Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2013
LANDED..........
waiting
Re: BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closidownbe

sharuu said:
Not true, he is bound by his employer if he used that letter to extend the work permit. If you have a work permit which allows only to work for a particular employer then you can only for that employer. In regard to them asking for a reference letter, well Ottawa hasnt been doing it but they might ask for additional documents, if needed.
I think I'm bound to my employer but I don't know because when I applied to Buffalo I had an open work permit.

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
Re: BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closidownbe

sharuu said:
Not true, he is bound by his employer if he used that letter to extend the work permit. If you have a work permit which allows only to work for a particular employer then you can only for that employer. In regard to them asking for a reference letter, well Ottawa hasnt been doing it but they might ask for additional documents, if needed.
First I must admit I don't know much about this. So I am trying to rationalize the process. As I said if he has a valid status, how can it be a problem? For example if he doesn't work for that company, his close work permit will be invalid. Now assume somehow he has a valid status (getting another job). How this will impact his pr processing, SINP already approved his eligibility. Does it printed anywhere that you have to work for the same company until you get PR?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
lilbabu said:
I think most of the November files got transferred around March or April. I sent an email to Buffalo in early April and was informed that my file was transferred to Ottawa. And a month later I got AOR.
You are confusing two things here.. Post September Applicants applied to Buffalo got their files transferred to Ottawa for their entire file being processed at Ottawa. You guys arent the same cases as pre sept applicants are. Pre Sept applicants got aor from ottawa but their file was all processed at buffalo and just because of buffalo closing got transferred. You guys were transferred to ottawa even before aor was issued and stayed there.

Therefore, you guys along with 2012 applicants are ahead of pre sept 2011 applicants and should be getting ppr before us!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

curt_cobain said:
First I must admit I don't know much about this. So I am trying to rationalize the process. As I said if he has a valid status, how can it be a problem? For example if he doesn't work for that company, his close work permit will be invalid. Now assume somehow he has a valid status (getting another job). How this will impact his pr processing, SINP already approved his eligibility. Does it printed anywhere that you have to work for the same company until you get PR?
His closed work permit expires or he doesnt work for the company, what is his status on the country? If he doesnt work for the company who sponsored his PNP, his PNP becomes invalid and he used his PNP certifiate to apply for federal that becomes void.

I read somewhere you need to work with the same employer until you get PR.

masteros

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Nomination.....
15-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
12-04-2012
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
09-03-2012
Interview........
without enterview
Passport Req..
01-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2012
sharuu said:
You are confusing two things here.. Post September Applicants applied to Buffalo got their files transferred to Ottawa for their entire file being processed at Ottawa. You guys arent the same cases as pre sept applicants are. Pre Sept applicants got aor from ottawa but their file was all processed at buffalo and just because of buffalo closing got transferred. You guys were transferred to ottawa even before aor was issued and stayed there.

Therefore, you guys along with 2012 applicants are ahead of pre sept 2011 applicants and should be getting ppr before us!
thats true its the same thing for me , i get aor and med from ottawa on march 2012 after that my physical file was returned to Ottawa on april

lilbabu

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2011
AOR Received.
27-04-2012
Med's Request
27-04-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
06-10-2012
sharuu said:

Maybe I am wrong, but i am pretty sure my cheque got cashed in Buffalo as that was what I was told by my bank. On the other hand I don't think we are the same as 2012 applicants as you can see they get AOR and PPRs before us.

But I agree that pre-september applicants have a tough time as Ottawa should've put you guys as priority instead of 2012 applicants. Either way, post september 2011 applicants will get their PPRs at about the same time as we are just not in the front of the line.

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
lilbabu said:
Maybe I am wrong, but i am pretty sure my cheque got cashed in Buffalo as that was what I was told by my bank. On the other hand I don't think we are the same as 2012 applicants as you can see they get AOR and PPRs before us.

But I agree that pre-september applicants have a tough time as Ottawa should've put you guys as priority instead of 2012 applicants. Either way, post September 2011 applicants will get their PPRs at about the same time as we are just not in the front of the line.

I am a post September 1st applicant.

My AOR from Ottawa clearly mentioned that my file is in Buffalo but Ottawa is just helping to process it. Tat means at least physically the file was in Buffalo.....perhaps electronically it got transferred to Ottawa and then later on near June July, physical transfer happened.

I think whoever applied to Sydney directly is far ahead. No matter which month you applied to Buffalo, you are bound to have a slow fate.

lilbabu

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2011
AOR Received.
27-04-2012
Med's Request
27-04-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
06-10-2012
suduko said:
I am a post September 1st applicant.

My AOR from Ottawa clearly mentioned that my file is in Buffalo but Ottawa is just helping to process it. Tat means at least physically the file was in Buffalo.....perhaps electronically it got transferred to Ottawa and then later on near June July, physical transfer happened.

I think whoever applied to Sydney directly is far ahead. No matter which month you applied to Buffalo, you are bound to have a slow fate.
I totally agree! Only thing we can do now is to wait. Hope it comes soon though.

csqmjj

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo , Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
JUST TO SAY
MY FILE HAS BEEN ARRIVED THEIR THE LAST DAY OF NOVOMBER SO, ONE DAY AFTER THEY STARTED REFUSING FILES AT BUFFALO

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
27 March, 2013......:D
VISA ISSUED...
27 March, 2013........:D
LANDED..........
17 April, 2013............:D
csqmjj said:
JUST TO SAY
MY FILE HAS BEEN ARRIVED THEIR THE LAST DAY OF NOVOMBER SO, ONE DAY AFTER THEY STARTED REFUSING FILES AT BUFFALO
Hi

I am also QSW. Just wanted to know if they have given u any new
brought forward date or due date??????????

There is no file transfer date mentioned in ur GCMS notes?????

I am also QSW. Applied on 16 Nov,2011. Nearly, 15 days difference
between u and me.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
For transferred dates, if your file is already in ottawa you will not see a transfer. Check for primary VO - if its ottawa you are all good!

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
csqmjj said:
JUST TO SAY
yep I think from Dec 1 Buffalo stopped accepting files.

what can you do mate....it was nothing wrong from your side.....I think CIC just dropped the ball here when they gave preference to CIO files....highly unacceptable no matter what you say....Buffalo transferees should be utmost priority because they were supposed to be ahead in queue

feels like super market when all of a sudden the cash counter closed and people made a queue at other counter which was all empty..... :-\

lilbabu

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2011
AOR Received.
27-04-2012
Med's Request
27-04-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
06-10-2012
suduko said:
yep I think from Dec 1 Buffalo stopped accepting files.

what can you do mate....it was nothing wrong from your side.....I think CIC just dropped the ball here when they gave preference to CIO files....highly unacceptable no matter what you say....Buffalo transferees should be utmost priority because they were supposed to be ahead in queue

feels like super market when all of a sudden the cash counter closed and people made a queue at other counter which was all empty..... :-\
Supermarket...hahaha, what a metaphor, that's exactly what it is! I am very disappointed at the way that they handled this chaos, they really should have everybody in the office working on the Buffalo files.

dothk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo--> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-28-2011
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
27-09-2011
Passport Req..
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2012
LANDED..........
01-09-2012

sharuu said:
His closed work permit expires or he doesnt work for the company, what is his status on the country? If he doesnt work for the company who sponsored his PNP, his PNP becomes invalid and he used his PNP certifiate to apply for federal that becomes void.

I read somewhere you need to work with the same employer until you get PR.
Yea, I think Sharuu is right. you have to work for the same employer till it is finalized.

when I got help from the MP, the AINP office contacted me and checked my work status. They wanted to make sure I was still working for the same employer.

chimbombo

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ---> CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2011
Nomination.....
02-04-2011
AOR Received.
30-08-2011
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
15-09-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2013
LANDED..........
waiting

dothk said:
Yea, I think Sharuu is right. you have to work for the same employer till it is finalized.

when I got help from the MP, the AINP office contacted me and checked my work status. They wanted to make sure I was still working for the same employer.
Well I contacted SINP. I asked what happened if I get laid off. They answered the following.

If you get laid off you will have to provide SINP with a new job offer
so that we can do a revision to your nomination.

The problem is getting the new job offer.