+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing down

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
liwei8759 said:
Yes I am sorry my AOR email came in on Mar 15. MR came in somewhere in early April and the results were received by them and updated on ecas "Medical results have been received." somewhere between late April and early May. Does the ecas status always change from "application received" to "in progress" and having "we started processing your application on XXXX" added to it, or it doesn't necessarily do it? I applied under the International Graduate stream with NSPNP, should I be worried that I don't have "in progress" in my ecas?

Thank you buddy for the response.
IF your ECAS shows in process, that is ok, take it. If not, no worry either. ECAS not always timely reflects the true status, compared to GCMS. Do not ask what GCMS is, google it.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Re: BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing dow

Smilelily said:
Thank you for your suggestion, Sharuu. You are really nice. How do you send the application form? By mail or email? Which way is faster? Also, does it help to update my employment status? Thanks.
For GCMS notes, you email the form. In regard to your employment status, its upto you, if you do send it they might look at your file.

Smilelily

Aug 13, 2012
Re: BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing dow

bkd1969 said:
Smilelily,

if your ECAS says your application received in April 2012, (not 20111 !!!), you have not applied for 16 months, just 4 months, UNLESS your ECAS says it is April 2011.
Sorry, typo. application received in April 2011.

rsysha

Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
apr/2011
AOR Received.
aug/2011
Med's Request
sep/2011
Med's Done....
oct/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug,2012
I am in batch "july 7th" case. I might got wrong on this the "July" batch case had benn dealed with the same or group of officer. If buffalo will handle almost of cases during a year. They probably assign certain percentage of workload to each person or group( I think it was a 3-5 group). I requested GCMS notes on July 12th, but I accidently checked "Physical " copy case. I got E-mail from them that they said they can not find my file which CIC officer told me it got transferred at July 7th (A Saturday). Hope that is the last batch reached buffalo.

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
another day goes by......

not much action today...

3 months my file is In Process now with CPP-Ottawa.

wish everyone best of luck!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

suduko said:
another day goes by......

not much action today...

3 months my file is In Process now with CPP-Ottawa.

wish everyone best of luck! y
When did your file come to Ottawa? Getting GCMS anytime soon?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

I know its tough to wait, but I dont think we will hear before Sept-Oct atleast!

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012

sharuu said:
I know its tough to wait, but I dont think we will hear before Sept-Oct atleast!

yes I agree...september october has to be the realistic timeline for you but for me, I am thinking of January-February....

next month it will be 12 months for me and processing time is 15 months.

i will apply for notes next month...to early I think to have fair bit of idea.

my status is in process since may 17 and medical result received appeared afterwards in June. AOR was in February so definitely in process didnt happen due to AOR.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

suduko said:
yes I agree...september october has to be the realistic timeline for you but for me, I am thinking of January-February....

next month it will be 12 months for me and processing time is 15 months.

i will apply for notes next month...to early I think to have fair bit of idea.

my status is in process since may 17 and medical result received appeared afterwards in June. AOR was in February so definitely in process didnt happen due to AOR.
I think when you will get your GCMS you should see eligiblity being passed, thats why the in process. Hopefully, the queue isnt long for you and shall hear something soon!

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012

sharuu said:
I think when you will get your GCMS you should see eligiblity being passed, thats why the in process. Hopefully, the queue isnt long for you and shall hear something soon!

does that mean I have passed all the checks Sharu? like Criminality and Security? if yes then why they keep applicants wait? doesnt that cause them issues too by having lots of backlog for no reason.

or it could be that Criminality is passed and Security is in progress......my question really is, it must be something pending for people in process to wait for PPR. isnt it?

Smilelily

Aug 13, 2012

sharuu said:
For GCMS notes, you email the form. In regard to your employment status, its upto you, if you do send it they might look at your file.
Sharuu,

It is my first time to request GCMS notes. Do you know what the 'Privacy Act' does? I just sent out my request with 'Access to Information' selected but I am not sure whether it is right or not.

Smilelily

Aug 13, 2012

sharuu said:
I asked my adviser for the BCPNP program and he said that my program didn't require a job offer. But my friends who got their PPR a long time ago suggested me to update my employment status. I am hesitated to do it because it may slow down my application process. So I am really confused now...

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

suduko said:
does that mean I have passed all the checks Sharu? like Criminality and Security? if yes then why they keep applicants wait? doesnt that cause them issues too by having lots of backlog for no reason.

or it could be that Criminality is passed and Security is in progress......my question really is, it must be something pending for people in process to wait for PPR. isnt it?
Tell me about it, all my checks are done but I have been waiting for long.. There is a backlog that is why they are not getting your files completed. Your file is just in a queue, until the VO doesnt get to it, it wont get processed. When you contact Ottawa they say its in process, well the reality is they cant tell you either when it will get processed as it depends upon the visa officer.

There is nothing we can do than wait..

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

Smilelily said:
Sharuu,

It is my first time to request GCMS notes. Do you know what the 'Privacy Act' does? I just sent out my request with 'Access to Information' selected but I am not sure whether it is right or not.
Access to Information act for that you need to pay $5. You also need to attach a document showing you currently reside in canada, like a work permit.

Smilelily

Aug 13, 2012

sharuu said:
Access to Information act for that you need to pay $5. You also need to attach a document showing you currently reside in canada, like a work permit.
Thanks. I paid $5 online but I am just not sure about how to fill the form IMM5563. Should I select 'Privacy Act' in addition to 'Access to Information Act' or only select 'Access to Information Act' is fine? I am worried about making mistakes...