+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bringing Wife and kid after getting PR

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I just wanted to ask that after I get PR, how long will it take to bring my family to Canada?
Thank you.

hsinxh

May 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-March-2017
I would like to know about this too.

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
zaksam777 said:
Hi all,

I just wanted to ask that after I get PR, how long will it take to bring my family to Canada?
Thank you.
Hi there!

If they live outside Canada, it will take anywhere between 8 to 18 months. If hey live with you in Canada it could take from 22 to 26 months.

Hope I helped.

Thanks and good luck!

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
That's of course of you want to sponsor them to become PR as well. If you are looking for temporary visit visa (if you have PR it should be super easy!)

Thanks

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omarimam said:
Hi there!

If they live outside Canada, it will take anywhere between 8 to 18 months. If hey live with you in Canada it could take from 22 to 26 months.

Hope I helped.

Thanks and good luck!
Thanks Omar.

They are outside of Canada. So when I get PR how long exactly will it take to call them to Canada and get them them PR as well.
Thanks.

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
zaksam777 said:
Thanks Omar.

They are outside of Canada. So when I get PR how long exactly will it take to call them to Canada and get them them PR as well.
Thanks.
I have a friend who got it in 8 months exactly, but the max should be a year (12 months)

I hope it can work out for all of you soon :)

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omarimam said:
I have a friend who got it in 8 months exactly, but the max should be a year (12 months)

I hope it can work out for all of you soon :)
Thanks again Omar. But what do you mean by "If hey live with you in Canada it could take from 22 to 26 months" ?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
zaksam777 said:
Thanks again Omar. But what do you mean by "If hey live with you in Canada it could take from 22 to 26 months" ?
Inland applications for spousal sponsorship take longer than overseas applications for family sponsorship.
If they apply inland, they cannot leave Canada until they are approved.
You already said your family is outside Canada, so this does not apply to you.

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
zaksam777 said:
They have to options for family sponsorship.

1- If they live outside of Canada (which they assume you havent seen them in a while, and they try to connect you sooner)
2- If they live inside of Canada (which means that, the family is already together, they will take more time)

I hope that's clear, let me know if you need anything else.

Good luck all!

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omarimam said:
They have to options for family sponsorship.

1- If they live outside of Canada (which they assume you havent seen them in a while, and they try to connect you sooner)
2- If they live inside of Canada (which means that, the family is already together, they will take more time)

I hope that's clear, let me know if you need anything else.

Good luck all!
Thanks

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bellaluna said:
Inland applications for spousal sponsorship take longer than overseas applications for family sponsorship.
If they apply inland, they cannot leave Canada until they are approved.
You already said your family is outside Canada, so this does not apply to you.
thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
zaksam777 said:
Hi all,

Thank you.
Why are they not part of your PR application? That would be the sensible solution as they have to undergo medical and background checks anyway before you land as a PR.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm assuming his CRS would've decreased due to his spouse and affecting his chances of obtaining an ITA.

:)

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
I'm assuming his CRS would've decreased due to his spouse and affecting his chances of obtaining an ITA.

:)
Hi All,

Currently I have above 400 score. I hope that I will get the notification of Interest soon. My current profile is with my wife and family. Now if I get the PT notification and during that long process, if I feel that my score may fall below 400, can I drop my wife and dependent from the application so that I can get more added points and stay above 400 score for OINP eligibility during that processing?
Thank you.