+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Brutal Winter and a Jobless Immigrant family

Moejoego

Star Member
Jun 13, 2015
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I lived in Canada 5 and half years during my studies...I was single and had great time I worked I have been brutalized and blah blah...I think you must do your research work before you move to Canada. Get some kind of skill and do great networking... Thats must to get a job...and cold u r near to north pole I think when you applied you must checked the canadian map... :D...so take it buddy its canada dont stuck inside move move and keep your self moving snow not gonna hurt you... its a reality and you must face it...everything will be alright just stay positive and leave rest to God. you took a decision to move to Canada now stick with it. if you feel depressed who will support your spouse and your kids. so keep your head up and do good everything will be good...

Cheers!!!!

God will bring happiness in your life...

audrey888

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A must read. I've been living in Canada for 6 years and still struggling to become permanent resident. We have a fair share of his story.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Re: Brutal Winter and a Jobless Immigrant famil

We have PR but no jobs in Canada, hence we are working and living in our home country.

Reactions: Svet81

audrey888

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Brutal Winter and a Jobless Immigrant famil

ttrajan said:
We have PR but no jobs in Canada, hence we are working and living in our home country.

That's true. I know someone with Masters Degree and ended up cleaning washrooms and work all the survival jobs he can.

eski

Sep 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20 2016
Doc's Request.
Jan 20 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Jan 20 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed Jan 23 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 13 2016
LANDED..........
April 28 2016
What are the chances for doctors? ?nurses? ?personal fitness trainers? Chefs??anyone with an idea?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Very difficult to get jobs. They prefer local qualified and experience people.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
Theo123 said:
my god. about 95% of people here who are already in canada and went there without a job offer are all saying the same thing. employment can take years to find! why the hell are we even bothering to apply for a visa in canada?!?!?!?
We apply for visas because for some of us, Canada is a land of opportunity.

Not everyone has a brutal several years and goes home dejected. Most of the difficulty in finding a job is in knowing where to look, and how to present yourself properly.

I hear people on this forum talking about how absolutely awful the market is here, yet I see from personal experience what is possible.

Canada has tremendous resources available - job placement assistance, and money for training. If one can't find a job with someone else, there are organizations like WorkBC (for BC) and Immigrant Services organizations that receive money from the government to assist with job placement and language training. Immigrant services companies are funded out of the fees we pay as permanent residents.

There are courses that can train someone to have a marketable skill and a job in a few months. Starting your own business is relatively easy here, and there are grants, small business loans, and other opportunities available - in many cases, money available without restriction. If you want to do research and development of a product, there are funds to do that, and tax credits return most of the cost.

This isn't just a fantasy, or a pipe dream - three months after landing, and the company I started receives $50,000 to start, and makes the connections we need to raise additional capital, if we need it. Companies are desperate for innovation and hard work - the trick is to find the opportunities, and to realize them. You have to come to them, they don't come to you.

audrey888

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kateg

Just recently my co worker invited me to attend a seminar about starting a small business pretty much the same like what you have mentioned on your post. To make the long story short, it ended up recruiting me to sell food supplements like vitamins, beauty products and the like. As far as I know you'll be needing atleast 200K CAD on your account to start up a business on your own, correct me if I'm wrong. I wonder if the business you're referring was the same opportunity some people are trying to imply to persuade the public to join them.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A warm jacket should put this topic to rest. How can I tag this as "read with caution, this might bust your plans to immigrate to canada."

Jokes aside, even though its important to share personal experiences, both good and bad, but it is not always same across the board. Jobs are expensive comodities in every part of the world and canada is no exception. But with constant hard work and persistence you will achieve what you aim for. The key is you keep moving forward. Have an aim and give in all to achieve that aim. No one will give you a job on silver plater, you will have to earn it, be it in Canada or any part of the world for that matter.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
StAnger said:
A warm jacket should put this topic to rest. How can I tag this as "read with caution, this might bust your plans to immigrate to canada."

Jokes aside, even though its important to share personal experiences, both good and bad, but it is not always same across the board. Jobs are expensive comodities in every part of the world and canada is no exception. But with constant hard work and persistence you will achieve what you aim for. The key is you keep moving forward. Have an aim and give in all to achieve that aim. No one will give you a job on silver plater, you will have to earn it, be it in Canada or any part of the world for that matter.
couldn't agree more!

Moejoego

Star Member
Jun 13, 2015
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
StAnger said:

You nailed it buddy....excuses and dejection is sign of failures...if you have some power in your butt...just give your best and leave rest....I think better cribbing on this forum u better go out there and find a job or if you have a job just spend maximum hours to excel in it....

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
kateg said:
We apply for visas because for some of us, Canada is a land of opportunity.

Not everyone has a brutal several years and goes home dejected. Most of the difficulty in finding a job is in knowing where to look, and how to present yourself properly.

I hear people on this forum talking about how absolutely awful the market is here, yet I see from personal experience what is possible.

Canada has tremendous resources available - job placement assistance, and money for training. If one can't find a job with someone else, there are organizations like WorkBC (for BC) and Immigrant Services organizations that receive money from the government to assist with job placement and language training. Immigrant services companies are funded out of the fees we pay as permanent residents.

There are courses that can train someone to have a marketable skill and a job in a few months. Starting your own business is relatively easy here, and there are grants, small business loans, and other opportunities available - in many cases, money available without restriction. If you want to do research and development of a product, there are funds to do that, and tax credits return most of the cost.

This isn't just a fantasy, or a pipe dream - three months after landing, and the company I started receives $50,000 to start, and makes the connections we need to raise additional capital, if we need it. Companies are desperate for innovation and hard work - the trick is to find the opportunities, and to realize them. You have to come to them, they don't come to you.

+1, thats a great example of thinking outside the box. It takes a lot of courage to take that step and startup your own company, you have the right mindset to succeed in this country. Good luck and keep going!

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
audrey888 said:
Hi Kateg

Just recently my co worker invited me to attend a seminar about starting a small business pretty much the same like what you have mentioned on your post. To make the long story short, it ended up recruiting me to sell food supplements like vitamins, beauty products and the like. As far as I know you'll be needing atleast 200K CAD on your account to start up a business on your own, correct me if I'm wrong. I wonder if the business you're referring was the same opportunity some people are trying to imply to persuade the public to join them.
Those are scams, and not worth doing.

So far, I've spent about $5,000 on equipment for my company. This came out of my own money. We just won $50,000. As a result of the networking we're doing, we have the opportunity to raise another $400,000 or so of capital if we wanted to. If we add grants and tax credits (and are careful stewards of the $50,000), we can turn that $50,000 into $150,000 worth of development.

The type of networking to do is entrepeneurship, not "business opportunity".

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
StAnger said:
Well said.

Each of our stories is our own - there are successes, and there are failures. The failures serve as a caution - a warning of the perils we each face. The successes serve as potential - goals for us to work towards.

There are many countries with less opportunity, where corruption and economic distress make success on the same scale impossible. Canada has clean air, a big market, and a class system that can be moved within (instead of a caste system that cannot). With hard work applied in a smart direction, success will come. With hard work in a poor direction, success likely won't.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fellows,

Just to recap, life in Canada is quite challenging. You got to fight with so many hurdles on a daily basis, but at the end, it pays off.

I just want to encourage those who are waiting either for PR or WP not to give up. "You got to make things happen"

We came 4 years ago,: we are already waiting for Oath Ceremony, for the last 3 years I have been with the same company (Management Level) with a nice and decent income. Wife is moving up too from her end. My oldest child is already 3rd year University, 2nd one in 2nd year University and the youngest one finishing HS.

I must admit life has been difficult, however, we are very happy and look forward for a better future ahead of us.

My two cents: Have faith and work hard "There in no Free Lunch in Life"

All the best,

SFD