14-02-2017
Passport Req..
02-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2017
LANDED..........
21-05-2017
Hi!

I actually had this same question when I was filling out this form yesterday. Yeah I think 'an initial work permit or permit with a new employer' is fine and in the other boxes where it asked for the employer info I simply put down "Open Work Permit - Hence N/A". Its either that I think or a 'work permit with the same employer' however I'm guessing like me, your previous work permit was also an open work permit and hence not for a specific employer. Does anyone else have any info on what they filled out for this initial section and what the correct category is?

Also on a side note, is anyone else having the same issue as me with the telephone no. section of the form, wherein when you select Canada/US for some reason it only allows you to input 3 digits for the area code and then all the other fields appear to be locked with the exception of the extension no. field. Can't seem to put in my Canadian phone number unless I select 'Other' which then lets me type it in.

Thanks!

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Hello Everyone,
I am applying for a BOWP, based on an AOR (EE - CEC). I have uploaded all documents, except when I try to upload the IMM5710 form, I can get an error which says;

Error: The form you have uploaded was not accepted
- Error Description: The version of the document submitted is no longer accepted.

Please help! I am running out of time.....

P.S I have I have Adobe Reader XI and Adobe Acrobat 9 installed on my computer.

Thanks in advance!

capt.nemo

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
In IMM 5710E, the employment details is it a must? I would like to apply for BOWP, but I am quitting my job now. So can I leave it blank?

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Yes, in BOWP one has to leave the Intended Employment details blank. This is what majority of the people have advised here in this thread.

You can write N/A or Not applicable in those entries if you like.

logan_wins

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hasankhan27 said:
Yes, in BOWP one has to leave the Intended Employment details blank. This is what majority of the people have advised here in this thread.

You can write N/A or Not applicable in those entries if you like.
Have the same problem as Hasan ! The error message. Anyone in here have any suggestions

kashi04

Apr 1, 2015
Hey all, thought I'd share this. So my PGWP expired Nov 29 last year but before it did, I applied for a study permit which was approved. I got an ITA just before Xmas so I submitted the PR application and a BOWP. A friend had spoken to an immigration lawyer who said if ur on study permit, they won't approve a BOWP. Well My application for the BOWP was approved today March 10th after 2 months. I Submitted January 6th and was approved today after it was placed on hold for 2wks. Anyway, thought I'd share incase anyone is in the same boat.

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
kashi04 said:
Hey all, thought I'd share this. So my PGWP expired Nov 29 last year but before it did, I applied for a study permit which was approved. I got an ITA just before Xmas so I submitted the PR application and a BOWP. A friend had spoken to an immigration lawyer who said if ur on study permit, they won't approve a BOWP. Well My application for the BOWP was approved today March 10th after 2 months. I Submitted January 6th and was approved today after it was placed on hold for 2wks. Anyway, thought I'd share incase anyone is in the same boat.
Wow, buy a lottery now! They shouldn't have given BOWP for you on a study permit...

HHope8

Mar 4, 2017
Hi all,

Urgent request as I need to submit my BOWP today:

In the "optional documents", besides the LOE there is a request for Schedule 1: Application for a temporary resident visa made outside Canada (IMM 5257). The instructions, however, mention: You must provide a Schedule 1 declaration. A Schedule 1 declaration is a form with questions about your personal history. You will be asked to list information such as any affiliations with organizations and any military or government service.

I am applying from within Canada. What is this? Is this something only for people who apply for TRV?

Thank you!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
HHope8 said:
Hi all,

In the "optional documents", besides the LOE there is a request for Schedule 1: Application for a temporary resident visa made outside Canada (IMM 5257). The instructions, however, mention: You must provide a Schedule 1 declaration. A Schedule 1 declaration is a form with questions about your personal history. You will be asked to list information such as any affiliations with organizations and any military or government service.

I am applying from within Canada. What is this? Is this something only for people who apply for TRV?

Thank you!
Just fill it out and submit it anyway if no one answers.

Sandycool

Apr 14, 2011
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Hello ,

I have a question regarding BOWP. I applied under EE in Dec, 2015. After all waiting and everything I received email from CIC that my application is rejected because it is incomplete. I recreated my EE profile with 1066 score (with OINP). My open work permit is going to expire in June 11th, 2017. I am waiting for CIC draw, hopefully I will receive ITA this wednesday if draw comes out.

When should I apply for BOWP? and how long it will take to process.?

Please help.

JamesMM

Mar 13, 2017
I thought I'd share this unique situationvto see what y'all think. I initially received an AOR in January of 2016 and applied for a BOWP. After receiving my BOWP that would expire in a year, my ee application was refused based of an issue with work experience and was allowed to reapply to ee immediately.

While waiting for the score to drop I got an invitation under cec with an AOR of January 31st 2017. But now my BOWP expires in April. So I applied for my second BOWP in early February. Does anyone think it would be an issue with applying for a second BOWP? I should be hearing about that work permit soon.

kagopala

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I would like to know whether i am eligible to apply for BOWP with ITA alone.
I am not sure whether i will receive AOR becos, my wife's medicals are on hold for her pregnancy due date.
My Employer specific work permit expires in May 2017..
Any inputs on my case is really appreciated.

Thanks

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
HHope8 said:
Hi all,

Thank you!
If you apply from a visa-exempt country you don't need to upload it. If you apply from any other countries, I would upload it.