+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Visas

moggan

Dec 1, 2015
Hi Guys,

I've been trying to find more details on bridging visas but I find that the details are really varied and no one really know how to apply for a bridging visa.

My current situation is that I've finalized my permanent residency application last week (Jan. 13th) and I've been told it will take 87 days to process, and I assume, finalize. The problem is that this means it won't be ready by the 10th of April, but my work permit will expire on the 3rd of March. I've roughly a month and a half to secure a bridging visa but I'm very unsure how to do this, for example there seems to be no online application and I'm unsure if I should fill out IMM5708 or IMM5710? Can somebody clarify? And where do we send them?

I deeply appreciate any help,

Thomas

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's called a Bridging Open Work Permit. It can only be applied for online.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

moggan

Dec 1, 2015
There's another link on that page for the IMM5710 form, but where do I submit that once I've completed it?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moggan said:
There's another link on that page for the IMM5710 form, but where do I submit that once I've completed it?
That's a good question. I have searched the CIC website but can't find the location. Let's see if anyone on the forum knows.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can print off that form and send it to the CIC office in Vegreville if you want to go paper route.
if you want to submit it online, log in to your MYCIC, do the eligibility questionnaire, select that you want to stay less than 6 months and then you should have the application for the bridging visa in your mycic and you can submit it there.
keep in mind, its taking roughly 4 months to process them, you don't need to submit it until about the week before your visa runs out. they only need to have received it before your visa expires. then you are on implied status until you hear back. you can keep working just don't leave the country.