+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit HELP ASAP

kasey1

Aug 31, 2016
Hello, I am after help with common law sponsorship, and more specifically the bridging visa required to get me from my current Working Holiday Visa to when my PR is accepted. The issue is with form IMM5701E Application to change Conditions. Under 'Details of Intended work in Canada' they ask for your job, employer, and offer letter of employment etc. Currently I am in Vancouver, and I do temp work, meaning there is no letter of employment or employer sponsorship, so I don't know what to put in this section. Please let me know if I leave this blank, I fill in my current work or I am not eligible for the open work permit due to not having an offer letter. I believed the open work permit was the opposite of having an employer already lined up. Thank you! Kasey

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The OWP that is available for an Inland applicant is not bridging your existing WP. You need to wait until it arrives before you can work, if your current WP expires before it arrives.

You do not need to indicate employer details, or intended work. Just write(type) `unknown'.

Be sure to pay the full amount of $255 for the OWP ($155 + $100).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ponga said:
You do not need to indicate employer details, or intended work. Just write(type) `unknown'.
We just left it blank. You also need to select "Open Work Permit" as the Permit Type.

Ponga said:
Be sure to pay the full amount of $255 for the OWP ($155 + $100).
One is for the permit, the other is the OWP holder fee. Both required.

kasey1

Aug 31, 2016
Ok great I will leave it blank, thanks!

In terms of what to do between my current WHV expiring (July 2017) and when this OWP comes through,
- what options do I have?
- Do I need to leave Canada by July, or am I classed as 'implied status' as my PR application has been sent in (will be sent by next week)?
- On this status, can I work?

Also separately, is it better to apply inland or outland? I am already here obviously, but have questions for both options;
- On either, can I leave and get back into the country? If I do leave, will this cancel/interfere with my PR application going through?
- On either, can I work in Canada?
- Do I send the OWP application in with the PR application or separately? On the CIC site it says together in one envelope to help speed up the process.

Thank you guys! Really appreciate the help, I am wanting to get this sorted ASAP before my current visa expires!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
kasey1 said:
- Do I need to leave Canada by July, or am I classed as 'implied status' as my PR application has been sent in (will be sent by next week)?
- On this status, can I work?
It's not the PR application that gives you any status until completion. It's the OWP application from inland applications that give implied status. You cannot work unless you have a valid work permit. The OWP will take about 4 months to get, so time it accordingly.

kasey1 said:
Also separately, is it better to apply inland or outland? I am already here obviously, but have questions for both options;
At this point, I was avoiding answering this question. Today (about 4 hours ago) the Minister of Immigration dropped a bombshell on everyone. There is no more outland / inland. It's all one application from this point forward. There is a new, single application kit being released December 15 2016.

See:
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?crtr.sj1D=&crtr.mnthndVl=12&mthd=advSrch&crtr.dpt1D=6664&nid=1166069&crtr.lc1D=&crtr.tp1D=1&crtr.yrStrtVl=2002&crtr.kw=&crtr.dyStrtVl=1&crtr.aud1D=&crtr.mnthStrtVl=1&crtr.page=1&crtr.yrndVl=2016&crtr.dyndVl=31

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1166139

And the new process:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse/process.asp?_ga=1.143623805.934890606.1479241191

kasey1

Aug 31, 2016
Oh wow that is huge news! I followed the links but there is no 'download application kit' because I assume it won't be available until 15 Dec? So would I be better off waiting until the new kit is out, or it will be the same forms as in the current kit?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
kasey1 said:
Oh wow that is huge news! I followed the links but there is no 'download application kit' because I assume it won't be available until 15 Dec? So would I be better off waiting until the new kit is out, or it will be the same forms as in the current kit?
I had to update the second link -- wrong web address.

The new kits apparently will different, more friendly forms. I would wait until Dec 15 to see what shakes out. Also any application submitted is to be processed in 12 months from today forward. We are not sure what implications just yet. So that's why I was avoid it...