+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo - 2nd AOR between 15th April to 15th May

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smallduck said:
I just want to share my experience here
When I tried to find a job in Canada, the trickiest part for is "Canadian experience". I don't mind declare me as a PR when applying for a job, but without any Canadian experience, it's hard to find a dream job. So if I could "voluntarily' do something in Canada, I can count that time period as "experience".
oh yeah... smallduck reminded me another experience. as i told you in my previous post my wife came to canada and was trying to find a job... she couldnt able to find one related to her experience as every company she attended for interview asking for 'Canadian Experience'. then she realized the importance of having Canadian experience, she joined as a volunteer (unpaid worker, for those wondering what this volunteering means) in Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA). this is an organization to help people with mental disorder. she used to work few hours a day and prepare for interviews and certifications.
to be honest with you guys, the work she was given there was to stick symbols on envelopes, opening a stall in functions and inviting memeber to join CMHA organization to help people etc etc... i understood the pain she undergone those days.. but they all paid off when she got a job in an IT co as a Quality Consultant for very low salary (to get started the career). and trust me she used to get more than that in India even after converting CAD to INR. good thing here is she likes the job and she is still with the same company. she reminded me that the appreciation you get here when working is very good than working under managers in India. no offense just my say

you may think that going to volunteering is easy, but its not. for this you have to go to a nearest provincial service center, enroll urself there, provide your fingerprints, get criminal record check done. then they will list ur name and they will call you if they have an "opening" for volunteering in any volunteer center. this is the process in SaintJohn, Moncton cities in NB province. not sure about other provinces.

i know so many people who are desperate to do this volunteering just to get the experience certificate and move from there on.

this is a good place to start if at all you are searching for a job and want to earn some Canadian experience certificate at the same time because these types or organizations doesnt expect you to work full time there. the best part here is the certificate they provide you doesnt mention that u worked only for these many hours or does this job like that. also this will vary from each volunteering center.

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
balu0427 said:
oh yeah... smallduck reminded me another experience. as i told you in my previous post my wife came to canada and was trying to find a job... she couldnt able to find one related to her experience as every company she attended for interview asking for 'Canadian Experience'. then she realized the importance of having Canadian experience, she joined as a volunteer (unpaid worker, for those wondering what this volunteering means) in Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA). this is an organization to help people with mental disorder. she used to work few hours a day and prepare for interviews and certifications.
to be honest with you guys, the work she was given there was to stick symbols on envelopes, opening a stall in functions and inviting memeber to join CMHA organization to help people etc etc... i understood the pain she undergone those days.. but they all paid off when she got a job in an IT co as a Quality Consultant for very low salary (to get started the career). and trust me she used to get more than that in India even after converting CAD to INR. good thing here is she likes the job and she is still with the same company. she reminded me that the appreciation you get here when working is very good than working under managers in India. no offense just my say

you may think that going to volunteering is easy, but its not. for this you have to go to a nearest provincial service center, enroll urself there, provide your fingerprints, get criminal record check done. then they will list ur name and they will call you if they have an "opening" for volunteering in any volunteer center. this is the process in SaintJohn, Moncton cities in NB province. not sure about other provinces.

i know so many people who are desperate to do this volunteering just to get the experience certificate and move from there on.

this is a good place to start if at all you are searching for a job and want to earn some Canadian experience certificate at the same time because these types or organizations doesnt expect you to work full time there. the best part here is the certificate they provide you doesnt mention that u worked only for these many hours or does this job like that. also this will vary from each volunteering center.
Thanks balu0427 for the valuable information ;). I don't know that there will be a CERTIFICATE for WORKING EXPERIENCE, it sounds just ridiculous for me =)). Anyway, it's kinds of requirements, so I'll get at least one before applying for any job in Canada :D

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Aug 18, 2010 to LA office
Med's Request
On Sep 30, e-cas "IN PROCESS" since Sep 22
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
Hmm!! life is like that.. now canadian experience!!!

Thank you guys for your updates. But where is my medical req?

Hey Smallduck, you paid 550$ for your medical... I though that you paid more than average. Now I know why it costed you more!!! ;D

G

gte439u

smallduck said:
Thanks balu0427 for the valuable information ;). I don't know that there will be a CERTIFICATE for WORKING EXPERIENCE, it sounds just ridiculous for me =)). Anyway, it's kinds of requirements, so I'll get at least one before applying for any job in Canada :D
I think that many should consider enrolling on a college or university certificate or diploma when they get to Canada. Many education institutions have programs during the night or the weekend, so you can have a survival job during the day. Moreover, many programs have working components to gain practical experience. In as little as 6 months, you'll have a Canadian educational credential, and, if you have P.R., you'll not have to pay the tuition for foreign nationals.

adnantahir

Sep 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 15, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 21, 2010
AOR Received.
November 10, 2010
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
File Transfer...
Trnsferred to Buffalo Office on March 17, 2010
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
waiting
WHat if you have worked in US. D employer in Canada cosider this equilant to Canadian job experience??.

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adnantahir said:
WHat if you have worked in US. D employer in Canada cosider this equilant to Canadian job experience??.
i would say NO. i will tell you why.. have you see the website for London Olympics and the dos and donts for its security personal release by govt of UK. in that they have mentioned that never call a Canadian as an American... as they both alike (in terms of color) people gets confused.. but no Canadian wants him to call as an American. In Canada, experience they mainly take into consideration is working with Canadian employers, but working in US is definitely a plus compared to people who worked in other than north american countries.

but i would say the work culture is quite diff than the one u see in US. this is purely my opinion, no offense

G

gte439u

adnantahir said:
I think that experience in the U.S. can actually be an advantage depending on your field of employement. If you are in a sector that trades with the U.S., you will find yourself more recruited in Canada.

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
Twilight871 said:
Hmm!! life is like that.. now canadian experience!!!

Thank you guys for your updates. But where is my medical req?

Hey Smallduck, you paid 550$ for your medical... I though that you paid more than average. Now I know why it costed you more!!! ;D
Yeap I know it's more than average, but I don't know why. I called several DMP around and the cheaper one cost me another 2 hours driving, I don't have luxury 4 hours on a normal weekday :D.

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
balu0427 said:
i would say NO. i will tell you why.. have you see the website for London Olympics and the dos and donts for its security personal release by govt of UK. in that they have mentioned that never call a Canadian as an American... as they both alike (in terms of color) people gets confused.. but no Canadian wants him to call as an American. In Canada, experience they mainly take into consideration is working with Canadian employers, but working in US is definitely a plus compared to people who worked in other than north american countries.

but i would say the work culture is quite diff than the one u see in US. this is purely my opinion, no offense
Howe different? can you explain a little bit more?

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
balu0427 said:

Canadian employer pref experience from US and Canada compared to rest of the world, but for jobs which are specific to Canadian legal system i.e. Tax, legal system, they want you to have little of Canadian experience or knowledge of law applied to your field. Calling a Canadian American is a different thing then work experience.

D

deepi

mr. verma plz reply me if u have any idea i have 18 months exp. from india my lawyer use my current six month exp. here from canada now i am on work permit and he claim for two year exp but i have little doubt in my mind bcoz after 18 month exp. from india i complete i year study here from canada now i am on wp my lawyer use my current 6 month exp. is this ok seniors plz reply Shocked Shocked

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
deepi said:
mr. verma plz reply me if u have any idea i have 18 months exp. from india my lawyer use my current six month exp. here from canada now i am on work permit and he claim for two year exp but i have little doubt in my mind bcoz after 18 month exp. from india i complete i year study here from canada now i am on wp my lawyer use my current 6 month exp. is this ok seniors plz reply Shocked Shocked
You may get answer to your question in this thread but to have more response start a new thread with suitable subject.