+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

parashar30

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manidhatt said:
What you applied is an Open work permit and not Brdiging open work permit.
Is application fine? Can I assume that I will get an open work permit?

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
parashar30 said:
Is application fine? Can I assume that I will get an open work permit?
Perfectly fine. Nothing to worry.

pathfinder11

Apr 11, 2016
Hi, let me throw some light on this subject.

My BOWP got refused today. I called CIC couple of times today, one time the agent made me speak to a senior manager in FSW dept. She clearly told me that under the new rules BOWP is only approved after the eligibility is determined. AOR is just for the payment receipt and confirmation that the application has been submitted nothing more or less. But for BOWP since, it is like open work permit for one year, so the Dept. now waits till the eligibility phrase is completed.

My AOR is Nov 20
Med Passed
according to my GMCS notes, my medical, R10, criminality, FSW, CEC is all MET. Eligibility is still under review and usually stays this way till the time the final decision is not made.

pixelboy

Mar 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
AOR Received.
03-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
pathfinder11 said:
Hi, let me throw some light on this subject.

My BOWP got refused today. I called CIC couple of times today, one time the agent made me speak to a senior manager in FSW dept. She clearly told me that under the new rules BOWP is only approved after the eligibility is determined. AOR is just for the payment receipt and confirmation that the application has been submitted nothing more or less. But for BOWP since, it is like open work permit for one year, so the Dept. now waits till the eligibility phrase is completed.

My AOR is Nov 20
Med Passed
according to my GMCS notes, my medical, R10, criminality, FSW, CEC is all MET. Eligibility is still under review and usually stays this way till the time the final decision is not made.
Sorry to hear that. That's a bit troubling, actually. I thought the requirement was for R10 (whatever that entails) to be passed.
From what I've read around here, elegibility is usually one of the last things to be completed, and usually shows as "in progress" even after people receive their PPR.
For those cases, what's the point of applying for a BWOP, then, if you can't get any time to "bridge" while your PR application is still being processed?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pixelboy said:
Sorry to hear that. That's a bit troubling, actually. I thought the requirement was for R10 (whatever that entails) to be passed.
From what I've read around here, elegibility is usually one of the last things to be completed, and usually shows as "in progress" even after people receive their PPR.
For those cases, what's the point of applying for a BWOP, then, if you can't get any time to "bridge" while your PR application is still being processed?
That's actually extremely troubling. I've just applied for a BOWP yesterday. My WP expires on 26 June. I ordered GCMS Notes as otherwise I have no idea what's happening to my case file.

Just hope and pray I won't get rejected. Called CIC and was told all I need is AOR. I provided full employment history.

Hi @pathfinder11, can you please provide your full PR application timeline including your BOWP timeline?

pathfinder11

Apr 11, 2016
Believe its nerve wracking, I spoke to 3/4 agents today not one told me that AOR is only thing. The told me AOR is imp but determination of eligibility is more imp. I applied for the BOWP on Feb 26 and got refused today April 10. My work permit has expired on April 05. So i guess i will be moving to restoration status now.

Hell with these new rules.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pathfinder11 said:
Believe its nerve wracking, I spoke to 3/4 agents today not one told me that AOR is only thing. The told me AOR is imp but determination of eligibility is more imp. I applied for the BOWP on Feb 26 and got refused today April 10. My work permit has expired on April 05. So i guess i will be moving to restoration status now.

Hell with these new rules.
Really sorry to hear that, if that's the case I hope my R10, and Eligibility is Passed by the time they look at my application.

I just had another look on the website and it just says that R10 is OK you should get BOWP along with being in Canada, having an unexpired Visa with less than 4 months left etc.

They really should publish the new rules on the website.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @pathfinder11, the one thing I would say for you isat least you're approaching 5 months since AOR. I presume you're an FSW Inland applicant as well?

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I'm currently trying to apply for a BOWP and I need some guidance, any help is much appreciated.

My PGWP expires July 29th 2016, I got ITA on April 6th under CEC, submitted e-APR on the 15th and received AOR on April 16th. I'm currently answering the Come to Canada tool but once completed it doesn't offer me the option to apply for a work permit extension, only Temporary resident visa application. My first question is how do I answer the wizard correctly in order for it to prompt me the option to apply for a status extension?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, just a quick question for those of you who have successfully applied for an got your BOWP. How long before you saw the first movement on your account? I applied on 10 April and as of yest the 'Medicals' have not even turned to 'Passed'. They are the same medicals I used for my PR application and they have a validity of longer than 6 months.

Thanks in advance of your reply.

IrishinVan

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Olivia82 said:
Anyone applied for BOWP mid March via paper route get approved it declined yet?
Hi Olivia82, I applied paper mid-March and haven't heard anything yet. fingers crossed.

Olivia82

Apr 12, 2016
Help..... sent in my application for BOWP via paper and i dont think i submitted a copy of my medicals..... i cant remember i sent in a copy of our existing LMIA and passports will i get declined now or is there a way of submitting them now PLEASE HELP

IrishinVan

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Olivia82 said:
Help..... sent in my application for BOWP via paper and i dont think i submitted a copy of my medicals..... i cant remember i sent in a copy of our existing LMIA and passports will i get declined now or is there a way of submitting them now PLEASE HELP
don't worry - on the IMM5556E checklist form, it says that providing proof of medical is optional. It's not on the list of mandatory attachments. Also, depending on your AOR, they will be able to see that your medical has been passed already. If you're really anxious about it just send in a copy now by mail with a cover letter explaining that you forgot to include it, and put down your UCI on it. It's likely they haven't even looked at March applications yet so they will add it to your file to be processed.

Olivia82

Apr 12, 2016
IrishinVan said:
don't worry - on the IMM5556E checklist form, it says that providing proof of medical is optional. It's not on the list of mandatory attachments. Also, depending on your AOR, they will be able to see that your medical has been passed already. If you're really anxious about it just send in a copy now by mail with a cover letter explaining that you forgot to include it, and put down your UCI on it. It's likely they haven't even looked at March applications yet so they will add it to your file to be processed.

Thanks is the UCI on my LMIA?