+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bryanna HELP!! TRV refusal

Maria123

Apr 20, 2017
Hey Bryanna!!

I applied for my TRV visit visa on 11th April through online application from United States. Today on 29th April, I got a reply that my application was refused. For the reasons mentioned below:

Other reasons: You have not submitted sufficient evidence of your ties to, or status, in the U.S. such as a copy of
your US visa, entry stamp, valid and current I-20/I-797/DS-2019 form. This evidence is required.

I did not attach the I-20 since i was suppose to be issued a new one from the university and the present i-20 was ending on April 30th, 2017. But i did attach everything else that was applicable. I do have the new I-20 now. The only catch is that i have been previously refused a TRV for study permit in March 2016 in Canada. Due to which I am thinking if i should reapply or not? please suggest what i can do in this situation and how i should go about it. Your insight will be great help for me. Is there anyway i can appeal this case or do i have to start a new case from the scratch.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

The appeal process is very expensive with little chances of being successful.... as it is difficult to prove that the visa officer had erred in his/her assessment. Your option would be to reapply if your circumstances have changed or if you have overcome the refusal reasons.

1. What was the purpose of your visit? And for how long?

2. Do share the list of documents which you had submitted

3. How long have you been in the US?

4. What were the refusal reasons for your Canada study permit?

Cheers

Maria123

Apr 20, 2017
Bryanna said:
Hi,

The appeal process is very expensive with little chances of being successful.... as it is difficult to prove that the visa officer had erred in his/her assessment. Your option would be to reapply if your circumstances have changed or if you have overcome the refusal reasons.

1. What was the purpose of your visit? And for how long?

2. Do share the list of documents which you had submitted

3. How long have you been in the US?

4. What were the refusal reasons for your Canada study permit?

Cheers

1) The purpose of my visit was Tourism during my summer break for 10 days in British Columbia.

2) I submitted scanned copies of visas and stamps on my passport as a proof that i am currently studying in US on a student visa. I also attached a letter from my university stating that i am a student in their University in the MBA program that started from January 2017 and am expected to finish my degree in the fall of 2019.
Apart from that i did attached a hotel booking for my itinerary and other documents proving my financial strength.

3) 4 Months (as my semester started on 2nd January)

4) You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:
1) family ties in Canada and in country
2) purpose of visit
3) current employment situation

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. Was there any other reason why you want to visit apart from tourism?

2. Do you have family in Canada?

Maria123

Apr 20, 2017
Not at all, i have some friends in Seattle so we planned a road trip to Vancouver and Victoria Island.

No, no family. I did mention in the explanation letter on my TRV for visit permit that i might catch up with a few friends that i made during my student life in Pakistan and London who currently live in Vancouver.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
I think you should just reapply with your new i20. I strongly feel that's the sole reason for your denial.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Maria123 said:
Not at all, i have some friends in Seattle so we planned a road trip to Vancouver and Victoria Island.

No, no family. I did mention in the explanation letter on my TRV for visit permit that i might catch up with a few friends that i made during my student life in Pakistan and London who currently live in Vancouver.
IMO, you must NOT reapply until you get your case notes (GCMS). While one aspect of the refusal reason for immigration status could be resolved by reapplying with the new I-20, the other refusal reasons do not seem to apply to your situation. Again, the I-20 is not the only way to prove your immigration status in the US.

I would wait a few months before you reapply. You have moved to the US very recently and your study ties are not strong. You also had a refusal for a Canada study permit earlier

Maria123

Apr 20, 2017
How can i request GCMS ?

and even in a few months, will my case change since i don't have classes till august 2017?

I was hoping to reapply since one of my friend (presently studying in the same university as mine had a similar case to mine as she (Thai national) was refused student permit to Canada in 2016 got her PPR 2 days ago. We attached the same documents except i dint attach my I-20.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Maria123 said:
How can i request GCMS ?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

and even in a few months, will my case change since i don't have classes till august 2017?
This is why I suggest you do not reapply until you establish stronger study ties (this is your only strong tie presently)

I was hoping to reapply since one of my friend (presently studying in the same university as mine had a similar case to mine as she (Thai national) was refused student permit to Canada in 2016 got her PPR 2 days ago. We attached the same documents except i dint attach my I-20.
It is incorrect to compare. The specifics of each case is different. A number of other factors also matter

Maria123

Apr 20, 2017
Thank you Bryanna!!

I did check the link but it states this "To send a request you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently in Canada."

what would be the best way to request this information since i do not have any representative in Canada?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You can request a Canadian friend/relative to apply for these case notes on your behalf. This is the fastest way.

Otherwise you will have to Google to find a service provider/agent who can obtain these notes for you. That would take longer + cost CAD 25-30