valid when you apply for a permanent resident visa, and
•Your current employer has made an offer to give you a permanent job if your application is successful.

Note: Your work permit must also be valid at the time your permanent resident visa is issued.
every thing you say is true
but there are many people that cant get a lmo cause the size of the company they work for etc...
so this way it will give him him time
when he gets his visa an lands his wp might be expired and but will be in iomplyed status

another option is to go to some of those employers that have open LMO i remember seeing a post here for a job somewhere in central alberta

ramcm31

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-Aug-2011
Doc's Request.
12-June-2013
AOR Received.
31-Oct-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
9-Jan-2012
Med's Request
15-July-2013
Med's Done....
19-July-2013
Passport Req..
22-August-2013
LANDED..........
PR2012 said:
Ram,
if you are already eligible for cec, why don't you think of applying that as well. I got my cec eligibility recently and seriously thinking about cec in next few days.. FSW category is really frustrating. And yes, we need to shell out the extra dollars!
How good it would be if the FSW applications gets automatically converted to CEC as soon as the applicant becomes eligible? ?Unfortunately, its not the case!!
Hi,
Yes i am eligible for cec, but first i thought FSW would be the fastest way to get PR. No one expected this huge backlog, buffalo closing, file transfer etc.

Rightnow i have work permit valid until march 2013. Even if i apply under cec now, i dont think i would get before march 2013. Money is secondary. But we have to write Ielts again. Its pain in the _ss.

My HR started LMO process this week, so that i can get workpermit extension.

As Glowing heart mentioned, Let the summer vacation completes. Starting september we can see some movements in the file.

Also i have applied for caips notes, which i believe to come back during end of this month.

Lets see..

yosemite

Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2012
AOR Received.
November 13, 2012
Med's Request
March 29, 2013, RPRF and BIODATA request - April 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 8, 2013 Recd by CPP-O on April 22, 2013, Ecas updated to meds recd on April 30, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14, 2013 ( Ecas showed DM on May 5, 2013),PP reached CPPO on May 17 and returned on June 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 3, 2013
LANDED..........
June 22, 2013
ramcm31 said:
Hi,
Yes i am eligible for cec, but first i thought FSW would be the fastest way to get PR. No one expected this huge backlog, buffalo closing, file transfer etc.

Rightnow i have work permit valid until march 2013. Even if i apply under cec now, i dont think i would get before march 2013. Money is secondary. But we have to write Ielts again. Its pain in the _ss.

My HR started LMO process this week, so that i can get workpermit extension.

As Glowing heart mentioned, Let the summer vacation completes. Starting september we can see some movements in the file.

Also i have applied for caips notes, which i believe to come back during end of this month.

Lets see..
The processing time for CEC is 10 months..thats what the AORs state...but most of the cases as per the tracker are processed in 6-8 months. Today, i emailed ottawa about my FSW application and got a std reply that my application is in process and no further action is required from my side..so the wait coninues...i have filed CEC in June and waiting for an aor now...

ramcm31

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-Aug-2011
Doc's Request.
12-June-2013
AOR Received.
31-Oct-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
9-Jan-2012
Med's Request
15-July-2013
Med's Done....
19-July-2013
Passport Req..
22-August-2013
LANDED..........
yosemite said:
The processing time for CEC is 10 months..thats what the AORs state...but most of the cases as per the tracker are processed in 6-8 months. Today, i emailed ottawa about my FSW application and got a std reply that my application is in process and no further action is required from my side..so the wait coninues...i have filed CEC in June and waiting for an aor now...
Hi yosemite,

Do you strongly recommend me to apply under CEC? Can we apply for both at the same time.

I have more than 2 yrs experience in canada, But not continuous, i had a break of 4 months. Can i still apply?

Did u wrote your IELTS again? I wrote my IELTS on Dec 2010. hope is still valid. How can i order a original copy of that certificate? beacuse i got one that i sent with FSW application?

Ram

yosemite

Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2012
AOR Received.
November 13, 2012
Med's Request
March 29, 2013, RPRF and BIODATA request - April 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 8, 2013 Recd by CPP-O on April 22, 2013, Ecas updated to meds recd on April 30, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14, 2013 ( Ecas showed DM on May 5, 2013),PP reached CPPO on May 17 and returned on June 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 3, 2013
LANDED..........
June 22, 2013
ramcm31 said:
Hi yosemite,

Do you strongly recommend me to apply under CEC? Can we apply for both at the same time.

Yes, you can apply for both at the same time...to file for CEC or not is your call...but i would suggest you to.

I have more than 2 yrs experience in canada, But not continuous, i had a break of 4 months. Can i still apply?

You can apply if you have completed 2 years of exp - before plus after the break.

Did u wrote your IELTS again? I wrote my IELTS on Dec 2010. hope is still valid. How can i order a original copy of that certificate? beacuse i got one that i sent with FSW application?

IELTS is valid for 2 years..so urs shold be valid till Dec 2012..you can ask them to send you another copy of your earlier exam results. I had collected 2 copies in original of my IELTS exam results..so i sent the second copy with my CEC app. Hope this helps.

Ram

nadeem55

Aug 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
15-04-2011
Nomination.....
????
AOR Received.
25-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the initial application to CIO
File Transfer...
20-06-2011 to Buffalo
Med's Request
22-02-2013 from Ottawa
Med's Done....
27-02-2013
Interview........
Wavied :)
Passport Req..
05-04-2013 via Email
VISA ISSUED...
06 May, 2013
LANDED..........
11 May, 2013 Landed Immigrant :)
Hi ramcm31,

I'm having a different case, yes my job needs LMO in order to get work permit, well after my first work permit which expires and my employer tried to get second LMO for work permit extension which was refuse as she didn't advertise properly, anyway meanwhile my work permit expired but I lodge an application to extend my stay as visitor & I was given visitor record for other 6 months, meantime my employer again advertise and got a positive LMO, now while living on Visitor status I applied to Buffalo and get letter within a week for WP, I gone out of Canada to Niagara POE and got work permit renewed for another 2 years even though my employer only ask for 12 month :)

Please update me if you need any information from me.
Thanks,
Nadeem

ramcm31

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-Aug-2011
Doc's Request.
12-June-2013
AOR Received.
31-Oct-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
9-Jan-2012
Med's Request
15-July-2013
Med's Done....
19-July-2013
Passport Req..
22-August-2013
LANDED..........
nadeem55 said:
Hi ramcm31,

I'm having a different case, yes my job needs LMO in order to get work permit, well after my first work permit which expires and my employer tried to get second LMO for work permit extension which was refuse as she didn't advertise properly, anyway meanwhile my work permit expired but I lodge an application to extend my stay as visitor & I was given visitor record for other 6 months, meantime my employer again advertise and got a positive LMO, now while living on Visitor status I applied to Buffalo and get letter within a week for WP, I gone out of Canada to Niagara POE and got work permit renewed for another 2 years even though my employer only ask for 12 month :)

Please update me if you need any information from me.
Thanks,
Nadeem
Hi,

Now its sounds clear. But is POE is port of entry? do u need US visa to that? Last time i applied Vegerville alberta thru online application. It took almost 2 full months.

Can we get work permit at port of entry? I remember i got one when i came for the very first time at toronto airport. Can we go into toronto airport for the same?

Ram

ramcm31

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-Aug-2011
Doc's Request.
12-June-2013
AOR Received.
31-Oct-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
9-Jan-2012
Med's Request
15-July-2013
Med's Done....
19-July-2013
Passport Req..
22-August-2013
LANDED..........
Rightnow, My biggest worry is get a positive LMO to extend my work permit.

Meantime, this month end or so , i will get my caips notes to really understand what is the position of application, where it stands, selection decision done or not etc

If nothing seems to be positive, let me think of applying for CEC.

Ram