+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bring my spouse with me before sponsoring PR?

jp_88

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I'm getting married in couple of months and I'm thinking about bringing my spouse with me after marriage to Canada. So far I researched and I know I need to apply for Family class sponsorship and I'm thinking about bringing my spouse here as Visitor and then apply for Spouse sponsor Inland- PR application.

I spoke with a friend about this and he sounded like if I get married to a person outside Canada, I can't bring them as a visitor and I should Sponsor my spouse, is that true?

Or Can I bring my spouse as visitor and then apply for sponsorship?

My plan is to bring my spouse with me after marriage. Can you please let me know if you know any other possibilities to bring spouse quickly and apply for sponsorship when they're in Canada?

I would really appreciate your help on this topic.

Thanks!

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi Everyone,

I'm getting married in couple of months and I'm thinking about bringing my spouse with me after marriage to Canada. So far I researched and I know I need to apply for Family class sponsorship and I'm thinking about bringing my spouse here as Visitor and then apply for Spouse sponsor Inland- PR application.

I spoke with a friend about this and he sounded like if I get married to a person outside Canada, I can't bring them as a visitor and I should Sponsor my spouse, is that true?

My plan is to bring my spouse with me after marriage. Can you please let me know if you know any other possibilities to bring spouse quickly and apply for sponsorship when they're in Canada?

Thanks!
I wish this could be so easy but sadly if they allow this , almost all spouses would bring in their partners here 1st>> then sponsor. Chances are very rare to get a TRV visa but YES some got it who proved back home ties of applicant are very strong and proved that he/she will definitely go back. Overall it is highly unlikely that a visitor visa will be granted. You can try thou

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Does your future spouse require a visitors visa to come to Canada? If no, then you can try to bring them to Canada as a visitor. If they do require a visa, read on.

Once you are married, you will find it next to impossible for your spouse to get a visitor visa.

If your spouse can get a visitor visa, you can try to apply in Canada. But if your spouse is refused, you may be stuck applying outside Canada.

som3body

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Thanks!
You should try and get her a visitor visa before getting married if you want her to come. I got married and applied for a visitor visa. Even with her job and family connections my ties with her were considered stronger than her ties to her family, and work, and that she would potentially over stay the visa. So if you are thinking of doing this I would highly recommend applying for her visitor visa before you are married as she won't have any ties with you what so ever. But she needs to be able to prove that she can sustain her self for her visit.